Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The TSR Musicians & Artists Thread Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rhythmical)
    Yeah mine too, I think its this *****y weather.
    I don't even know what the weather's like.. :getmecoat:

Why, is it raining, there?
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheOtherSide.)
    I don't even know what the weather's like.. :getmecoat:

Why, is it raining, there?
    Well it was earlier, now here it's cold and I'm guessing still rainy. But it's been miserable.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheOtherSide.)
    Now that's not one you hear every day. :lol:

Okay, seriously, that sounds like such an awesome career to have! Do you have lots of experience in acting?
    Some, I missed the auditions for my towns production of midsummer nights dream
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Oh I hate the app, never works for Android but mind you that's a good thing, need to stay away from this site and revise but that fails every time I attempt it.
    Works for me, as in the app

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, Drummer/Trombonist here. I've been learning the trombone for a little over 3 years, haven't received a lot of tuition but work with what I have.Got a trombone about 2 years ago through the Leonardo Aggio Award (provides funding for musical instruments if they think you're any good) but haven't been practicing nearly as much as I need to :/

Drumming is a similar story, but I don't have a kit so rely on school term time for access to a kit, and haven't had any drumming tuition for well over a year, I rely on my practice pad, metronome and the internet to improve. I have some videos up on my instagram (@eldrumbonist), where some videos are decent but I can also see that my technique needs improvement.

I picked up the guitar over the last summer, found it fairly easy to cover the basics and as it's much easier to pick up a guitar I find myself practising this instrument more than anything else!

ReputationRep:
    https://soundcloud.com/user-840336399/abs-2 Another electronica wip.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XOR_)
    https://soundcloud.com/user-840336399/abs-2 Another electronica wip.
    I love it! :ahee:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by serah.exe)
    I love it! :ahee:
    Thank you

ReputationRep:
    https://soundcloud.com/user-840336399/gt-1 Early morning guitar riff :P.

ReputationRep:
    nice song i made a couple weeks ago off my new ep https://soundcloud.com/josepharmstro...p-link-in-desc

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XOR_)
    https://soundcloud.com/user-840336399/gt-1 Early morning guitar riff :P.
    wow this is really good!
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Just some lyrics I've been writing recently. It's kinda long, and could be offensive

Spoiler:
    Show

**** this ****, I try to unwind,
    But every freaking night,
    I lose the fight with the guy inside
    That I've put up a façade to hide,
    But the mask is removed once I start to write,
    And even I don't recognise
    the monster trapped in my mind!
    Once I run out of lines and get to sleep
    I have eternal nightmares filled with my screams,
    No wonder I have no hope, not even dreams,
    Dunno how I cope, barely holding the seams
    Together, but to the outside world it seems,
    Like I'm bouncing off the ceiling,
    But I keep hiding this feeling,
    It's like my skin has started peeling,
    My heart won't stop bleeding
    And I won't start healing.
    But then I start achieving,
    find a new meaning,
    And everything starts seeming
    To be within my reach an’
    I've finally found a path
    That allows me to yell “I'm back!”
    Before spitting a new rap,
    This time I'm on full attack,
    Churning out more lead than an AT-AT
    Leaving more dead than the yanks did Afghans,
    Crap! Am I really that mad that I can laugh at
    The fact that an event happened so bad that
    Thousands of people lost their lives?
    See, once I start to rhyme,
    I lose a bit of my disguise,
    But even I fear the guy inside,
    Because I've finally realised,
    How much I traumatise,
    People otherwise identified
    As absolutely fine,
    Now it feels like my heart is made outta wood,
    Just like I always knew it would,
    Cause try as I might I just can't do no good,
    I thought I could, I knew I should,
    But now it feels like,
    I'm going twelve rounds against Mike Tyson,
    It's not even a bare knuckle fight!
    As he pulls out his belt buckle I'm
    Praying I'll draw blood tonight,
    And drawing my own butterfly knife,
    I spot my moment, go to strike
    As my life dashes past my eyes
    That's right, I didn't quite die
    But he stuck the knife in my side
    Just so he could keep me alive
    He didn't know I was simply waiting for the right time
    To end my mother****ing life!
    Cause man I just don't know why I even try,
    I just end up the same place and state with the same face trying to hide my tears as I cry!
    Yeah I guess you could say
    That I'm stuck on the set of Groundhog day!
    But I don't need to be a psychic to tell you I'll be lucky if my winter even ends in May!
    The best way to describe my brain is to say I'm stuck in this lyrical maze trying to escape,
    Buy the day I finally break free of the chains that restrain me will be the day I'm finally sane,
    Wait. Did I say maze? I should have called I labyrinth, I can't negotiate,
    This monster, cause the walls move everytime I see the exit
    I try, but my effort never quite makes it,
    Guess that's why there's always a next hit,
    Another obstacle, a next bridge,
    That I've just gotta cross, but I dunno how,
    It just going further and further round
    the bend, just wanna scream and shout,
    Maybe once I get all this crap out,
    I might finally get myself on the mend!
    That’s why I always sit here with paper and a pen,
    It’s all just an attempt to vent and get it all out my head
    Maybe one day I’ll stop hating on myself
    and start actually looking after my health
    But I just keep pulling rhymes of the shelf
    but the demons just won’t relent
    It’s like all they can do is dement
    My life so that it starts to seem
    That I’ll never start to see
    A way out, it never occurred to me,
    To have any faith or hope,
    That maybe, one day I’ll find peace,
    But rapping is all I know,
    All I can ****ing do is flow!
    It’s the only thing that lets me at least pretend to cope!
    That’s why you see me on this stage performing these lyrical miracles,
    I’m not blowing stuff to biblical proportion just to drive the crowd hysterical,
    It’s all just an attempt to vent and get this stuff off my chest,
    Hopefully it’ll get the thoughts out my head, and I can get
    Some actual rest, without this I’d never get to bed,
    But the demons just won’t relent,
    No matter how many lyrics I invent,
    My dreams are never met
    And they continue to dement
    My head at night as I try to sleep but I can’t get no peace inside of my own mind!
    Once I lay down and turn out the lights it’s kinda like I’ve crossed that fine line,
    And plunged deep into the abyss in my brain, I just can’t cross the bridge that is my life,
    At least not unscathed, because I hate everything about myself and keep denying my health, I lie to myself and say “I’m fine”,
    Even though I know that I’m actually so low and sick of riding solo that I feel like I’ll die alone!
    But I still got that get up and go, the attitude that makes me bring the flow through to you,
    I just hone in on my skillset, I ain’t asking where my pills at, unlike the rest of the game,
    I get up on that stage and set the mic alight, I ain’t phased, I set it ablaze, and it never ceases to amaze,
    The crowd that surrounds my limelight, I just rhyme like I’m there to entertain, despite tryna explain,
    That eternal pain that goes through my brain every day, I’m losing it and fighting for control, like terrorists on a packed plane,
    That’s right, I’m Evil, might as well call me Kenevil,
    the way I perform these lyrical stunts on the mic,
    flip these rhymes like fire in front of your very eyes,
    makes half the game turn round and hide
    but I ain’t ****ing about; this ain’t even part one, just the prequel!
    **** it, the rest of the game just gather around me, like a bunch of disappointed, talentless moths, yet these lines keep popping off the top when I start to rock, it’s like I’m fighting against the clock, the speed these keep on,
    Pouring outta my mouth, I just scream and shout till they’ve all come out,
    No wonder everyone tells me to shut the **** up, cause I’m never done,
    My rhymes are like a Hydra, for every line spun there’s another two yet to come,
    They just fall off my tongue, like the saliva falls outta the dumb *****,
    By now you’ve figured out there’s no hook and I’m just continuing for fun,
    So I figure, what the ****? Why not take a look at religion,
    Whether you’re a Muslim, Hindu, Buddhist, Christian or Monk,
    It doesn’t mean everyone should pretend it’s true,
    After all, who the **** are you?
    Just the end result of when your folks reproduced,
    Let’s see if we can solve this age old problem in this song, find the truth,
    Or at least some **** that can soothe everyone’s nerve and end the arguments,
    Cause from where I’m stood, myth and religion are one and the same and should come to an end.
    Let’s look logically, they were both invented by people that are long since dead,
    All in a simple attempt to explain the universe, but now in the modern day and age
    We have science to teach us what we need,
    We don’t need the preachers there to deceive,
    Everyone into fearing some magical pixie
    sat on a cloud with a great, big, bushy beard,
    Oh, look, I just described Zeus, Allah, Jupiter and God,
    All in one quick shot, no wonder people say I’m the bomb,
    But if you think I’m about to stop, oh boy you’re wrong,
    Because what has religion done for society that’s pos-
    itive? I can’t think of anything, not even one.
    We got natural disasters going on, the whole world’s gone to pot,
    But as I hop to the top Imma attempt to stop everyone firing Glocks,
    If you try to defeat me, you’re gonna have to **** off!
    Cause I’m never gonna cease producing these rhymes on these beats,
    keeping the rest of the game on their feet,
    Once my lyrics seep into the place my enemies flee,
    They don’t even stop to beg for peace,
    Cause they know I’ll never cease,
    I show no such thing as mercy,
    But it feels like I’m a broken record, my brain’s stuck on repeat,
    Before today I wrote about the same **** on every CD,
    Now I’m gonna cut the habit, I’m gonna release
    Every ****ing rhyme I’ve got stuck within me,
    Cause now it’s just driving me to insanity,
    So stop telling me to end the profanity,
    Cause I’m gonna keep ****ing rapping into eternity,
    Once I set my mind to something there ain’t no deterring me,
    Maybe I’ll get into that hall of fame with no one helping me,
    Or maybe I’ll just stay where I am with everyone whelping me,
    But, **** it, look it’s as simple as I ain’t giving in, rap is my life,
    I took it, cooked it inside of my mind and use it to escape my brain late at night,
    Cause all I’ve got is these evil voices giving me no choices but to stay awake and write,
    It’s kinda like I’m stuck in this bareknuckle fight, no turnbuckle at the side, but the enemy is I!
    No wonder I wanna curl and cry, coulda gotten up from that gutter, shoulda, but I just wouldn’ta made it right, cause I lie to everyone, even myself, I try my best but keep denying my health, but now it’s time to confess, yes, I use these lines to vent, use the words I invent in an attempt to get this shite off my chest, but it’s curse, keep writing another verse cause I’m losing the fight, it’s as if it’ll only end with me in a hearse, like even I’m against me,
    That’s why I’m trapped in this lyrical maze, cause even I hate me,
    Hide behind this game of rap causing a visual haze, even to those who named me,
    Live life like I’m crammed in this physical cage, wish I could muster up the guts to get up on that stage and start to put air to my name, wish I coulda seized the opportunity that I was given but I was unhappy with my written, didn’t wanna give it up but at the time I wasn’t living up to targets I’d set, but now I’m just using it to vent, and clear the air, yes I still want to entertain, but I don’t care as long I have the chance to go bezerk on the mic, my goals aren’t quite there in my mind, but I just wanna help others get up outta that gutter that I couldn’t, muster up the courage to get out there even if they **** up, let em know even the greats muck up,
    And now I’m rising aheada the rest of the game,
    I’m a high flying predator, chest full of flame,
    Things are gonna get better for me, no more of the same,
    Spinning more insane metaphors, end the war of the brain,
    That’s right, end a war and never get torn again,
    My rhymes are gonna tempt em all, get me to that fame,
    But it’s like Pokemon, gotta get em all, they’re running around inside my brain,
    I’ll catch em, get up on that stage and start to amaze the crowd, leave em in a daze,
    I might just be a spakker on the mic but I’ll still set the fakker alight!
    And I’m back at it tonight, setting the whole backing on fire,
    Cause once I put pen to paper, there’s no way to even save the children when I say the **** I always wished someone was gonna say to me, **** setting the lyrical phaser to stun, I don’t wanna come back later to finish the job, I just pray the end might finally appear before my eyes, but it’s like no matter how hard I try to find a way to escape I just see another dead end and have to turn back, It seems like when I do that, I don’t just turn on the path, I leave a little bit of me behind, it feels like it’s always too late when I realise, that no matter how hard I try to win this fight it’s like I’m Jekyll and Hyde cause deep on the inside I’ve got this guy with an evil side,
    I guess that’s why once I get on the track I’m a sick, sadistic, twisted son of a ***** with animal instincts making me fire the lyrical ballistics with my vindictive linguistics, the reason I never stop ripping it up, not givin it up, gonna keep livin it up, see another verse and I’ve written it up, but honestly who cares about this lyrical curse to produce these miracle words to create these biblical works and put em out in front of the world, get em out in the air and kill it so bad it’s driving it’s own hearse,
    I guess I do have an abusive relationship with the dictionary,
    I spray rhymes all over the place like the paint in pictionary,
    Once they’re all out I feel dead, guess the paint’s red, but I’m still a missionary,
    I keep making new **** to go in this music like a lyrical visionary,
    I keep producing these rhymes like a lyrical uzi, got more lines trapped inside of my mind than people stuck inside of those towers when they took a plane to the side, but I’m using my music, letting it flower and utilising it to try to take the futility outta my life, so that one day I might finally make it somewhere, I know my future ain’t clear but I’m just tryna find a path, a way to get there, that’s why I keep going berserk on these beats, forming absurd flows of words that work, it’s all I know, a way to cope and vent this world of hurt that’s stuck inside of my head, maybe at the end you lot might look at rhymes like a success, my only achievement, but the truth it was all just an attempt to prevent the inevitable moment of me going insane,
    We can all see that’s gone down tattered in flames,
    When I **** around on the mic I’m a rapper gone innane,
    But here I stay, and here I’ll always remain cause this game,
    Is how I escape the pain that’s permanently engrained in my brain,
    That’s why I’m a slave to what I say, nothing else is the same,
    I ain’t chasing the fame, I’m tryna vent and entertain and maybe set a fire up on the stage,
    Break free of the chains and restraints that encase me inside of my crazed cran-
    ium, but this ain’t no playstation, you can’t just click save and say you’re safe even when you ain’t,
    It’s the real world, you gotta go out and keep fighting no matter how much you’re hurting,
    I know you just wanna sit there cursing at the world an hoping you’ll be free of this burden,
    I’ve been there, tossing and turning, screaming “THIS AIN’T FAIR!!” Wishing you weren’t there in
    This world of hurt where no one cares and they just call you girl when you lose it and tear
    Your hair out of your head, ****ing pleading for it to end, yet you try your best, but nothing happens, it’s like you’re drowning in the depths of Loch Ness, you look around to see if you can answer the Scotch quest, but there’s nothing else, just you and your mess, then you convince yourself you’re the monster and plunge into the darkness, you “realise” that the world would be better without you and start to believe you deserve to die, you couldn’t see the light even if someone shines it into your eyes, you just run to your room, hide, turn up the volume and cry, don’t even stop for sunrise,
    You start to think that the Jews in the time of the Third Reich didn’t feel this shite,
    It’s then that you start asking “WHY???!!!!” To whatever religious guy
    You used to fantasize about, you start to see the insidious side,
    Realise the real lies that have been clouding your newly peeled eyes,
    That’s right, it gets worse than when you’re unsure which side to sleep on at night,
    It’s a curse, I pray for those days to return, my life’s just a restless haze, alright
    I’ll elaborate, it’s absurd that I can do nothing but the thing I love, but my senses are still dulled, I hate this, but I say this and then when it comes to it, what have I done? Nothing! I just keep praying that the pain’ll start fading, instead of getting up and making something of myself, need to stop giving them a reason to keep taking the piss cause I need this ****, I’m already mentally unsteady, I’m losing my mind! Laying there after last light with my eyes wide, all I can do is write, cause I got more lines stuck in my mind then there is in the nose of a Colombine, I guess in the eyes of a child that comment would enough to say “shots fired”, but in these eyes of mine that doesn’t even scrape the surface,
    And I don’t give a **** if you think that’s careless,
    I’ll still keep ripping the track up like the making of Scarface,
    Because the reality is I really couldn’t care less
    About your mother****ing thoughts, cause I was taught that when I’m the only one that’s brought anything into the game and wrought all the havoc, they’ll all think you're perfect while you're questioning if it's all worth it,

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Andy98)
    Just some lyrics I've been writing recently. It's kinda long, and could be offensive
    Spoiler:
    Show

find a new meaning,
    How much I traumatise,
    As absolutely fine,
    But now it feels like,
    I just end up the same place and state with the same face trying to hide my tears as I cry!
    But I don't need to be a psychic to tell you I'll be lucky if my winter even ends in May!
    The best way to describe my brain is to say I'm stuck in this lyrical maze trying to escape,
    Buy the day I finally break free of the chains that restrain me will be the day I'm finally sane,
    I’m not blowing stuff to biblical proportion just to drive the crowd hysterical,
    My dreams are never met
    My head at night as I try to sleep but I can’t get no peace inside of my own mind!
    Once I lay down and turn out the lights it’s kinda like I’ve crossed that fine line,
    And plunged deep into the abyss in my brain, I just can’t cross the bridge that is my life,
    At least not unscathed, because I hate everything about myself and keep denying my health, I lie to myself and say “I’m fine”,
    Even though I know that I’m actually so low and sick of riding solo that I feel like I’ll die alone!
    But I still got that get up and go, the attitude that makes me bring the flow through to you,
    I just hone in on my skillset, I ain’t asking where my pills at, unlike the rest of the game,
    I get up on that stage and set the mic alight, I ain’t phased, I set it ablaze, and it never ceases to amaze,
    The crowd that surrounds my limelight, I just rhyme like I’m there to entertain, despite tryna explain,
    That eternal pain that goes through my brain every day, I’m losing it and fighting for control, like terrorists on a packed plane,
    **** it, the rest of the game just gather around me, like a bunch of disappointed, talentless moths, yet these lines keep popping off the top when I start to rock, it’s like I’m fighting against the clock, the speed these keep on,
    My rhymes are like a Hydra, for every line spun there’s another two yet to come,
    Cause from where I’m stood, myth and religion are one and the same and should come to an end.
    Let’s look logically, they were both invented by people that are long since dead,
    All in a simple attempt to explain the universe, but now in the modern day and age
    I took it, cooked it inside of my mind and use it to escape my brain late at night,
    Cause all I’ve got is these evil voices giving me no choices but to stay awake and write,
    It’s kinda like I’m stuck in this bareknuckle fight, no turnbuckle at the side, but the enemy is I!
    No wonder I wanna curl and cry, coulda gotten up from that gutter, shoulda, but I just wouldn’ta made it right, cause I lie to everyone, even myself, I try my best but keep denying my health, but now it’s time to confess, yes, I use these lines to vent, use the words I invent in an attempt to get this shite off my chest, but it’s curse, keep writing another verse cause I’m losing the fight, it’s as if it’ll only end with me in a hearse, like even I’m against me,
    Live life like I’m crammed in this physical cage, wish I could muster up the guts to get up on that stage and start to put air to my name, wish I coulda seized the opportunity that I was given but I was unhappy with my written, didn’t wanna give it up but at the time I wasn’t living up to targets I’d set, but now I’m just using it to vent, and clear the air, yes I still want to entertain, but I don’t care as long I have the chance to go bezerk on the mic, my goals aren’t quite there in my mind, but I just wanna help others get up outta that gutter that I couldn’t, muster up the courage to get out there even if they **** up, let em know even the greats muck up,
    But it’s like Pokemon, gotta get em all, they’re running around inside my brain,
    I’ll catch em, get up on that stage and start to amaze the crowd, leave em in a daze,
    Cause once I put pen to paper, there’s no way to even save the children when I say the **** I always wished someone was gonna say to me, **** setting the lyrical phaser to stun, I don’t wanna come back later to finish the job, I just pray the end might finally appear before my eyes, but it’s like no matter how hard I try to find a way to escape I just see another dead end and have to turn back, It seems like when I do that, I don’t just turn on the path, I leave a little bit of me behind, it feels like it’s always too late when I realise, that no matter how hard I try to win this fight it’s like I’m Jekyll and Hyde cause deep on the inside I’ve got this guy with an evil side,
    I guess that’s why once I get on the track I’m a sick, sadistic, twisted son of a ***** with animal instincts making me fire the lyrical ballistics with my vindictive linguistics, the reason I never stop ripping it up, not givin it up, gonna keep livin it up, see another verse and I’ve written it up, but honestly who cares about this lyrical curse to produce these miracle words to create these biblical works and put em out in front of the world, get em out in the air and kill it so bad it’s driving it’s own hearse,
    Once they’re all out I feel dead, guess the paint’s red, but I’m still a missionary,
    I keep producing these rhymes like a lyrical uzi, got more lines trapped inside of my mind than people stuck inside of those towers when they took a plane to the side, but I’m using my music, letting it flower and utilising it to try to take the futility outta my life, so that one day I might finally make it somewhere, I know my future ain’t clear but I’m just tryna find a path, a way to get there, that’s why I keep going berserk on these beats, forming absurd flows of words that work, it’s all I know, a way to cope and vent this world of hurt that’s stuck inside of my head, maybe at the end you lot might look at rhymes like a success, my only achievement, but the truth it was all just an attempt to prevent the inevitable moment of me going insane,
    I ain’t chasing the fame, I’m tryna vent and entertain and maybe set a fire up on the stage,
    Break free of the chains and restraints that encase me inside of my crazed cran-
    ium, but this ain’t no playstation, you can’t just click save and say you’re safe even when you ain’t,
    It’s the real world, you gotta go out and keep fighting no matter how much you’re hurting,
    I know you just wanna sit there cursing at the world an hoping you’ll be free of this burden,
    I’ve been there, tossing and turning, screaming “THIS AIN’T FAIR!!” Wishing you weren’t there in
    This world of hurt where no one cares and they just call you girl when you lose it and tear
    Your hair out of your head, ****ing pleading for it to end, yet you try your best, but nothing happens, it’s like you’re drowning in the depths of Loch Ness, you look around to see if you can answer the Scotch quest, but there’s nothing else, just you and your mess, then you convince yourself you’re the monster and plunge into the darkness, you “realise” that the world would be better without you and start to believe you deserve to die, you couldn’t see the light even if someone shines it into your eyes, you just run to your room, hide, turn up the volume and cry, don’t even stop for sunrise,
    You start to think that the Jews in the time of the Third Reich didn’t feel this shite,
    That’s right, it gets worse than when you’re unsure which side to sleep on at night,
    It’s a curse, I pray for those days to return, my life’s just a restless haze, alright
    I’ll elaborate, it’s absurd that I can do nothing but the thing I love, but my senses are still dulled, I hate this, but I say this and then when it comes to it, what have I done? Nothing! I just keep praying that the pain’ll start fading, instead of getting up and making something of myself, need to stop giving them a reason to keep taking the piss cause I need this ****, I’m already mentally unsteady, I’m losing my mind! Laying there after last light with my eyes wide, all I can do is write, cause I got more lines stuck in my mind then there is in the nose of a Colombine, I guess in the eyes of a child that comment would enough to say “shots fired”, but in these eyes of mine that doesn’t even scrape the surface,
    About your mother****ing thoughts, cause I was taught that when I’m the only one that’s brought anything into the game and wrought all the havoc, they’ll all think you're perfect while you're questioning if it's all worth it,

Posted from TSR Mobile
    The lyrics are incredibly meaningful...
    But please don't tell me that is just ONE song...

ReputationRep:
    By
    WELCOME
    So hey guys, since most of you know I am a massive music lover and I play my own instruments and I sing too, I decided we should have a thread where us aspiring musicians and singers/bands come together to discuss our ventures and possibly collaborate on here virtually.

You can post snippets of song lyrics, videos, gain inspiration or just chat to us fellow singers and musicians. If you don't play or sing, that doesn't matter at all! You can help us maybe write a song and provide feedback for us. It's a chance for us to get to know each other and try something new out.

Regardless of your musical talents, you are welcome to join in the chat! :excited:

Every Friday, I will host a music quiz as well as fun and games during the times of 7pm-9pm.
    This is a good idea. I'm not good at playing any instruments yet so i will have to be a singer or songwriter until ive learnt to play. I also am going to be taking drum lessons soon. I get all my instruments in Cash Converters, i get really unusual musical instruments in there like my violin, Its great to get interesting stuff
    I write songs but not sure if their any good so i'd like to meet people to collaborate with and to join a band or create my own
    I just got an electric violin shaped like an S. I love it. Ive also got 3 electric guitars and one accoustic. It's so hard to even get anyone who's interested in being in a band to reply so this idea is good.
    I joined www.bandmix.co.uk
    but all the people on there are all experienced but don't bother to reply
    I want to meet people who are experienced and beginners or have no experience so its not too intimidating. Just anyone who's passionate about making their own music
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Boss_Rhythm)
    The lyrics are incredibly meaningful...
    But please don't tell me that is just ONE song...
    Basically when I get bored/emotional I write lyrics, that's an accumulation over the last year and a bit, but yes it's designed to be done in one go

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eternaforest)
    wow this is really good!
    Thanks man.

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show

find a new meaning,
    How much I traumatise,
    As absolutely fine,
    But now it feels like,
    My dreams are never met

Posted from TSR Mobile

OMG the lyrics are way, way too long. You will never be able to remember all that if you were singing it as a song. You should break it down to make 3 or 4 different songs. It's easier that way
    Does anyone worry that what they write on here other people could use it ?
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Judge Judy)
    OMG the lyrics are way, way too long. You will never be able to remember all that if you were singing it as a song. You should break it down to make 3 or 4 different songs. It's easier that way
    Does anyone worry that what they write on here other people could use it ?
    I'm no singer, I just write lyrics to vent **** out. I mean I do rap but I'm not nearly talented enough to do anything with it. All my lyrics are time stamped on Google drive anyway so I can easily prove someone's used them.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm no singer, I just write lyrics to vent **** out. I mean I do rap but I'm not nearly talented enough to do anything with it. All my lyrics are time stamped on Google drive anyway so I can easily prove someone's used them.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I forgot to add that the lyrics are brilliant but too long but you can still keep it as one long song then break them down to make 3 or 4 different songs too.
    You can write them for other people to sing as i went to the Bimm music college in Fulham for their open day in May and i went into the songwritng room where the tutor told us how to make money writing for other people, copying small bits of other people's lyrics to write with our own that nobody would know about, etc . It was really interesting
    I was interested in doing the creative musicianship course or the songwriting course
    How do you time stamp them on google drive ? maybe i will try that

You should go on Bimm ,Fulham website apply online to go to their open day then after the presentation and bands playing go in the songwriting course room. It was really good. I learnt such a lot but i was really looking for the drumming or guitar room but could not find them but i'm glad i didn't find them.
    If you go for the open day make sure you look at the paper they give you inside the book because it's got all the room numbers on it and everyone was wandering around like headless chickens because we could not find the rooms we wanted to go in because we did not look at the paper.
    Even if your not sure about joining Bimm it's still worth going to the open day and learning how to become better at writing your own songs and earning money from them in the songwriting room
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Judge Judy)
    I forgot to add that the lyrics are brilliant but too long but you can still keep it as one long song then break them down to make 3 or 4 different songs too.
    You can write them for other people to sing as i went to the Bimm music college in Fulham for their open day in May and i went into the songwritng room where the tutor told us how to make money writing for other people, copying small bits of other people's lyrics to write with our own that nobody would know about, etc . It was really interesting
    I was interested in doing the creative musicianship course or the songwriting course
    How do you time stamp them on google drive ? maybe i will try that

You should go on Bimm ,Fulham website apply online to go to their open day then after the presentation and bands playing go in the songwriting course room. It was really good. I learnt such a lot but i was really looking for the drumming or guitar room but could not find them but i'm glad i didn't find them.
    If you go for the open day make sure you look at the paper they give you inside the book because it's got all the room numbers on it and everyone was wandering around like headless chickens because we could not find the rooms we wanted to go in because we did not look at the paper.
    Even if your not sure about joining Bimm it's still worth going to the open day and learning how to become better at writing your own songs and earning money from them in the songwriting room
    It time stamps automatically - it's part of the metadata in every file you create.

That sounds interesting I shall try to get to an open day

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 31, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
    Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.