Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016 Watch

Announcements
  • View Poll Results: What grades are you expecting on results day?
    A*A*A* (A2 only)
    5.80%
    A*A*A (A2 only)
    5.11%
    A*AA (A2 only)
    8.61%
    AAA
    10.88%
    AAB
    14.14%
    ABB
    12.30%
    BBB
    5.44%
    BBC
    6.16%
    BCC
    5.05%
    CCC
    1.75%
    CCD
    4.08%
    A*AB (A2 only)
    4.86%
    A*BB (A2 only)
    1.42%
    ABC
    5.89%
    ACC
    1.48%
    Other
    7.04%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aph)
    Yeah I imagine you would. 40-50 years of results day stress.
    I'm not sure how it works but I thought resulte are sent by student and not by subject.
    Results are sent to schools by exam boards electronically in computer-readable format. Schools load these results into their own databases which are used to generate and print the Statement of Results for each student. The school's software will also be able to generate a list of results by subject for use by teachers, as well as determine more general statistics (e.g. overall pass rate, number of students gaining each grade).

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    nearly 20 days away

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aph)
    Well when you do, do let us know. I'd be fascinated to find out!!
    Results day is too close but at the same time too far away
    I know right ; the wait is killing meeeee and I won't believe it when it actually arrives ; gonna feel a bit surreal I think

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CaitlinN15)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    nearly 20 days away

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm fine honestly

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marioman)
    Results are sent to schools by exam boards electronically in computer-readable format. Schools load these results into their own databases which are used to generate and print the Statement of Results for each student. The school's software will also be able to generate a list of results by subject for use by teachers, as well as determine more general statistics (e.g. overall pass rate, number of students gaining each grade).
    Ohh I always thought schools manually created each pupil's results slip so I always worried about them making a typo and it being wrong but I guess your saying this won't happen as it's all electronic ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fefssdf)
    I'm fine honestly
    Same...don't worry about it...:facepalm: 😂😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Same...don't worry about it...:facepalm: 😂😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Oh trust me I will worry till it's the 18th and I've opened that envelope
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    I always thought that results were mailed by courier (to protect from hacking?) so that's interesting.
    I know right ; the wait is killing meeeee and I won't believe it when it actually arrives ; gonna feel a bit surreal I think
    I guess that'd good, if you fail that is so you'll have a delayed panic attack?

ReputationRep:
    Oh trust me I will worry till it's the 18th and I've opened that envelope
    At least you get an envelope. . I get my results by text and it literally just says it like this for example

Name: Caitlin AAB

Not nice :///

Then I go onto online moodle and view all modules grades etc etc

My 18th is on the 20th and if it's bad grades then idk what I'll do 😂😂

Spoiler:
    Show
    I don't care,
    No really I do

I'll just get drunk regardless 😂😂😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Ohh I always thought schools manitallt crested each pupil's results slip so I always worried about them making a typo and it being wrong but I guess your saying this won't happen as it's all electronic ?
    (Original post by Aph)
    I always thought that results were mailed by courier (to protect from hacking?) so that's interesting.
    It's all electronic. In the case of my old secondary school, it involved the Exams Officer staying up until 00:01 the day before results day to start the download of the results data on her laptop. Then, off to work in the morning in order to spend several hours printing results slips, putting them into envelopes, and extracting the overall results statistics to be shared with the headteacher/senior management. Then back into school the next morning to actually hand the envelopes out to students.

The actual transfer of results data is secure, and any school which leaks results to students before 06:00 on the actual results day risks losing their ability to get the results early in the future, meaning that you would have to wait even longer to actually open your envelope.

ReputationRep:
    I just read this article, and I've tried to start a thread on it, but I can't.
    Check it out:
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ons-early.html

ReputationRep:
    At least you get an envelope. . I get my results by text and it literally just says it like this for example

Name: Caitlin AAB

Not nice :///

Then I go onto online moodle and view all modules grades etc etc

My 18th is on the 20th and if it's bad grades then idk what I'll do 😂😂
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I don't care,
    No really I do

I'll just get drunk regardless 😂😂😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Oh wow that deep !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by S1939)
    Check it out:
    Is this the girl from TSR ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by S1939)
    Check it out:
    How has that even managed to happen? The student should have sat the exam early and then been placed in isolation with an invigilator until they sat their next exam. It's entirely the individuals fault who sent the answers (how daft can you be) so I don't believe this girl should be penalised at all

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Is this the girl from TSR ?
    Yeah. She joined a whatapp group for A level Sociology
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    It's all electronic. In the case of my old secondary school, it involved the Exams Officer staying up until 00:01 the day before results day to start the download of the results data on her laptop. Then, off to work in the morning in order to spend several hours printing results slips, putting them into envelopes, and extracting the overall results statistics to be shared with the headteacher/senior management. Then back into school the next morning to actually hand the envelopes out to students.

The actual transfer of results data is secure, and any school which leaks results to students before 06:00 on the actual results day risks losing their ability to get the results early in the future, meaning that you would have to wait even longer to actually open your envelope.
    Has any school/university actually lost early results before?
    And that's a very interesting (and labour intensive) prosess.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sacred Ground)
    How has that even managed to happen? The student should have sat the exam early and then been placed in isolation with an invigilator until they sat their next exam. It's entirely the individuals fault who sent the answers (how daft can you be) so I don't believe this girl should be penalised at all

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Exactly! Yet, it's important to note whether group members had planned it. If she was penalised, it would only be fair if all the other members were penalised as well?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sacred Ground)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I agree as she didn't expect to go on to the group chat to see people leaking questions !! And yes it is true that if you've sat an exam earlier then you're meant to be supervised at all times till everyone else has done the exam so how this person managed to get their phone out and leak the questions idk , and also why would you want to give others an advantage as it won't help you out at all

ReputationRep:
    On results day, I'm either going to be crying in bed all day and refusing to leave the house for a week, or going out to the pub with friends. Shame only me and one other person of my main friendship group actually went to a sixth form... Lucky college kids, they don't have to deal with A level results.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by S1939)
    Check it out:
    Clearly the school of the leaker failed (although he shouldn't have sat the exam early but late and then been kept in isolation over night if nessesary.)
    She should just be made to resit IMO and this seems heavy handed.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.