Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Official GCSE Results Day 2016 Thread (TODAY!) watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by surina16)
    Just heard OCR A Level GBs are really high.... let's hope this isn't the same for GCSEs (only do Computing but know a lot of you do OCR Sciences)
    Bloody hope not, maths history and re for me.

ReputationRep:
    please somebody attempt answering this question. there is an infinite number of ways to answer it but only 1 way makes it very very easy and very very awesome.

Let A and B be positive integers such that AB+1 divides A²+B² show that
    A²+B²
    AB+1
    is the square of an integer.

ReputationRep:
    Taran001 - Just like the A-Level Grade Boundaries thread..I also think there's one for GCSEs so they will be posted on TSR as soon as they are released for us to see.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PHD2027)
    please somebody attempt answering this question. there is an infinite number of ways to answer it but only 1 way makes it very very easy and very very awesome.

A²+B²
    AB+1
    don't know what you're on about mate

ReputationRep:
    don't know what you're on about mate
    do you not know how to start the question? Do you not understand what I have written pre-question or do you not know the answer of the question.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    though I should warn you , that it could take more than 6 hours to complete.

ReputationRep:
    Just heard OCR A Level GBs are really high.... let's hope this isn't the same for GCSEs (only do Computing but know a lot of you do OCR Sciences)
    Any news on edexcel ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Grade boundaries for new spec AS Biology and AS Physics are surprisingly low.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FAO_26)
    In year 9&10 I did early entry for 8 GCSEs and I achieved:

Statistics- A* (1)
    RE-A* (2)
    English Language- A (3)
    French- A* (4)
    Core Science- A (5)
    Additional science-A* (6)
    >.>

ReputationRep:
    Okay the inability to sleep has begun. Aren't the next 8 days going to be fun?

Edit: I'm a poet and I didn't know it

ReputationRep:
    Oh boy I'm so excited!
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Said no one. ever.

ReputationRep:

A²+B²
    AB+1
    Let A be 0 and B be 1

(0x0)+(1x1)/(0x1)+1=
    0+1/0+1=
    1/1=
    1 squared is 1
    Is this right?

ReputationRep:

A²+B²
    AB+1
    Could you phrase the question more clearly?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    2 days until moving house
    8 days until exam results
    Things move too quick and others go to slow

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ExoIceCream99)
    2 days until moving house
    8 days until exam results
    Things move too quick and others go to slow
    The next week is going to drag :P

ReputationRep:
    Not all OCR A level GBs are high. I did ICT AS with OCR. 75/120 for an A (normally nearer 90).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chloechurcher)
    Good luck, wishing you the best and hope you get what you're expecting!! I'm expecting A's and B's and hopefully A*'s in my sciences, although I think it may be a C for Geography because there were complications with my coursework ☹️! How come you got forced to do PE?
    Thank you and good luck to you too! I was hoping for A*s in my sciences too but after those exams I'm not so sure. Did you do aqa triple science? Oh no! What happened to your coursework? It was compulsory to do either PE or dance for gcse unless you had a medical reason not to. I'm terrible at PE I'm glad to see the back of it!

ReputationRep:
    Hoping for the best now with some Bs and one or 2 Cs (did foundation in 2 subjects). But I've had a few dreams about it where I find out I have amazing results so hopefully, it'll come true Still extremely nervous though...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DanF2000)
    Hoping for the best now with some Bs and one or 2 Cs (did foundation in 2 subjects). But I've had a few dreams about it where I find out I have amazing results so hopefully, it'll come true Still extremely nervous though...
    Hope your dreams come true!

Hi guys, I've been reading this thread since the start of summer, and I was wondering how/where/when people are going to open their results? Idk I'm just curious.

I will be grabbing my results from school, speaking to a few teachers, then I'll make my way to a nearby park/recreational ground (basically a bunch of big ass fields with pretty trees) to meet my boyfriend. I'll open them with him and because it's an isolated field, I can cry and scream and skip around and do handstands and you know, there's a river there just in case I have to drown myself.

But yeah, how is everybody opening their results?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by csutton)
    Hi guys, I've been reading this thread since the start of summer, and I was wondering how/where/when people are going to open their results? Idk I'm just curious.

I will be grabbing my results from school, speaking to a few teachers, then I'll make my way to a nearby park/recreational ground (basically a bunch of big ass fields with pretty trees) to meet my boyfriend. I'll open them with him and because it's an isolated field, I can cry and scream and skip around and do handstands and you know, there's a river there just in case I have to drown myself.

But yeah, how is everybody opening their results?
    go in, get results, avoid people asking what i've got (it's going to happen), go out, go to the tree me and my friends used to sit under during lunchtimes, open results
    i'll be opening mine with them and hopefully doing a mini celebration of some sort but i need to enroll the same day so it won't be too much

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.