Pokemon GO! Official Thread - now officially released in the UK!

Announcements
  • View Poll Results: What Pokemon Go team did you choose?
    Team Valor (Red)
    32.49%
    Team Mystic (Blue)
    46.77%
    Team Instinct (Yellow)
    20.74%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tomtjl)
    I've heard very good things, but it's iPhone only atm and the website doesn't work anymore, so I've not had a chance to use it :/.
    Ah that explains why I couldn't find it on Google play store..

Managed to finally edge to level 23 (and boosted my Lapras past 2k now).

Hatched a Hitmonchan from my 10k egg. Is a Snorlax too much to ask for?

Got 150 coins again (somehow been able to take 2 gyms in quick succession a day for the past week). I think I'll go for another egg incubator since I've still got 2 lucky eggs. Need another 20 evolutions before I can make a jump!

ReputationRep:
    Ok... Why is it this is the second dratini I have ever found and I planned on going out later today to find some Pokemon anyway?! DX

Damn you Radar Go... Reminding me what I don't have but want... =(

Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1472795291.452642.jpg
Views: 104
Size:  74.1 KB

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Ugh so now I've seen a wild Magmar, Vaporeon and Mr Mime but each time I've tried to click them to try and catch, I get an error message and those pokemon disappear from the map.

FML

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zerforax)
    Ugh so now I've seen a wild Magmar, Vaporeon and Mr Mime but each time I've tried to click them to try and catch, I get an error message and those pokemon disappear from the map.

FML
    That happens semi-regularly to me.
    I just close and reopen the app. And they then appear again. =)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scienceisgood)
    That happens semi-regularly to me.
    I just close and reopen the app. And they then appear again. =)
    Damn didn't even think of that. I just assumed I saw them at the last second before the spawn time expired and so the clicking resulted in an error.

Ugh slowly crawling towards using my next lucky egg. On around 53 evolutions but want 12 more!

ReputationRep:
    Omg... Seen this forever and thought I'd try it today but turns out it is a BA building and I'm not allowed in unless I'm an employee...

Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1472821493.120581.jpg
Views: 97
Size:  130.5 KB

Missed out on so many Pokestops... =(

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Ok, finally about to run out of 5k eggs now.
    All my eggs (except the one in incubator) are in the screenshot and am happy with that lot. Might even be able to get through half of them tomorrow. =D

Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1472833910.608136.jpg
Views: 103
Size:  50.0 KB

Hoping for a few starters out of the lot of em. =D

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Ok, finally about to run out of 5k eggs now.
    All my eggs (except the one in incubator) are in the screenshot and am happy with that lot. Might even be able to get through half of them tomorrow. =D

Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1472833910.608136.jpg
Views: 103
Size:  50.0 KB

Hoping for a few starters out of the lot of em. =D

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Nice! I've had between 6-8 5k eggs for ages now

About to break my other incubator in a few km so might buy another one.. up to 190 coins again. I've found 4 gyms near where I live and I can usually take and hold 2 of them to collect coins.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zerforax)
    Nice! I've had between 6-8 5k eggs for ages now

About to break my other incubator in a few km so might buy another one.. up to 190 coins again. I've found 4 gyms near where I live and I can usually take and hold 2 of them to collect coins.
    Ok managed to hatch a couple of eggs and am 8/10k towards the 10k egg. Hatched a Vulpix and a Drowzee today.

The rain put a stop to my planned hike... Typical how when I want to walk, the first time it rains like this in MONTHS...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Also managed to catch a couple of squirtles and a 930CP Jynx. =)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Guys is it just me or are Great Balls and Ultra Balls rare as ****? I'm always getting spammed with normal balls, potions and revives

I rarely ever get them and it annoys me because I hardly get more than 20 Ultra balls at one time since I usually bump into rare pokemon so I use them up. But even then, I'd probably only get an ultra ball like once every 20 pokestops? I know they're good items but surely the rates can't be that bad

ReputationRep:
    Ok managed to hatch a couple of eggs and am 8/10k towards the 10k egg. Hatched a Vulpix and a Drowzee today.
    The rain put a stop to my planned hike... Typical how when I want to walk, the first time it rains like this in MONTHS...
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    i need your vulpix
    how many km was the egg that hatched it? Decent cp or nah?

(Original post by UWS)
    Guys is it just me or are Great Balls and Ultra Balls rare as ****? I'm always getting spammed with normal balls, potions and revives

I rarely ever get them and it annoys me because I hardly get more than 20 Ultra balls at one time since I usually bump into rare pokemon so I use them up. But even then, I'd probably only get an ultra ball like once every 20 pokestops? I know they're good items but surely the rates can't be that bad
    Literally the same as you
    fkn pessed me right off

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UWS)

I think that's kinda the point?
    Did watch a vid and a guy said once he reached level 30, he started getting more great balls than pokeballs?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CheeseIsVeg)
    i need your vulpix
    how many km was the egg that hatched it? Decent cp or nah?

Literally the same as you
    fkn pessed me right off
    Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1472930436.636075.jpg
Views: 90
Size:  70.1 KB

Got from a 5k egg. Only ever had 2 vulpix and both from 5k eggs. =)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1472930436.636075.jpg
Views: 90
Size:  70.1 KB

Got from a 5k egg. Only ever had 2 vulpix and both from 5k eggs. =)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    sick bruh
    yay gives me some hope
    ngl but my luck with eggs isn't too great, all the ones i have atm are 5's or 2's
    i have 1 10km one which hatched into a fakin pidgey
    i nearly rage dropped my phone when that happend
    the only other pokemon i hatched recently from eggs were weedles and one ryhorn which was decent

ReputationRep:
    Hatched an Electabuzz.. can't decide if I should power it just so I have a half decent electric type to help against all those water types in gyms..

ReputationRep:
    I swear to god if this comes out as an Eevee, I'm not gonna be happy... Or even worse an Onyx, at least an Eevee has a use...

Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1472982069.016986.jpg
Views: 66
Size:  46.1 KB

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Got myself a Raichu yesterday. There's a Pikachu nest not far from where I live.

ReputationRep:
    Luck hasn't been great with 10k eggs. Got 2 dratini's ( We have spawners, I think near our place since there's lots of them). The only good one is Electabuzz. And then I got trolled by a Jynx. To be fair, I kinda stopped playing the game now since by interest has dwindled.

ReputationRep:
    Ok, 10k egg hatched and got this.

Attachment 577864

Could have been A LOT better then again, could have been worse...

Oh yeah, have a Jynx nest in my area...

Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1473010314.920813.jpg
Views: 52
Size:  116.7 KB

Why couldn't it be something useful like a dratini nest or a starter nest...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: January 17, 2017
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Today on TSR
Poll
Would you prefer to be told about sex by your:
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.