Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, we figured as much when they released the programmes airing the same week as it's broadcasting in America/Canada, and Torchwood wasn't on the list.

ReputationRep:
    I swear I saw Jack and Gwen on the front cover of last weeks Radio Times.......I really thought that we would get the new series either first or at least at the same time as the Americans!!

Damn........Captain Jack .....*goes off to swoon somewhere *

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, well, they did pay for most of it.

ReputationRep:
    The BBC are going to get terrible viewing figures for it though. Delaying it by even a day (and they're delaying it by a lot more) means that a vast majority of the fanbase will find other means to watch it. So I'm guessing they don't care.
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    'Torchwood' UK airdate confirmed by BBC - July 14th :beard:

ReputationRep:
    I severely dislike the fact that the US are getting Torchwood before us.
    Its OUR drama, OUR BRITISH DRAMA, not the stinky US's drama. (Alright I know Starz put money into it, but it should never have been up for discussion. EVER.)
    I am also quite scared I'm not going to like it. The last series was not the same without Tosh or Owen, and I actually can't imagine it without Ianto. Maybe I just live in the past but meh

ReputationRep:
    Starz put the majority of the money in to it, apparently. Canada also get it first (which is reasonable considering it's on the same continent). You should only be angry that Australia is getting it before us.

ReputationRep:
    I don't see the anger about it being released elsewhere first.

ReputationRep:
    Did i see the advert right? Torchwood season 4!? ._.

ReputationRep:
    Well it is the fourth series.

ReputationRep:
    Teasers for the first episode from Digital Spy. My comments in Bold.

Spoiler:
    Show
    There’s a cheeky reference to a deceased former Torchwood member (and no, it’s not Ianto). I'm going to say either Suzie or Owen, since they both cheated death in some way.
    The chief villains from Torchwood: Children of Earth also get a mention, in a roundabout sort of way.
    “The Founding Fathers had me in mind when they wrote the Constitution, don’t you think?”Something to do with guns, I imagine
    At one point, Rex makes a less than graceful escape.
    “She should have run faster.”Someone dies, I guess.
    A certain drug familiar to Torchwood fans is utilised once again. Retcon, I guess.
    “First sign of trouble, you go running off with Captain Jack B*llocks.”
    Wales is the British equivalent of New Jersey.
    “I’ve got to *** for this ******?!”
    After lurking in the shadows for a while, Captain Jack makes a suitably heroic return.

Source: Doctor Who TV http://doctorwhotv.co.uk/news/#ixzz1RAXouJkP

ReputationRep:
    Just watching the last couple of episodes of the first series of Torchwood.

How many are there? 2 proper ones then Children of Earth?

Also, when does the new one start? And is that a full feries or similar to CoE?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mess.)
    Just watching the last couple of episodes of the first series of Torchwood.

How many are there? 2 proper ones then Children of Earth?

Also, when does the new one start? And is that a full feries or similar to CoE?
    It starts this Friday in America, Saturday in Canada and Australia, and a week from Thursday in the UK.

It's a 10 episode serial - so more like Children of Earth but longer and playing out over 10 weeks, instead of one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LastLordofTime)
    It starts this Friday in America, Saturday in Canada and Australia, and a week from Thursday in the UK.

It's a 10 episode serial - so more like Children of Earth but longer and playing out over 10 weeks, instead of one.
    I really, really enjoyed CoE so I shall look forward to the new one

This first series of Torchwood is not as bad as I thought when I originally saw one of the episodes. The Welsh and gay thing is still a bit annoying though if I am honest.

ReputationRep:
    T minus twelve hours

ReputationRep:
    I'm so excited
    I'm preparing myself for massive emotional draining though. After the series 2 finale I thought 'this can't get much sadder' but I was bawling my eyes out all the way through Children of Earth.

ReputationRep:
    One thing i dont get. At the end of CoE didnt Jack say he wasnt coming back. And wasnt gwen pregnant. So why is Jack back and why is Gwen fighting aliens again? Not that im complaining just wondering

ReputationRep:
    WOW, I didnt know Torchwood was starting up again, I thought the 5-part mini series about the children was the last. Also does anyone know what happened to Owen, I cant quite remember.

So excited!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by torchwood)
    WOW, I didnt know Torchwood was starting up again, I thought the 5-part mini series about the children was the last. Also does anyone know what happened to Owen, I cant quite remember.

So excited!!!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H0xiOWZmYlo

(Original post by humy369)
    One thing i dont get. At the end of CoE didnt Jack say he wasnt coming back. And wasnt gwen pregnant. So why is Jack back and why is Gwen fighting aliens again? Not that im complaining just wondering
    Jack would never really leave for too long - I'm guessing The Doctor's little visit to him during the last hours of his tenth incarnation probably spurred him to return. He probably has a love of Earth anyway, much like The Doctor. And Gwen gave birth - what better reason to fight of an alien threat than to protect your child? She has Rhys anyway, who is probably a house husband :P

ReputationRep:
    I can't believe I have to wait 6 days, I'm like the biggest Torchwood fan ever! :-(

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.