University of Cambridge Freshers Megathread 2016

University Navigation

Announcements Posted on

ReputationRep:
    If I was that other cow, I'd be annoyed Google had not respected my privacy in the way they had my mate's.

(Original post by Zacken)
    A spokesman for Google said: "We thought you were pulling the udder one when we herd the moos, but it's clear that our automatic face-blurring technology has been a little overzealous.

God, I love Google.
    :lol:
    (Original post by 16Characters....)
    If I was that other cow, I'd be annoyed Google had not respected my privacy in the way they had my mate's.
    I'd take it as a compliment ygm, I mean the other cow's face was blurred for a reason....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Serine Soul)
    I'd take it as a compliment ygm, I mean the other cow's face was blurred for a reason....
    Like we call other people 'cows' when they're ugly, they call other cow's 'humans' when they're ugly

Like we call other people 'cows' when they're ugly, they call other cow's 'humans' when they're ugly
    'ugh look at that fat human, grazing like that'

ReputationRep:

Wow, that's pretty nasty Google.

Wow, that's pretty nasty Google.
    Only nasty people like me think in nasty ways like that

I'm gonna miss my brother so much

ReputationRep:
    Only nasty people like me think in nasty ways like that
    Google want to hire you.

Sincere or sarcastic?

ReputationRep:
    Ahhh, I'm sure he'll miss you too! And Skype's a thing! Cambridge term's are short anywho, and they'll go by so fast 'cause of all the fun and work so you'll be seeing him before you even know it :woo:

'ugh look at that fat human, grazing like that'
    https://www.facebook.com/uniladmag/v..._id=2392950137

ReputationRep:
    why am I pulling all nighters i'm not even at uni yet

why am I pulling all nighters i'm not even at uni yet
    probably not the best thing to do at uni too

ReputationRep:
    Was thinking of asking you how your little brother's doing.
    Is he toddling around now? How does he call you?

Sincere or sarcastic?
    She has a little baby brother.
    Way too young to be annoying.......yet.

ReputationRep:
    I'm trying to look up how to structure essays in written exams at Cambridge. Every resource I find seems to be for typed essays that say you should include a bibliography, references, thesis, etc. As far as I know, for my subject (Land economy) we just do written timed exams.

Do you still need to include this type of stuff for even written exams? Or are they like A-level essays where you just have an introduction, arguments and conclusion?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ccfctom)
    I'm trying to look up how to structure essays in written exams at Cambridge. Every resource I find seems to be for typed essays that say you should include a bibliography, references, thesis, etc. As far as I know, for my subject (Land economy) we just do written timed exams.

Do you still need to include this type of stuff for even written exams? Or are they like A-level essays where you just have an introduction, arguments and conclusion?
    There's a box in lower part of the page where you can ask a question to current students.

https://www.applytocambridge.com/courses/land-economy

ReputationRep:
    Do you get lecture notes? or textbooks? how does everyone revise and go over topics?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RThornton)
    Do you get lecture notes? or textbooks? how does everyone revise and go over topics?
    Depends on the course. Most use lecture notes though. Most people also take their own notes, even if lecture notes are available. Use those + past papers + revision supervisions to revise.

ReputationRep:
    Some lecturers hand out lecture notes.Textbook, very rarely.
    It'd all depend on courses/papers and individual lecturer, though.

check this site, it's full of really good info and link to page you can ask current students & facebook/twitter page for each course, also run by current students and the department.

https://www.applytocambridge.com/

And this.
    http://www.freshers.cusu.co.uk/studying/

ReputationRep:
    Just to add.....

Your JCR will try to match you with college parents who are in the best (as they can) position to support you, so one of them is likely to be on the same or a similar course to yours.
    So you can ask them these questions, too, when you meet them....or if they have already contacted you, you can ask them now. That's they're there for.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vincrows)
    She has a little baby brother.
    Way too young to be annoying.......yet.
    Aww, I thought he was going to be an annoying teenage brother she might claim to be glad to leave.

She's going to have to fire up Skype often, and maybe she will be lucky enough to get a visit.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: November 26, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
How are you feeling about doing A-levels?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.