The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

*pink_sapphires*
I'm sleeeeeepy. Been watching music channels. Saw a video with a plane in and got upset. How pathetic! I want to drive but Mum won't let me :frown:

Bored now. Anyone fancy a chat? x

Hi Liz, I'm around if you want to chat :smile:
How are you Jonathan? I'm really hungry :frown:
I'm ok at the moment. Not much going on for me now to be honest. :s-smilie:
Hey Jonathan, Hi Liz. Hope your ok today :hugs:
and hope everyone else is ok :hugs:

Im at my dads tonight so i cant spend all night on the computer lol :/ but hopefully i will be around later :smile:
Anyone spoken to Becki recently?
Hi. I've been considering joining this society for a while, and today I just really really need to talk to someone who understands and I can't talk to anyone else, so I thought I'd butt in here if that's okay.

I've had depression, anxiety and anger management problems (apparently - I personally think the ang. man. was a misdiagnosis!) for three years now. I was on meds and counselling for quite a while and it seemed to get better so I was taken off both - but now it's all got bad again, I've started SH again and it's all going to hell. And I can't even talk to anyone because I came THIS close to losing every friend I had last time, there is no way I can put them through all that again; so I'm trying to do this on my own and it's harder than I expected.
I've been to the doctor's and she put me back on Fluoxetine, but it hasn't had time to take effect yet. I've just been for a follow-up appt today and to be honest I just feel like crap. I always seem to get it in my head that once I see the doctor, everything will be magically better because I'm making positive steps and getting help - but nothing's changed, in fact I feel worse and I don't really feel like I can cope.
Not Invented Yet
Hi. I've been considering joining this society for a while, and today I just really really need to talk to someone who understands and I can't talk to anyone else, so I thought I'd butt in here if that's okay.

I've had depression, anxiety and anger management problems (apparently - I personally think the ang. man. was a misdiagnosis!) for three years now. I was on meds and counselling for quite a while and it seemed to get better so I was taken off both - but now it's all got bad again, I've started SH again and it's all going to hell. And I can't even talk to anyone because I came THIS close to losing every friend I had last time, there is no way I can put them through all that again; so I'm trying to do this on my own and it's harder than I expected.
I've been to the doctor's and she put me back on Fluoxetine, but it hasn't had time to take effect yet. I've just been for a follow-up appt today and to be honest I just feel like crap. I always seem to get it in my head that once I see the doctor, everything will be magically better because I'm making positive steps and getting help - but nothing's changed, in fact I feel worse and I don't really feel like I can cope.

Of course it's okay, we're always here to help, if we can. You're completely welcome to vent here; chances are, a lot of us will understand what you're going through. I'm sorry you're having a tough time at the moment. I know just how hard it is to try and make it on your own, especially when it seems like no one else in the world understands. I'm here if you want to chat, or PM me :hugs:

Oh yeah, I'm Hannah, by the by :smile:
upturnedpalms

I think she's away at the moment.

How are you today Hannah? :smile:
jonathan122
I think she's away at the moment.

How are you today Hannah? :smile:

Mmm, yeah, at camp or something I think, but I texted her and got no reply so I just wondered... still, she might not have her mobile on her.

I'm... I don't want to talk about me. How are you? :hugs:
I'm ok :indiff:

Hope everything's ok for you :hugs:
I'm Charley - thanks for being welcoming. :smile:
Hi Charley. :smile:
Not Invented Yet

Hi there. :smile:

:hugs: it can feel like that I see where you're coming from but it's great you've been to see the doctor, you've taken the first step and that's good. Although you're not instantly better, you're now on the path there and that's one step closer to being better. Fluoxetine can, initially, make you feel worse, did you tell the doctor that today, and does take a while to start working as you probably know. Have you been referred back to counselling, if not maybe that's a step you could take? You don't have to go through it alone, us lot here are in much the same boat and I know, for me at least, it really helps having this society and people around who do know how I'm feeling, I hope it helps you too.

No Upturnedpalms, haven't seen becki around in a while. I do hope she's ok.
Not Invented Yet

Hey, Im Luke. welcome :smile::smile:

I know the feeling of trying to deal with problems of this nature on your own, im doing the same. im doing my best to keep everyone around me happy its hard work.
Everyone is here to support anyone, someone is always usually around to chat

I havent heard from becki for a while now...i hope she is alright.

Hope everyone is ok, Liz, hannah, Jonathan, Sabertooth, Laus, Siti, Sloth and everyone else...sorry if ive missed you off :hugs:
upturnedpalms

She was texting me when I was upset over the weekend. She's in France though so it's costing her quite a bit to text the UK so she's limiting her texts.
Oh god, i'm such a rubbish person! I'm so upset over the boy leaving that I can't even read all your posts properly :redface:

Right, I'm going to keep this short!

Hi Charley, welcome to the soc. You are more than welcome here :smile: I was on fluoxetine. Took couple of weeks to work but it made me a lot better. Shame I'm not on it anymore :frown: If it's not making you feel better, get your GP to change it. You've been through so much and I'm 100% sure you can pull through this, especially with the help from everyone here - they are AMAZING. Don't give up hun :hugs: We're all here for you.

Hannah, as per usual, PM box is open if you do want to chat, just not on the forum :hugs: Hope you're ok sweetie.

B+M - how was the library :hugs:
Sabertooth
Hi there. :smile:

:hugs: it can feel like that I see where you're coming from but it's great you've been to see the doctor, you've taken the first step and that's good. Although you're not instantly better, you're now on the path there and that's one step closer to being better. Fluoxetine can, initially, make you feel worse, did you tell the doctor that today, and does take a while to start working as you probably know. Have you been referred back to counselling, if not maybe that's a step you could take? You don't have to go through it alone, us lot here are in much the same boat and I know, for me at least, it really helps having this society and people around who do know how I'm feeling, I hope it helps you too.

I don't think my GP thinks I'm severe enough to be referred back to the counsellor - unfortunately this is because I find it very difficult to express how I'm feeling out loud so she actually has no idea of quite how bad I feel. I almost feel like I can't actively ask her to refer me, because counselling is something I always felt forced into so I hate to admit that I actually want it - but I kind of do. Maybe I will speak to her about it at my next check-up.

In the hour or so since my last post I have cut again (sorry if that's TMI, but I needed to get it off my chest). I actually ended up on the Samaritans website because I'm so desperate for some help. But because I find it so hard to express myself, I feel like the only way people will know what I'm going through and how difficult I'm finding it is if they can see a physical sign of it, like scars. I suppose that is actually the definition of attention seeking... I feel like a little emo drama queen. I've never been really suicidal before, but right now I feel like an attempt is the only way that I can show people how much I need them to help me. But I'm not going to do that because I can't put my parents and my little sister through that kind of distress.

I hate myself.

Sorry for the downer. What a good first impression I am making. I'm not always like this.
......... Why am I such a bad friend to everyone? I dont deserve to know you wonderful people :cry:
Reply 1558
Hi everyone. Sorry I haven't been around. I was on camp last week and then went to Blackpool for a couple of days and just got back. Sorry if I worried anyone. :hugs: for all xxx

(Liz, it wasn't me who was in France or texting you but I'm sorry to hear you weren't feeling too good, I wish I did help! :hugs:)
Reply 1559
Siti, you're not a bad friend at all :hugs: xxx

Latest