Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Captain Crash)
    Carpentry is dull.

What's the difference between a rhino and an orthopod?

Spoiler:
    Show

One is a clumsy brute with thick skin who charges a lot, the other's an African mammal.

How many orthopods does it take to change a lightbulb?

Spoiler:
    Show

Just one, who writes a referral to the medics - '?darkness ?cause'

:rofl: The rhino one is new to me. "What's a double blind study? - Two orthopods looking at an ecg" is my favourite, esp after I heard a consultant say to the FY1 "don't ask me what that shows, I can't even spell ecg". :facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wangers)
    Injuries to knee hip hand, joint pathology and atheritis(es)
    Hands are boring and complicated (and plastics do them anyway, so why bother?) but hips and knees are awesome! Have you not seen all the videos of twisting/bending injuries to knees??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wangers)
    I love diagnosis by catchphrase.

A bangadeshi man, fevers, sweats...
    20 year old male known to be HIV+ has CXR showing bilateral consolidation, low O2 and is very unwell - diagnosis and treatment
    Teenager found collasped with peardrops of breath, diagnose and treat
    Lady with previous history of itchy eye comes to GP with headache, change in conscious state and abnormal pupils

(slightly made up, no people were harmed in the learning process)...
    My favourite line from a prejudice-based medicine question is:

A 32 year old single male dancer presents with extensive furring of the tongue with pain and difficulty swallowing. What diagnostic test would you do?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by visesh)
    My favourite line from a prejudice-based medicine question is:

A 32 year old single male dancer presents with extensive furring of the tongue with pain and difficulty swallowing. What diagnostic test would you do?
    does he have candida, and you do an HIV test?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Philosoraptor)
    does he have candida, and you do an HIV test?
    Correct.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by visesh)
    Correct.
    ****, so I can only diagnose where the patient is a ridiculous stereotype!
    Thanks UCL

ReputationRep:
    I'm very rarely an angry person, however I'm quite drunk and I feel the following: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...1#post30024061 is the most angry post I've made in a long, long time. I feel like hitting something.

ReputationRep:
    Ahh, the bitterness evoked by an unsuccessful. I remember that feeling

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jessaay!)
    I'm very rarely an angry person, however I'm quite drunk and I feel the following: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...1#post30024061 is the most angry post I've made in a long, long time. I feel like hitting something.
    Haters gonna hate,

ReputationRep:
    passed

ReputationRep:
    This is why alcohol is bad, kids. I think the internet should have a built in alcohol breath test.

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone access this article? Fragile X: leading the way for targeted treatments in autism. Wang LW. Berry-Kravis E. Hagerman RJ. Neurotherapeutics. 7(3):264-74, 2010 Jul.

It's another where the university claims we have access to it where in reality we don't :rolleyes:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by blonde-beth)
    passed
    Same! :five:

ReputationRep:
    I think we get our results tomorrow. That'll be funny.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Becca-Sarah)
    Is anyone else going to the General Surgery conference at UCL this weekend? (I know we discussed it weeks ago but I can't remember if anyone actually booked).

Also, any Kings or Impy students fancy showing me round on Friday? Have a few hours in the afternoon to kill and thought I'd check out where I might *touch wood* be doing an iBSc.
    Would have done, but am heading home for reading week tonight. You going to the trauma conference at Guy's this weekend?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mushi_master)
    Would have done, but am heading home for reading week tonight. You going to the trauma conference at Guy's this weekend?
    No, didn't even know it was happening!

ReputationRep:
    No, didn't even know it was happening!
    Thought you'd know of that! Is the national undergrad one:

http://kclsurgicalsoc.com/kclss/inde...id=51&Itemid=9

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jessaay!)
    This is why alcohol is bad, kids. I think the internet should have a built in alcohol breath test.
    Classic quote there 'You almost make me physically sick in terms of how much I'm glad UCL rejected you.'

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone else going to the General Surgery conference at UCL this weekend? (I know we discussed it weeks ago but I can't remember if anyone actually booked).

Also, any Kings or Impy students fancy showing me round on Friday? Have a few hours in the afternoon to kill and thought I'd check out where I might *touch wood* be doing an iBSc.
    I am free from about 3 in the afternoon if you want a little tour of main campus for a bit.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Gave IM injection number 3 today Protecting a guy from illness whilst in Egypt :proud:

And did a massive fail of a knee examination, but oh well

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.