Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I have applied to study BSc Social Policy at LSE. Received the 2 week email a few days ago. Just got another email this morning saying it would take up to 7 weeks and that they'll get in touch at the end of this period... Has anyone else been sent a similar email?

Should add that my background is odd - 22 years old, AAA A-Level 8A* 3A GCSE at a comprehensive, attended university in Edinburgh for a year on a scholarship, currently work at a news agency as a journalist. Perhaps this explains the email who knows.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theplanmancan)
    I have applied to study BSc Social Policy at LSE. Received the 2 week email a few days ago. Just got another email this morning saying it would take up to 7 weeks and that they'll get in touch at the end of this period... Has anyone else been sent a similar email?

Should add that my background is odd - 22 years old, AAA A-Level 8A* 3A GCSE at a comprehensive, attended university in Edinburgh for a year on a scholarship, currently work at a news agency as a journalist. Perhaps this explains the email who knows.
    What I'm guessing is that some courses just take longer to reply to applications. So some courses stick with 5 weeks, others with 7. I'm not sure but that is what my best guess would be!

ReputationRep:
    Okay, now I'm really confused!
    It's been a few weeks since my two weeks email and today I got one saying that my application is strong enough to be taken into further consideration blah blah, but that it would take 7 weeks.

SEVEN.

Did anyone else get 7 weeks???
    I thought it was always 5???

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meekayla)
    Okay, now I'm really confused!
    It's been a few weeks since my two weeks email and today I got one saying that my application is strong enough to be taken into further consideration blah blah, but that it would take 7 weeks.

SEVEN.

Did anyone else get 7 weeks???
    I thought it was always 5???

Posted from TSR Mobile
    What course are you applying to?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theplanmancan)

I've had the same emails on about the same time scale as you I applied for social anthropology

ReputationRep:
    Yeah just got the 7 week email as well. Applying to Government & Economics and received the two week email two weeks ago to the day.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by inklinz)
    Congrats!! When does your 5 weeks end?
    Thx! I got my 5 weeks email last Friday.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RaeLiu)
    Thx! I got my 5 weeks email last Friday.
    You got your offer really fast. It is one day over the end of my 5 weeks already. Still haven't heard anything back. Anxious * 100000000....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by snwh)
    Yeah just got the 7 week email as well. Applying to Government & Economics and received the two week email two weeks ago to the day.
    7 weeks email here as well ! Same course ! My 2 weeks email would have fallen due on Monday!

ReputationRep:
    Aaaaand just got my rejection for IR.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hello everyone, congratulations to everyone who has received the 7-week email. International applicant for law here, received 5 week email 3 weeks ago, but haven't heard from LSE ever since. I am so worried! Anyone else in similar situation? :/

ReputationRep:
    Has anybody got offers/ rejections for Government yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tlunn223)
    Aaaaand just got my rejection for IR.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    When did you apply? How far on a process were you

ReputationRep:
    Yeah just got a 7 week e-mail as well. Applied last Friday. This hints at an increase in the amount of applicants so yeah good luck everyone.

ReputationRep:
    Just got a rejection 5 weeks and a day after the 5 week email. Supposedly due to my personal statement but it seems like a template email.

Good luck to everyone!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anyap)
    When did you apply? How far on a process were you
    I sent mine in October 3 and was on exactly the last day of my five weeks.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    For some strange reason I have a feeling there will be a massive batch of offers coming out, alongside a myriad of rejections, this afternoon. On their official admissions calendar they did say their first round of offers will be made in mid-November, so I am assuming today is the big day - given the illustrious LSE Fridays. Sit tight - a few more hours to go before their office closes for the weekend! x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kanuhura)
    7 weeks email here as well ! Same course ! My 2 weeks email would have fallen due on Monday!
    Ah cool. What are your grades like?

ReputationRep:
    I am pleased to tell you that, following a thorough assessment of your application, our Admissions Selector has decided that your application is among the strongest in this admissions cycle.

When assessing a high calibre application such as yours, we need a little more time to assess you against other candidates in your cohort. This can take up to four weeks, and we will have a final decision on your application as soon as possible.

ReputationRep:
    Ok guys I was just rejected a few minutes ago. Same reason - PS not strong enough. Just wish everyone else here could get an offer! Good luck to you all!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.