Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Well you lot seemed to think it went well. Congrats! :woo:

(Original post by hendycfc)
    I did- A4 Critically examine that AMS leads to better representation than FPTP
    B5 Critically examine view that lifestyle choices are main factor preventing good health
    C8 To what extent have chinese government policies reduced social and economoc inequalities.
    C9 To what extent do ethnic minorities influence outcome of elections.
    Good questions!

What was the other Health and Wealth question?

And what was the DME on?

ReputationRep:
    IT'S OVER!!!!!!! 1 of my highers is done!!! Omg too happy, don't think I got an A, hopefully a B!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ecosse_14)
    Well you lot seemed to think it went well. Congrats! :woo:

Good questions!

What was the other Health and Wealth question?

And what was the DME on?
    To what extent have government policies reduced poverty in the UK?

and Smoking.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by hendycfc)
    To what extent have government policies reduced poverty in the UK?

and Smoking.
    Cheers :yy:

I'm glad you're all seeming very positive

ReputationRep:
    I reckon they will increase the cutoffs because it was kinda easy.

ReputationRep:
    I thought it was a pretty fair paper, although for paper 1 I didn't have time to finish my health and wealth essay... which of course equals an automatic fail for that essay...
    Paper 2 was the best DME I've ever done and I managed to get 3/3 with all the sources and BK, but I have a gut feeling my paper 2 mark will have to bring up my overall mark.
    I am desperate for an A, although I do think that if I have got it, it will be a scrape.
    Also, I don't know if it's just me but all the stats I'd learned kept on mixing with each other in my mind!

ReputationRep:
    Whooooooooooooooooooo i kept yessing at the questions in the paper 1 lmao...cause it was all the questions i wanted every single one of them! Qz were so much easier than previous years aswell awesome.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hollieeilloh)
    OH MY GODDDDD GUYS MY 4 dream questions came up!!!!!! That was sooo good! DME was fine too!! Super happy

Posted from TSR Mobile

My questions were really easy too but I thought the DME was okay...I was convinced it would be on alcohol *sigh*. So I learned lots of alcohol statistics for nothing.

ReputationRep:
    Really happy with that paper! Although I only learned backbenchers and pressure groups for decision making in central government so pretty sure I failed that essay, but on the whole I'm chuffed!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ladymarshmallow)
    I thought it was a pretty fair paper, although for paper 1 I didn't have time to finish my health and wealth essay... which of course equals an automatic fail for that essay...
    Paper 2 was the best DME I've ever done and I managed to get 3/3 with all the sources and BK, but I have a gut feeling my paper 2 mark will have to bring up my overall mark.
    I am desperate for an A, although I do think that if I have got it, it will be a scrape.
    Also, I don't know if it's just me but all the stats I'd learned kept on mixing with each other in my mind!
    Sorry to hear you about your W N H Essay! im sure your still going to get a great grade over all

which question did you pick for the W n H? topic

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JessicaLee123)
    Sorry to hear you about your W N H Essay! im sure your still going to get a great grade over all

which question did you pick for the W n H? topic
    Poverty. I started discussing WTC/CTC, winter fuel payment and the NMW but didn't get to finish after that.

ReputationRep:
    Hmm...well, I have calculated that if I get 25/30 for my DME, which I think is likely considering I got 3/3, then I would only need an average mark of 9.5 per essay to get an A at 63/90 or 70%.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ladymarshmallow)
    Poverty. I started discussing WTC/CTC, winter fuel payment and the NMW but didn't get to finish after that.
    awww thats ashame. i didnt pick that question cause i knew id waffle on and wouldnt manage through it lol.... Hope you get a good grade regardless

thats good! if you think that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amber_sss)
    IT'S OVER!!!!!!! 1 of my highers is done!!! Omg too happy, don't think I got an A, hopefully a B!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    do you think its a coincidence that that david guys teacher guessed every question correct LOL i think i better thank him if i get a good grade lol...

ReputationRep:
    Did you argue against or for the PASS proposal?

ReputationRep:
    The DME was pure magic, but the decision making in central gov question about the cabinet! aaah! also can someone help- it doesnt matter what order you answered them in the book does it? i did A4,B6,C8 then A2?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xoJennyox)
    I argued for it.
    Regarding the DME, if you have 3 solid arguments for and against, have used all the sources and BK, is a 25+ mark pretty much guaranteed (including the short Qs)?

ReputationRep:
    Hmm... AMS question was an absolute gift, so was health and wealth. Global security wasn't what I'd predicted but we wrote the same essay a few weeks back and USA, I'm pretty sure I've not answered the question!

The DME was probably the best one I've ever seen though!
    Did anyone else find the source (I think it was C4) about the ages of smokers a bit hard to fit in?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xoJennyox)
    For it! I said it would save money on the nhs budget, mentioned the success of the other smoking ban, and that passive smoking was a danger.

you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scotland_1)
    also can someone help- it doesnt matter what order you answered them in the book does it? i did A4,B6,C8 then A2?
    I'm pretty certain it doesn't- I answered them in a weird order too and our teacher's never told us not to.
    I know you don't even have to answer maths papers in order so I highly doubt they would object to modern studies!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Applying to university
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.