Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Philippa you need to verify your email address and go back to references and send request. You then pay once references have been received

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by neonlj)
    I changed my PS loads in the end, just waiting to have it proof read by my partner, but it might have strengthened it, which is only a good thing.

I just have a question about the work experience thing. Do you just put where you did it an how long? Because I've tried to add some detail on what I learned along the way, but it's now too long and I've no chance of making it shorter...
    I literally just listed my experience:

E.g
    Rainbow school, green hill road, London, Role: Teaching assistant. From Sept 2013- present.

Sugar school, green road, London. Role: learning support assistant From sept 2011- sep 2012. Total time: 12 months.

and so on. (I made up the names for this thread lol)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cutebat)
    I literally just listed my experience:

E.g
    Rainbow school, green hill road, London, Role: Teaching assistant. From Sept 2013- present.

Sugar school, green road, London. Role: learning support assistant From sept 2011- sep 2012. Total time: 12 months.

and so on. (I made up the names for this thread lol)
    Yeah, I just saw that they asked you to write about school experience in your PS rather than in that box, so I've done the same thing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by neonlj)
    Ah Crap, this is going to bugger everything up now.
    You can submit the same PS as you wrote it. It will be flagged up that you wrote it and therefore should be ignored.

ReputationRep:
    Quick question I have just submitted my application, and as I was sending off the reference requests, I saw that the referees can see the details you have provided. Does this mean they have access to your whole application? Personal statement, work experience, education etc?? Just curious, seems like personal information... especially the statement

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know why it is saying i don't have the science requirements, even though i got 2 c's in science?! X

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by andy1234567)
    They last for 3 years - you don't need to do them again
    Ahhh thank you so much - I was under the impression I did because they've raised the pass mark. Phew x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jill14)
    Quick question I have just submitted my application, and as I was sending off the reference requests, I saw that the referees can see the details you have provided. Does this mean they have access to your whole application? Personal statement, work experience, education etc?? Just curious, seems like personal information... especially the statement
    Yeah I gathered they can see everything. I doubt they are going to go over it with a fine tooth comb though. I think my first reference who has done his didn't even read it, it took him way too little time if he did!

ReputationRep:
    I see people are hurrying so much. It is not necessarily that good in my opinion because you are doing rushed work and a poor application sent early might not be too different from a good application sent late.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know what happens if one of the unis you apply for doesn't get any places allocated and can't run the course? Does that then mean that you've wasted a choice or will you be able to change it to something else?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juichiro)
    I see people are hurrying so much. It is not necessarily that good in my opinion because you are doing rushed work and a poor application sent early might not be too different from a good application sent late.
    So true! But I think the main thing is how long people have spent doing their personal statement beforehand..The rest of the application isn't really rocket science is it lol so as long as it's accurate it doesn't really matter

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    In the work experience section.. Do we have to say what our duties were? I didn't really do that.. I just wrote the school, the dates, and said I volunteered a day per in a year 2 class.. Would that be ok? I've sent it off now.. And cos it was only 20lines I couldn't fit everything on there, even without writing my main duties..

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fabay)
    In the work experience section.. Do we have to say what our duties were? I didn't really do that.. I just wrote the school, the dates, and said I volunteered a day per in a year 2 class.. Would that be ok? I've sent it off now.. And cos it was only 20lines I couldn't fit everything on there, even without writing my main duties..

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That should be fine as long as you talked a bit about what you got from it in your PS. If someone has room to briefly list main duties/tasks undertaken then that's great, do it, but if not I don't believe it's a big issue... The main purpose of the box is to show how much experience you've had in what settings.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Anybody know how to verify my email please. I have been sent a long address but it is not highlighted so I can't click it. I have spent half an hour trying to copy and paste etc but nothing works. Any ideas please?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amul1992)
    Does anyone know what happens if one of the unis you apply for doesn't get any places allocated and can't run the course? Does that then mean that you've wasted a choice or will you be able to change it to something else?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I believe you can change it to something else.

ReputationRep:
    Hi, when is everyone sending their application? I'm hoping to get it all done and dusted by Sunday!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kpwxx)
    That should be fine as long as you talked a bit about what you got from it in your PS. If someone has room to briefly list main duties/tasks undertaken then that's great, do it, but if not I don't believe it's a big issue... The main purpose of the box is to show how much experience you've had in what settings.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ok thanks. yeah I've mentioned my most recent and relevant work experience in schools so that should be ok. And I've briefly ended my PS talking about what I've gained from my work experience both inside and outside of schools and my degree.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Done and 'dusted'. :s Probably should have thought about it all a bit more considering the day I've had, but I just wanted to get it done. I couldn't see myself changing much, except maybe one of my choices as I may have shot myself in the foot with one... but we will see!

Out of curiosity, any idea what kind of email the referees receive?

Good luck everyone.

ReputationRep:
    I've submitted but I keep worrying I've done something wrong or it's not good enough, ergh I'm so nervous right now! Lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    - Is there any sort of guide about the stuff one should put in the PS for the PGCE application?

- Do we need to add our A levels qualifications? I thought the only academic requirements were a 2:1 or above degree in a relevant subject and C or above in GCSE Maths and English.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.