The Student Room Group

Leicester Medical Applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1560
Those with feb interviews heard by email or post?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1561
Original post by Zebrajess
I think you may have calculated your score wrong, unless there was some sort of extenuating circumstances? What's your ukcat and GCSEs maybe we could help work out your score. You also get bonuses for AS results so maybe you havent counted those?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by acardus
What are your stats?

gcse's: english lang B, maths A*, bio chem and physics A and extra subject A*
A levels: AABBC
A2 predictions: A*AA
UKCAT: 2850
Reply 1562
Original post by swaggy

I get 53 from that too not sure?
Reply 1563
Original post by swaggy

Eng lang - 3
Maths - 5
Bio - 4
Chem - 4
Phys - 4
extra - 5
+ 2 As at AS level (as long as one is from chem or bio)= 27

UKCAT = 28

So you've got 55 points, which is still lower than the usual score for interview. It is seeming like they have changed their pre-interview selection criteria! Congrats on the interview :smile:
Original post by k1rby
Eng lang - 3
Maths - 5
Bio - 4
Chem - 4
Phys - 4
extra - 5
+ 2 As at AS level (as long as one is from chem or bio)= 27

UKCAT = 28

So you've got 55 points, which is still lower than the usual score for interview. It is seeming like they have changed their pre-interview selection criteria! Congrats on the interview :smile:

Or perhaps they got 2/3 bonus points for extent circumstances/ going to a **** school :smile: ?
Reply 1565
Original post by Dr. Django
Or perhaps they got 2/3 bonus points for extent circumstances/ going to a **** school :smile: ?

Very possible, just the poster didn't mention that and to get extra points you have to have personally submitted evidence to Leicester when applying.

I hope your interview went well Django! Eeeek you might hear from them really soon as well :crossedf:
Original post by k1rby
Very possible, just the poster didn't mention that and to get extra points you have to have personally submitted evidence to Leicester when applying.

I hope your interview went well Django! Eeeek you might hear from them really soon as well :crossedf:

Very true! I was just speculating, although they did say that they reserved the right to alter the criteria so youre probably right!

Thanks :smile: It was a mixed bag really, I think I did really well on some but there was one station in particular that was utterly abysmal and I only answered 1 question out of about 6 so yeah :/ I'll have to wait and see what happens, I would love an early offer but to be honest I wouldn't mind even if they called me up on results day :tongue:
Hows the gapping been?
Reply 1567
Very true! I was just speculating, although they did say that they reserved the right to alter the criteria so youre probably right!

Thanks :smile: It was a mixed bag really, I think I did really well on some but there was one station in particular that was utterly abysmal and I only answered 1 question out of about 6 so yeah :/ I'll have to wait and see what happens, I would love an early offer but to be honest I wouldn't mind even if they called me up on results day :tongue:
Hows the gapping been?

Ahhh yeah, I felt the same pretty much and it turned out alright for me, so here's hoping it does for you too!

I have just finished working for 3 months (work is hard - would not recommend) and am about to go to a US boarding school for 5-6 months (through this scholarship for anyone interested) in a week then going to New Zealand for a month after that! So my gap year is going faaaar better than I could have ever hoped for, especially as I had no plans at all when I deferred :biggrin:
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by k1rby
Ahhh yeah, I felt the same pretty much and it turned out alright for me, so here's hoping it does for you too!

I have just finished working for 3 months (work is hard - would not recommend) and am about to go to a US boarding school for 5-6 months (through this scholarship for anyone interested) in a week then going to New Zealand for a month after that! So my gap year is going faaaar better than I could have ever hoped for, especially as I had no plans at all when I deferred :biggrin:

Thanks, I really hope so as Leicester is awesome :smile:

That is so sick!!! To be honest, Im really interested in taking a gap year even if I get offers as I wouldn't mind some time to travel around a bit and have a bit of a break before uni! (although Id have to work to fund it...and ive never worked before :tongue:)! Your gap year sounds amazing, particualrly the USA bit as I've always wandered what itd be like to experience American education!! Enjoy yourself :smile:
Reply 1569

That is so sick!!! To be honest, Im really interested in taking a gap year even if I get offers as I wouldn't mind some time to travel around a bit and have a bit of a break before uni! (although Id have to work to fund it...and ive never worked before :tongue:)! Your gap year sounds amazing, particualrly the USA bit as I've always wandered what itd be like to experience American education!! Enjoy yourself :smile:

I 100% recommend gap years to everyone who is self-motivated to organise stuff. It is so easy to sit at home/hang out and accomplish nothing, which would be a waste of their time. Thank youuu :smile:

I had a gap year before I came to Leicester to do Med and it was by far, the best year of my life. Quite a few of my friends who didn't take gap years, felt quite 'burnt out' early on, as they felt that they never really had a break after their A2 year. But there are also others who coped amazingly (just putting it out there)

After my year of travelling, I came back ready to work and so stoked to start. A gap year definitely allows you to appreciate it. I had my offer deferred, so I spent my entire gap year knowing I was coming to Leicester (thats probably the biggest reason I enjoyed my year aha)

Just thought I'd share that, good luck with offers!
Reply 1571
Just received an interview for february 18th and i am not a re-applicant.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1572
Original post by namunah
Just received an interview for february 18th and i am not a re-applicant.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congrats, good luck. what was your Score ?
anyone know when they start giving out the first batch of offers? :/ Has anyone emailed or contacted them?
Original post by nindeappan
anyone know when they start giving out the first batch of offers? :/ Has anyone emailed or contacted them?

They said it would be within four weeks so should be within the next couple of days...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1575
Original post by Cryinglightning
They said it would be within four weeks so should be within the next couple of days...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Tomorrow! :'(:'(

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1576
Original post by LibbyG

Posted from TSR Mobile

How do you know that it's tomorrow for sure? First batch was form 10th to seventeenth so it may be within four weeks of the final date of the first batch which could mean up to 17th of January?
Reply 1577
Original post by LibbyG

Posted from TSR Mobile

Is this confirmed by the uni Libby? :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1578
Original post by Patter
How do you know that it's tomorrow for sure? First batch was form 10th to seventeenth so it may be within four weeks of the final date of the first batch which could mean up to 17th of January?

Sorry, I thought the first batch was up to the 13th! My mistake :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1579
Original post by nindeappan

how can they give out offers if they haven't interviewed everyone/given out all interviews yet?? that is really unusual....what if people that come later score higher?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending