Turn on thread page Beta

The Football League thread II watch

ReputationRep:
    I don't know if anybody noticed but Hartlepool not only scored on the weekend (something I thought we weren't allowed to do) but won. AWAY.

ReputationRep:
    We beat the Leeds at last !!! Brilliant game and good atmosphere. Anyone go the match ?

ReputationRep:
    Only just discovered this thread, only really used SR for uni stuff. I'm a Forest fan, enjoying the sight of the Championship table right now (Four games I know).

ReputationRep:
    Too many Forest fans in here now.

Where were you all when we beat you 5-0?

ReputationRep:
    Watching it on Sky a bit peeved up until the 3-0 mark, when you begin to see the funny side of it all, and admire the football Derby were playing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IMBCFC)
    We beat the Leeds at last !!! Brilliant game and good atmosphere. Anyone go the match ?
    Credit where credit is due, you deserved it and outplayed us. It looked like smash and grab when Smith put us 1-0 up, my heart sank 3 minutes after that. The atmosphere looked fierce and incredible, we were always going to struggle with 10 men.

4th Red card of the season, Dirty Leeds at it again. I'm anticipating Hockaday will be sacked in the morning.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TornadoGR4)
    Credit where credit is due, you deserved it and outplayed us. It looked like smash and grab when Smith put us 1-0 up, my heart sank 3 minutes after that. The atmosphere looked fierce and incredible, we were always going to struggle with 10 men.

4th Red card of the season, Dirty Leeds at it again. I'm anticipating Hockaday will be sacked in the morning.
    Hockaday has quite obviously been hired as a yes man who will not protest as Cellino picks the team and buys the players. I doubt he will be going anywhere any time soon.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Midlander)
    Hockaday has quite obviously been hired as a yes man who will not protest as Cellino picks the team and buys the players. I doubt he will be going anywhere any time soon.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It's true that Hockaday is just a puppet that is 8 times cheaper than McDermott, but I still think Cellino is crazy enough to get rid of him. He revealed he was poised to sack Hockaday after the Watford defeat, but kept him on as he believed it was his own fault for not signing enough good players...well he's right on that one.

ReputationRep:
    It's true that Hockaday is just a puppet that is 8 times cheaper than McDermott, but I still think Cellino is crazy enough to get rid of him. He revealed he was poised to sack Hockaday after the Watford defeat, but kept him on as he believed it was his own fault for not signing enough good players...well he's right on that one.
    You can't expect a group of randomly assembled players under a non-league coach to gel immediately and start playing flowing football. If I were Hockaday I'd just sit back, enjoy the pay cheques and treat any success as a bonus. He can easily spin any failure as due to interference from above.

If I were a Leeds fan I'd be very concerned and having seen similar things at Coventry with a thick puppet in the shape of Andy Thorn, with justification.

ReputationRep:

Yeah the sound of the second goal for us was incredible. Flare throwing aswell . Yeah you need a new manager Hockaday has little experience at this level.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team

All those sendings off suggest that the players are trying to sabotage his job. They obviously don't respect him.

Apparently he wants to guide Leeds back to the CL :laugh: They're only heading in 1 direction with him in charge and that's League One.

ReputationRep:
    Sky seem to be picking up that Hockaday and his assistant have been sacked.

Edit; And now confirmed he's been sacked.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blackrose96)
    Sky seem to be picking up that Hockaday and his assistant have been sacked.

Edit; And now confirmed he's been sacked.
    Andy Thorn lined up to be his successor I hope.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Perfect job for Di Canio. Boy, would I love to be Hockaday right now. Seventy days work and paid off...

ReputationRep:
    Di Canio could work out really well or be total chaos, there'd be no inbetween. I feel sorry for Hockaday in the amount of abuse he's been subjected to, but on the other hand he should never have gotten anywhere near the job in the first place and he'll take a massive pay-off out of this.

ReputationRep:
    He can add 70 days of working at the largest city with one club in England to his pub team CV. Di Canio would be fireworks, Rolando Maran is favourite to be next in the hotseat with Moyes as an outside shout at 100/1.

ReputationRep:
    Leeds should've appointed an Italian manager in the first place...

(btw are Rotherham United fans allowed to sing "We **** who we want"?)

ReputationRep:
    Great win earlier to add to a great start. Pearce has had a near faultless start, long may it continue. Small matter of the East Midlands Derby next.

ReputationRep:
    The Bees win away again! We are top of the Conference. Only loss was to the manager with the jelly beans for team tactics!

ReputationRep:
    Going down to 10 men at 2-2 and still rallying to win 4-2 shows what Sannino has brought to the team. However, Oscar Garcia, linked with the managers job at Watford, was at Vicarage Road today. Surely the club can't sack the guy who has the club in seemingly good shape.

Posted from TSR Mobile

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.