Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ubi1)
    Dimitrov to win Wimbledon? Kick Noles butt in Semis and then kill daddy in the final.

Only way Rafa fans won't self destruct is if Djokovic and Federer don't win Wimby this year! :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lizzy95)
    Only way Rafa fans won't self destruct is if Djokovic and Federer don't win Wimby this year! :P
    Supporting Dimitrov now. How cool would it be if it was Dimitrov vs Krygios in the final, they would save tennis from the "big 4"

ReputationRep:
    Raonic to take this in 4.

And what is he wearing? Has he cut the sleeve off a base layer top, or is it just a single arm? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Federer very lucky today that Wawrinka began to struggle physically after the first set; I doubt that he would have won today had Stan been 100% throughout. Still, looking ahead to the semi-finals it was encouraging to see Federer's return and gound game improve as the match went on.

You've got to feel now that is the best chance he'll ever get to claim #18 with both Nadal and Murray out already.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ubi1)
    Supporting Dimitrov now. How cool would it be if it was Dimitrov vs Krygios in the final, they would save tennis from the "big 4"

Part of me wants that and another part wants a Djokovic vs Federer final, now that would be fun!!

ReputationRep:
    Raonic 2 sets to 1 up. Speeding through on serve.

ReputationRep:
    Incredible, 5-5 and Raonic has not lost a single point this set. He's served to love.

ReputationRep:
    At one point today I checked my phone and Murray had just lost, Djokovic was 2-1 down and down a break and Federer was a break down. Genuinely thought we'd lose all top 4 seeds in the space of 24h. Honestly I could see any of the 4 in the men's side getting to the final and I do feel we're going to be in for one final upset.

Could potentially end up with both Canadians in the final of their respective slams which I doubt many would have predicted.

ReputationRep:
    Just watching the highlights of Murray's match. To be honest, Dimitrov played a very good match but Murray was pretty poor, just a low energy match from him. I didn't see anything to tell me that Dimitrov is going to handle Djokovic in the same fashion. Although considering how Djokovic was taken to 5 today there's definitely an opportunity there.

ReputationRep:
    Cheers Raonic. Nice little win on a bet I made that he'd take it 3-1

ReputationRep:
    To those that have been following the women's side of the tournament, what are your thoughts on the Bouchard/Halep semi-final match? I have a small stake on Halep to win the whole tournament, but I can see Bouchard pulling an upset tomorrow. Lisicki choked it away today against Halep more than anything else.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamiepango)
    To those that have been following the women's side of the tournament, what are your thoughts on the Bouchard/Halep semi-final match? I have a small stake on Halep to win the whole tournament, but I can see Bouchard pulling an upset tomorrow. Lisicki choked it away today against Halep more than anything else.
    Not sure it would be an upset if Bouchard won, in fact I think it's about half an half on that match. Halep has become a terrific player since last year though so I wouldn't be surprised if she made her second Grand Slam final in a row. In fact, should she make it there I'd love for her to win it. I'd probably be equally happy for Bouchard to win it.

ReputationRep:
    so sad to see murray out. i think this is federer's best (and last) chance to win another wimbledon. if he can somehow pull it off, i don't see nadal beating his grand slam total.

(Original post by RyJ)
    Cheers Raonic. Nice little win on a bet I made that he'd take it 3-1
    sports betting is a mugs game and -EV long term.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sirocco11)
    Not sure it would be an upset if Bouchard won, in fact I think it's about half an half on that match. Halep has become a terrific player since last year though so I wouldn't be surprised if she made her second Grand Slam final in a row. In fact, should she make it there I'd love for her to win it. I'd probably be equally happy for Bouchard to win it.
    Yes I agree, they're fairly evenly matched, with Halep perhaps being the slightly more consistent with her groundstrokes. Bouchard has more power, and a better return of serve which could cause Halep problems, especially on her second serve.

ReputationRep:
    Djokovic needs a win against Federer at Wimbledon on his resume.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Movember)
    so sad to see murray out. i think this is federer's best (and last) chance to win another wimbledon. if he can somehow pull it off, i don't see nadal beating his grand slam total.

sports betting is a mugs game and -EV long term.
    I don't do it often. I can stop any time I like.....

Nah seriously, I've only ever done it a couple of times

ReputationRep:
    This tournament is set up perfectly for another classic Novak choke job. Question is who will he donate the slam to. :thumbsup:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xotol)
    This tournament is set up perfectly for another classic Novak choke job. Question is who will he donate the slam to. :thumbsup:

Lol! Maybe, it's just been one shock to another so anything's possible but I think it's more likely to be a Djokovic vs Federer final, if we get that it'd be 50-50 I feel but yeah that's a long way off both Dimitrov and Raonic look good

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lizzy95)
    Lol! Maybe, it's just been one shock to another so anything's possible but I think it's more likely to be a Djokovic vs Federer final, if we get that it'd be 50-50 I feel but yeah that's a long way off both Dimitrov and Raonic look good
    I couldn't agree more. Although I think that djokovic is good I feel Dimitrov will give him a hard time as he is also really good this year

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Datta10)
    I couldn't agree more. Although I think that djokovic is good I feel Dimitrov will give him a hard time as he is also really good this year

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah definitely! I doubt it'll be a straight set win for either guy, unlike Murray, Djokovic won't be easy to beat even if he's down so Dimitrov will have to work hard to keep him out of it, I think it's more important for Dimitrov to win in 3 or 4, if the match goes the distance that'd probably favour Djokovic but again I'm not betting, predicting or saying anything, way too unpredictable!!

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.