Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sulfur)
    (E)xtended (P.)roject (Q)ualification

You basically choose a title or so about something that you're passionate about, research it, write an introduction, conclusion about your study and an evaluation of your research/study. Imagine it as a very mini-thesis (about 1000-5000 words depending on what you do).

For example, you could do something on 'The benefits of Scotland being part of the UK' or something on the World Cup etc, it's an endless possibility.
    That sounds kind of cool, and kind of fun

ReputationRep:
    Absolutely nothing.

That's the best thing about higher ranking Universities - they don't mind, in a way they're more lenient about everything (except the entry requirements...). Why can't more Universities be like this, it's not as if not doing any extra-curricular activities means that you won't be a good Doctor? It's ridiculous.

Damn nice (in an interesting-academic way). That'd be great to actually have someone that's had both types of surgery done, it gives a great perspective. Jeeze though, it's must've be horrible to go through surgery at a young age
    I am making you my official best bud! I thought I was alone in this world

Exactly! Why would playing hockey twice a week make me a better doctor than somebody who doesn't? Aside from the obvious health benefits, it wouldn't affect my ability to be a good doctor at all.

It wasn't all that long ago- back in January. It was really fun, if I'm going to be honest Waking up after surgery in the post-surgery room is so fun. I was still groggy from the anaesthetic so spent 30 mins yelling at my doctor and telling him I needed to pee.
    Plus there was the added benefit of staying in hospital long enough to miss all of my January mocks
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thechemistress)

Exactly! Why would playing hockey twice a week make me a better doctor than somebody who doesn't? Aside from the obvious health benefits, it wouldn't affect my ability to be a good doctor at all.

It wasn't all that long ago- back in January. It was really fun, if I'm going to be honest Waking up after surgery in the post-surgery room is so fun. I was still groggy from the anaesthetic so spent 30 mins yelling at my doctor and telling him I needed to pee.
    Plus there was the added benefit of staying in hospital long enough to miss all of my January mocks
    Aaw, I want a TSR best bud!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

We're not alone! I'm actually really surprised though. If there's two of us, then surely, surely there's more that do no extra-curriculars, right...? :confused:

I'd love to say that in a potential interview but I don't think that it'd be well received to be honest... even though it's the bloody truth.

Damn I'm not going to lie that does sound quite fun... and missing mocks is even better

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Edminzodo)
    Aaw, I want a TSR best bud!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    *sings "All by myself" to you*

Only joking
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    IT SAYS THIS THREAD IS CLOSED!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    We're not alone! I'm actually really surprised though. If there's two of us, then surely, surely there's more that do no extra-curriculars, right...? :confused:

I'd love to say that in a potential interview but I don't think that it'd be well received to be honest... even though it's the bloody truth.

Damn I'm not going to lie that does sound quite fun... and missing mocks is even better
    Theoretically, there should be but everybody seems to do something :/ At least everybody I know :/ if it's not a sport then it's a musical intstrument.

Yeah, it's best just to keep that to ourselves Hopefully in future they'll stop with this extracurricular crap and focus on academics/work experience.

Yepp The best thing was leaving in the middle of an English exam (my first mock, funnily enough) because my appendix had burst. The faces of confusion were hilarious :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Edminzodo)
    IT SAYS THIS THREAD IS CLOSED!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Are you sure? It looks open to me xD

ReputationRep:
    Theoretically, there should be but everybody seems to do something :/ At least everybody I know :/ if it's not a sport then it's a musical intstrument.

Yeah, it's best just to keep that to ourselves Hopefully in future they'll stop with this extracurricular crap and focus on academics/work experience.

Yepp The best thing was leaving in the middle of an English exam (my first mock, funnily enough) because my appendix had burst. The faces of confusion were hilarious :lol:
    Bloody hell! That's one way to leave in style. :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Bloody hell! That's one way to leave in style. :cool:
    Yep. Probably my most stylish exit to date :yes:
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Are you sure? It looks open to me xD
    My phone is being stupid . . . :no:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    *sings "All by myself" to you*

Only joking
    . . .

Find me a best bud!

It's okay. I'll just be a constant third wheel.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Trust me. On my I N D E P E N D E N T **** hussling

Chasing dreams since I was 14, with the fourth track bussling.

Halfway across the city with the backpack fat cat, crushing!

Labels out here, now they can't tell me nothing. We give that to the people, spread it across the country!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngelPhys)
    Trust me. On my I N D E P E N D E N T **** hussling

Chasing dreams since I was 14, with the fourth track bussling.

Halfway across the city with the backpack fat cat, crushing!

Labels out here, now they can't tell me nothing. We give that to the people, spread it across the country!
    And we go back tonight is the night. So we put our hands up like te ceiling can't hold us.

Yea, can I get a thank you. Yea, I'm damn grateful.... Forgot the lyrics... Lol.

ReputationRep:
    And we go back tonight is the night. So we put our hands up like te ceiling can't hold us.

Yea, can I get a thank you. Yea, I'm damn grateful.... Forgot the lyrics... Lol.
    And we danced..... and we cried... and we laughed and had a really really really good time! Take my hand! Let's have a blast!

And remember this moment for the rest of our lives, our lives!, our lives, our lives!, our lives,

oh oh oh oh oh oh

Tonight, tonight!, tonight, tonight!, tonight

Because tonight's the night, am I right?

Dance!

ReputationRep:
    And we danced..... and we cried... and we laughed and had a really really really good time! Take my hand! Let's have a blast!

And remember this moment for the rest of our lives, our lives!, our lives, our lives!, our lives,

oh oh oh oh oh oh

Tonight, tonight!, tonight, tonight!, tonight

Because tonight's the night, am I right?

Dance!
    Feels like a night for a party,
    my nature... so naughty,
    there's a knock on the door.. It's the neighbours!
    Quit ****blocking, we're having a hoe down,
    you hoe's down?
    Don't get me get my hose out...

It's big long pink strong, and known to last all night long!

ReputationRep:
    Feels like a night for a party,
    my nature... so naughty,
    there's a knock on the door.. It's the neighbours!
    Quit ****blocking, we're having a hoe down,
    you hoe's down?
    Don't get me get my hose out...

It's big long pink strong, and known to last all night long!
    I am not! I am not! Going to stand on the wall, I will dance! I will dance!
    I will break that a** off!

ReputationRep:
    I am not! I am not! Going to stand on the wall, I will dance! I will dance!
    I will break that a** off!
    You see me looking over from the bar right over there,
    But your friends are huddled up and hating on a player,
    I just want to dance with you, tip tap the boot,
    Extract the truth, da- dance with you
    Dance,
    Awesome!

Oolay ehe eh

ReputationRep:
    You see me looking over from the bar right over there,
    But your friends are huddled up and hating on a player,
    I just want to dance with you, tip tap the boot,
    Extract the truth, da- dance with you
    Dance,
    Awesome!

Oolay ehe eh
    10 thousand hours... seems like 10 thousand ants... 10 thousand ants... they carry me..

lol

ReputationRep:
    10 thousand hours... seems like 10 thousand ants... 10 thousand ants... they carry me..

lol
    I'll take the flannel zebra jammies, second hand, I rock that Mother****!
    The built in onesie with the socks on that mother****!

I hit the party and they stop in that mother****!!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.