Turn on thread page Beta

The Arsenal Thread XX watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SHOO)
    Most of the media do.

Metro, Independent, Guardian, "Caught offside" LOL

Even sky sports stated that we've agreed a deal for Khadira :/
    Metro is the most unreliable source according to a study I saw, below the likes of Daily Mail. They hardly get anything right. I don't know why people continually link their rubbish on this thread.

Guardian and Sky Sports are more reliable, as in, their sources are well respected. Obviously this doesn't mean everything they report is right, but they are simply reporting what's passed on. Sky Sports for example reported that we had a fee agreed with Madrid over Khedira which was true, but personal terms were non-negotiable so that's why the deal fell through.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SHOO)
    Most of the media do.

Metro, Independent, Guardian, "Caught offside" LOL

Even sky sports stated that we've agreed a deal for Khadira :/
    That didn't come from Sky Sports sources they were basing off a report from the Spanish Newspaper Sport.

ReputationRep:
    Would probably believe transfer rumours written on the door of a pub toilet before the Metro/DM

ReputationRep:
    Happy birthday to a legend. :cake:

Spoiler:
    Show

ReputationRep:
    Are we actually getting any more signings ? Or are we actually going to stick with Arteta? Who, imo, is a much bigger problem than Giroud.

ReputationRep:
    definetly more signings.. just maybe not the ones we want.

GK and CB seem very very likely, wasnt a GK as good as confirmed the other day?

Just the DM/ST that seems very questionable..

ReputationRep:
    If vermaelen goes does the captaincy immediately go to arteta? I feel we need a cb definitely now and a DM should be still a priority.

ReputationRep:
    We will certainly get a gk (ospina) and backup cb. I am pretty sure we'll then splash a bit more on a DM/cm and that'll be it. Don't see us signing a striker.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by t()m)
    If vermaelen goes does the captaincy immediately go to arteta? I feel we need a cb definitely now and a DM should be still a priority.
    Not necessarily, typically does not always. Per Mertesacker is 100% the best option for the captaincy, and even if he doesnt get it he is the leader of the team.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)
    Not necessarily, typically does not always. Per Mertesacker is 100% the best option for the captaincy, and even if he doesnt get it he is the leader of the team.
    Yes, he is the best without question. He reprimanded Ozil for not going over to the fans at the Etihad, after which Ozil apologised. Ozil could easily have behaved like a child and gone in a mood; the fact that he didn't suggests that Meresacker commands the respect of the players and his leadership qualities are plain to see.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by qwerty_mad)
    I'm not ruling out buying a DM just yet but it wouldn't surprise me if Wenger is thinking this way. Would be a shame.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    (Original post by All falls dowwn)
    In old Arsenal times, this would have happened. Fingers crossed.
    It's such a Wengeresque thing to do though, hope he continues to make good signings like we've seen so far..
    And Wilshere's so injury prone, would be very risky doing so anyways juss sayin.

(Original post by FKLW)
    :rofl: would love that

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Course you would
    #Gassedjustcosyoubeatateam7-0.

(Original post by little_tom)
    Sky Sports says we're interested in Nastasic and I would be happy with him.
    If we get Nastasic though :ahee:
    I've always been a quiet admirer.
    Was it said on SSN? Haven't been in all day.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pane123)
    Yes, he is the best without question. He reprimanded Ozil for not going over to the fans at the Etihad, after which Ozil apologised. Ozil could easily have behaved like a child and gone in a mood; the fact that he didn't suggests that Meresacker commands the respect of the players and his leadership qualities are plain to see.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah that's very true. He's not necessarily a great talker on the pitch but there is definitely a leadership presence that is reassuring I think. What I like most about Per is that he really seems to make an effort to connect with the fans and has a real passion for the team I think. After games he's always the last one(along with Wilshere) to stop applauding the fans etc.

Per just seems like a great guy as well tbh in his interviews, should be proud to have someone like that as captain.

ReputationRep:
    Or it suggests he didn't want to damage his PR

Was stupid from mertersacker leave it to the changing room ozil got slated in the press because the supposed leader of the team brought attention to something so trivial

ReputationRep:
    Nastasic is 21?? wow, looks older but cool awesome.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by baconbutty)
    Or it suggests he didn't want to damage his PR

Was stupid from mertersacker leave it to the changing room ozil got slated in the press because the supposed leader of the team brought attention to something so trivial
    Do you just make a habit of disagreeing with everything posted here?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lyrical Prodigy)
    Nastasic is 21?? wow, looks older but cool awesome.
    He is a great talent and reads the game very well for his age. The last season under Mancini I would say he was their best defender, behind only Zabaleta maybe.

ReputationRep:
    Do you just make a habit of disagreeing with everything posted here?
    No I just apply reasonable logic to a situation

ReputationRep:
    I don't see this Nastasic thingy happening. I so hope it does tho. He reminds me of Terry a few years back. Would be a sensational buy.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by qwerty_mad)
    I don't see this Nastasic thingy happening. I so hope it does tho. He reminds me of Terry a few years back. Would be a sensational buy.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I don't see it happening either, seems to depend on too many things and with Roma and Inter interested City could easily off-load abroad. Its a shame because technically he is very good, quick and could fit into a high line very easily. The only weakness in his game is his decision-making but that will get better with age.

He does kind of strike me as a mercenary though, dunno why...

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.