Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lindajohnson)
    I haven't heard back yet. Should I be worried?
    If you're applying for econ at kings, I wouldn't worry since I don't think they've sent out any invites yet

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jchap9776)
    I know someone who didn't! :/
    I know scary!:eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by benpeters)
    Fair enough Andrew. At the end of the day it's down to the interview (once you get the interview), and from what 2 of my cousins told me (1 of which got in) they ask STEP questions to really test your maths out - this is clearly due to the economics course being quite dependent on mathematics at a high level (and obviously STEP is a lot harder than A2 Further Maths! Haha makes the A2 a walk in the park
    The maths questions are interview are nowhere near STEP level lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mike_123)
    The maths questions are interview are nowhere near STEP level lol
    step is so easy..

ReputationRep:
    yeah mate, I wont get in
    Ahh why not??

ReputationRep:
    Ahh why not??
    Because I am too street, nah jk I reckon my chances are 50:50, I haven't got my heart set on Cambridge so I don't really mind

ReputationRep:
    I haven't heard back yet. Should I be worried?
    You'll be fine if your grades are above 90 aka predicted grades all a*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EHZ17)
    How the flip does anyone get 634? 4A*s at A2 is 560

If I do the best I can next year 3A* + A in AS FM, I'll get 480 which places me well below average yet my UMS will be at the higher end. Or am I miscalculating the scores?

How much does it really matter?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    There's people who do all sorts of amounts of A levels, although the majority there would have done 4 or 5 at A2. Also there's things such as the EPQ, and some schools may force students to do General Studies or Critical Thinking in addition to their main subjects, which would boost the UCAS tariff. Also, as mentioned, some would have music qualifications or other ECs which would contribute to UCAS. Regardless, the main bulk would still come from academic qualifications.

You are miscalculating the scores. You forgot to add the AS you dropped last year.

It doesn't matter at all. Offers are based on A level grades and (on rare occasions) UMS, not UCAS points.

ReputationRep:
    Just got the 8 week econ email, they said they forgot to send it to me on the 31st of Oct.

Is this the final stage?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Because I am too street, nah jk I reckon my chances are 50:50, I haven't got my heart set on Cambridge so I don't really mind
    Street people still have bare chance of getting into Cambridge init bruh ygm? Nah seriously lol what's your preferred uni if it isn't Cambridge?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EHZ17)
    Just got the 8 week econ email, they said they forgot to send it to me on the 31st of Oct.

Is this the final stage?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Depends.
    If you're a strong applicant you'll get an offer within the period.
    If you're a weak applicant you'll get rejected within the period.
    If you're borderline the decision will be postponed with another X-week email.
    Although last year it was 5 week instead of 8 week but I'm sure the same principle applies.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fha96)
    Street people still have bare chance of getting into Cambridge init bruh ygm? Nah seriously lol what's your preferred uni if it isn't Cambridge?
    LSE fam, all about that London social life

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Boy_wonder_95)
    Depends.
    If you're a strong applicant you'll get an offer within the period.
    If you're a weak applicant you'll get rejected within the period.
    If you're borderline the decision will be postponed with another X-week email.
    Although last year it was 5 week instead of 8 week but I'm sure the same principle applies.
    Scared now

ReputationRep:
    Let me know wagwan if you get an offer cuh

ReputationRep:
    If your heart isn't with it, why are you applying?!

ReputationRep:
    Jack/James you're not street, so tone it down a notch yeah??

ReputationRep:
    You'll be fine if your grades are above 90 aka predicted grades all a*
    Not all about grades my friend! Jeeeez... Some people don't deserve to go to uni, let alone Cambridge! :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by benpeters)
    If your heart isn't with it, why are you applying?! Are you the biggest idiot around? Grade A moron IMO.
    To have the choice, any good economist would recognise that increased consumer choice leads to allocative efficiency, r u dumb fam?

ReputationRep:
    Cor ok Ben mate

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EHZ17)
    Let me know wagwan if you get an offer cuh
    Yeah mate, wouldn't worry if I was you, your ums is sikh

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.