Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Omg the ucas form is so annoying shbsjfhbsfbsdfdsfsfds
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by L'Evil Fish)
    Hmmmm... Pretty sure you can maybe change it a tiny bit
    Yeah I will, there's a bit more I can put in now and some things I'll take out, I'll talk about different books etc but the introduction and things will still end up pretty similar probably
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by radhikagulati)
    Omg the ucas form is so annoying shbsjfhbsfbsdfdsfsfds
    Wait until you're trying to get your personal statement down to 47 lines, that was even more annoying for me than the character limit and that's saying something!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by furryface12)
    Yeah I will, there's a bit more I can put in now and some things I'll take out, I'll talk about different books etc but the introduction and things will still end up pretty similar probably
    Yeah sounds like a plan1
    Wait until you're trying to get your personal statement down to 47 lines, that was even more annoying for me than the character limit and that's saying something!
    I think mine is all done :smug:

ReputationRep:
    eurgh tell me about it, i at 100 lines and it seems impossible

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, reply to show I still exist!

Still want to do philosophy at Cambridge - results didn't murder me

probably won't even be commenting as much this year, unless I manage to get an interview and try to get us to meet up but yeah, hi. year 13 whooo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tara8000)
    Hey guys, reply to show I still exist!

Still want to do philosophy at Cambridge - results didn't murder me

probably won't even be commenting as much this year, unless I manage to get an interview and try to get us to meet up but yeah, hi. year 13 whooo
    But you murdered results right?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Yeah sounds like a plan1

I think mine is all done :smug:
    :eek: You're organised! It is best to do it before school gets in the way I guess, I couldn't decide what I wanted to do last year though so submitted it about a week before the deadline in January

(Original post by radhikagulati)
    eurgh tell me about it, i at 100 lines and it seems impossible
    Wow, that's a lot! I presume you're over on characters as well then? Try and get them down first and then hopefully you'll be a bit closer on the line front. After that, it can sometimes help if you just reorder words, eg if you have a list of three if you put the words in a different order they might go on the lines differently and you lose one :yep:

ReputationRep:
    :eek: You're organised! It is best to do it before school gets in the way I guess, I couldn't decide what I wanted to do last year though so submitted it about a week before the deadline in January

Wow, that's a lot! I presume you're over on characters as well then? Try and get them down first and then hopefully you'll be a bit closer on the line front. After that, it can sometimes help if you just reorder words, eg if you have a list of three if you put the words in a different order they might go on the lines differently and you lose one :yep:
    I have to do it by October, so best have it sorted
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    I have to do it by October, so best have it sorted
    True, still organised though! I'll probably try and get mine off as soon as your deadline's out the way this year... Try and make your school write your reference soon by the way, you have no idea how stressful it gets when they still haven't done it a week before the deadline! :unimpressed:

ReputationRep:
    Still haven't thought about my personal statement :s

Does anyone know if it will be better to get it done early, and just add in "I'm planning to do some experience at x uni in october", or whether to wait until I've done the work experience and send my application in November?

ReputationRep:
    True, still organised though! I'll probably try and get mine off as soon as your deadline's out the way this year... Try and make your school write your reference soon by the way, you have no idea how stressful it gets when they still haven't done it a week before the deadline! :unimpressed:
    Oh I'll be bugging them for a reference every week

ReputationRep:
    But you murdered results right?
    haha I WISH... only really English I maimed maths ... and barely won the fight against bio and phys... psych pretty much beat me :'(

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tara8000)
    haha I WISH... only really English I maimed maths ... and barely won the fight against bio and phys... psych pretty much beat me :'(
    I want details now :rofl:

PM if you want oh no psychology

ReputationRep:
    I want details now :rofl:

PM if you want oh no psychology
    haha details? PM me, I don't know what you mean x)

ReputationRep:
    YAY YEAR 13
    it's 79 pages already and I only just discovered it but hey
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Tibbz2)
    Still haven't thought about my personal statement :s

Does anyone know if it will be better to get it done early, and just add in "I'm planning to do some experience at x uni in october", or whether to wait until I've done the work experience and send my application in November?
    Unless you need to be done by the early deadline I'd say you'd be better to wait a bit, then you can talk about what you learnt from the experience which will be much better

Oh I'll be bugging them for a reference every week
    I'm sure they'll love you for that! Might make them get it done though just to shut you up :lol:

ReputationRep:
    I really like the new kids this year

ReputationRep:
    Unless you need to be done by the early deadline I'd say you'd be better to wait a bit, then you can talk about what you learnt from the experience which will be much better

I'm sure they'll love you for that! Might make them get it done though just to shut you up :lol:
    Hmmmm... They won't mind! Although my fm teacher doesn't know me... The way it works here is all teachers write a bit, and then form and head of year fix it into a reference
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Hmmmm... They won't mind! Although my fm teacher doesn't know me... The way it works here is all teachers write a bit, and then form and head of year fix it into a reference
    That was our system, but my physics teacher was away for a bit then my head of year and the deputy head both thought the other one was doing it then my predicted grades changed... Yeah, that's the problem with new teachers I guess, they'll get to know you soon enough though :yep:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.