Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by karmacrunch)
    I fell asleep... Sorry.

I know you are but what am I? Queen. :ahee:

:rolleyes:

Probably Chinese and/German

That's fine. :rolleyes:

Ah okay! You do have a lot of work... but it's Maths so it's okay. I'm sure it'll be fine just keep working hard as you are!

What are you thinking of doing for A-Level?
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    Wbu? What are you thinking of doing for A level?
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by vd12345)
    Chem, bio, maths, Rs
    Ah okay! I love RS! So much discussion!
    Wbu? What are you thinking of doing for A level?
    Biology, Chemistry, Maths, FM + Geography/Language. A little crazy... I know.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Ah okay! I love RS! So much discussion!

Biology, Chemistry, Maths, FM + Geography/Language. A little crazy... I know.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I've started RS in year 11, so I might be okay taking FM too and dropping RS.. Only taking Rs as I'm the best in my year group... FM would deffo help more
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    I've started RS in year 11, so I might be okay taking FM too and dropping RS.. Only taking Rs as I'm the best in my year group... FM would deffo help more
    Ah okay What topics are you doing in AS RS? I think that RS helps give you a personal side to things, that and the ethical side which is what I like. :yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Ah okay What topics are you doing in AS RS? I think that RS helps give you a personal side to things, that and the ethical side which is what I like. :yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Part one of philosophy
    Plato and Aristotle (don't know how to spell this!!)

ReputationRep:
    Finally started light revision today :cool: Only 7 months to go :eek:
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Part one of philosophy
    Plato and Aristotle (don't know how to spell this!!)
    That's right. Aristotle.
    Enjoying it so far?
    (Original post by Strom)
    Finally started light revision today :cool: Only 7 months to go :eek:
    7 months? Eww... I've just remembered that I'll have mocks around then. :lolwut:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    That's right. Aristotle.
    Enjoying it so far?

7 months? Eww... I've just remembered that I'll have mocks around then. :lolwut:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I think so! Mocks are fun awnyway Just pray that they don't coincide with an important speaking/writing test

ReputationRep:
    I am in year 11 too and I haven't even started revision yet Has any of you started and can you guys give me some tips on how to? I am so nervous about the English Language GCSE cause I find it so hard and I will be so happy with an A! Tips appreciated for English GCSE guys! Goood luck to all!
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by Strom)
    I think so! Mocks are fun awnyway Just pray that they don't coincide with an important speaking/writing test
    We've kind of had them every year but now they kind of go towards something... Properly. :eek: Hoping, fingers crossed. Going to look at coursework timetable now.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Strom)
    I failed a lot of mocks completely, yet teachers still have faith in me Yeah, I started revision like 10 days ago? 1 week after school started better to start now than when its too late xD got mocks in Nov too

ReputationRep:
    That's right. Aristotle.
    Enjoying it so far?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah I'm loving it mocks in everything?
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Yeah I'm loving it mocks in everything?
    That's great!
    Yep, mocks in everything! We might actually have some in Jan/Feb as well. Then mocks in Year 11... :eek:

I'm going offline now but ttyl!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    That's great!
    Yep, mocks in everything! We might actually have some in Jan/Feb as well. Then mocks in Year 11... :eek:

I'm going offline now but ttyl!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm off too

ReputationRep:
    I failed a lot of mocks completely, yet teachers still have faith in me Yeah, I started revision like 10 days ago? 1 week after school started better to start now than when its too late xD got mocks in Nov too
    My mocks are in Jan

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by katebeckett)
    I am in year 11 too and I haven't even started revision yet Has any of you started and can you guys give me some tips on how to? I am so nervous about the English Language GCSE cause I find it so hard and I will be so happy with an A! Tips appreciated for English GCSE guys! Goood luck to all!
    I've started revision I have tips for revision in general but not English language.. Sorry

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Strom)
    My mocks are in Jan
    I have Nov and Jan mocks for some strange reason

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by katebeckett)
    Make sure you do well in your controlled assessment for now, you just have to plan ahead for them at home using what you do in class to get top marks. I'm at 50/50 at the moment we just have creating writing left because we started in Y10, so I wouldn't worry much about the exam yet considering ELang isn't a syllabus you just revise from, you have to learn how to do each question individually before you sit a whole exam. There's not much to revise per se, but plan bit by bit at home, when your teacher tells you to write a paragraph do it in detail (chances are you'll end up using it in your CA!) and only if you do well in your controlled assessments will you set yourself up well for the exam!

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone else completely terrified of Sixth Form?

I'm thinking of taking Double Maths, Physics, Computer Science and Electronics, but I'm afraid that I will explode.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Exherion)
    Is anyone else completely terrified of Sixth Form?

I'm thinking of taking Double Maths, Physics, Computer Science and Electronics, but I'm afraid that I will explode.
    Not terrified.. Excited.. I'm hoping to move sixth forms

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.