Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EHZ17)
    I might do. It would probably say 'very strong competition' or something :P

LSE had 13 applicants per place for economics in 2013, Cambridge is fairly competitive...

Moving on, how is your revision?
    Nasay you want sepcifically why you were rejected and the lart of your application which did not appeal to them.
    Havent done any A level revision yet. Just been doing STEP for ages lol. Still hard haha.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by physicsmaths)
    Nasay you want sepcifically why you were rejected and the lart of your application which did not appeal to them.
    Havent done any A level revision yet. Just been doing STEP for ages lol. Still hard haha.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    STEP's easier than C1 I don't know why you're complaining.

You still need to get A*A*A don't you? I suppose STEP helps m and fm

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NinjaPandaa)
    Yeah I did have a B in AS Chinese though
    Going to insure Warwick pretty happy that I'll end up with an a* in maths so it should be fine
    Sweet! Yh but come on, you also had 4 As :P. Chinese is irrelevant.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EHZ17)
    STEP's easier than C1 I don't know why you're complaining.

You still need to get A*A*A don't you? I suppose STEP helps m and fm
    Lol M FM is easy A* for me no revision purely to do with STEP (finished the content quite a while back). I need 90 in C3/4 and 85 in two A2 modules and Ive got A*A* and Lile 60 average. I got 100s in my mocks with little/no revision. I do papers every sunday for M n FM so i should be fine. I am starting my Physics notes tomorrow!
    Yeh Bro, STEP is like GCSE. Walk in and hope for the best lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by frigg113)
    same could be said of cambridge. tonnes of people with straight As rejected, people like physicsmaths e.g. getting accepted with AABD and terrible gcses.

Same could be said of any uni, the unis always have a lot more info at hand than we can speculate on. Ofcourse they dont always get decisions right, certainly oxbridge dont as theyre picking from the top of the top, and the same with warwick im sure.

but it rings true for every course and institution
    Not the same. Different subjects have different policies.

why is it not? Cambridge are completely academically focused, Warwick Econ are not - theyre going to have more of the career driven I-Bank kinda guys
    ********. There's just as much career driven people at Cambridge as there would be at Warwick. Both unis receive the same applicants. :rolleyes:. Besides what would that have to do with anything? These are both highly academic institutions, not workplaces. They're not going to care about your ECs (unless they're relevant ofc), the main focus would be on motivation and ability (grades), the only difference is, as you said, Cambridge have a lot more information on the applicant (UMS, interviews, SAQ), so they're able to make more rational decisions. All Warwick relies on are grades, PS, and reference. Everyone's going to have a high-flying reference so that's a given, and as for the rest I can't imagine them being too shabby given EHZ17 got offers from the 3 other top unis for Economics. It's just odd how inconsistent they seem compared to other unis of similar stature. That's all.

ofcourse you dont. youre butthurt atm
    And now you're just being unhelpful. Basing someone's ability on the basis of how many offers they received is just wrong.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Boy_wonder_95)
    Sweet! Yh but come on, you also had 4 As :P. Chinese is irrelevant.
    Chinese is completely irrelevant although a useful icebreaker with new people ngl how's camb for you? Legit just read the course content for each module today and I'm feeling pretty intimidated

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NinjaPandaa)
    Chinese is completely irrelevant although a useful icebreaker with new people ngl how's camb for you? Legit just read the course content for each module today and I'm feeling pretty intimidated
    One sec, I'll PM you

ReputationRep:
    Lol M FM is easy A* for me no revision purely to do with STEP (finished the content quite a while back). I need 90 in C3/4 and 85 in two A2 modules and Ive got A*A* and Lile 60 average. I got 100s in my mocks with little/no revision. I do papers every sunday for M n FM so i should be fine. I am starting my Physics notes tomorrow!
    Yeh Bro, STEP is like GCSE. Walk in and hope for the best lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    How much are you revising now mate?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Although further maths is boring, it's such an easy A*, no revision needed at all (obviously will do a few papers before exam but)

Then one of physics or chem... I think chem will be the easier one. Even though physics has low boundaries, I cba writing long answers so

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elcor)
    How much are you revising now mate?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    3-4 hours per day now of step stuff and like 1 hour learning M4 etc and abit of physics.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    3-4 hours per day now of step stuff and like 1 hour learning M4 etc and abit of physics.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Woah how can you work so much?! That's like a whole 5 hours a day!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by umutalberts)
    Woah how can you work so much?! That's like a whole 5 hours a day!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You have to for STEP. Yesterday i did like 8 hours lol. Mostly STEP. I do a lvel stuff to warm up and cool down lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    When did you guys start revising? I started about a week ago and feel like I'm not gonna have time to finish everything xD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BVN)
    When did you guys start revising? I started about a week ago and feel like I'm not gonna have time to finish everything xD
    Plenty of time left!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BVN)
    Haven't started yet since we haven't even finished the syllabus for some subjects :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BVN)
    #yolo

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Boy_wonder_95)
    One sec, I'll PM you
    What's 1st year econ like? :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BVN)
    I was lucky because maths and econ go hand in hand so I completed nearly 3 AS/A2s before interviews :/

English is driving me mad at the moment tho, there has to be some pain in revision, would be very boring otherwise..

ReputationRep:
    Is it only me or did Cambridge remove the application statistics from its website?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pvdp)
    Is it only me or did Cambridge remove the application statistics from its website?
    Yh i think so.

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.