Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spivo1410)
    Got an offer for English Literature just now!
    Congratulations!!! You must be over the moon!
    When did you apply? x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ziggyystardust)
    Congratulations!!! You must be over the moon!
    When did you apply? x
    Thanks, I really am! Wasn't expecting it! I applied in October. Best wishes to you, I hope you get an offer too, have you applied for Literature too?

ReputationRep:
    Sorry to be nosy, but when in October did you apply? I applied on the 21st (also for literature) so was just hoping to get a rough idea of when to hear! thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by docmcstuffin)
    Sorry to be nosy, but when in October did you apply? I applied on the 21st (also for literature) so was just hoping to get a rough idea of when to hear! thanks
    I believe it was the 10th October, good luck to you, I hope you hear back soon!

ReputationRep:
    I believe it was the 10th October, good luck to you, I hope you hear back soon!
    Thanks a lot, and a massive congratulations to you!

ReputationRep:
    I just got an unconditional offer for pharmacy with foundation, I am so happy!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tessie25)
    9A*s, 2As and a B at GCSE. AABC at AS. Predicted A*A*A. Honestly was hoping for a rejection because I want to accept my unconditional from Birmingham, but it still sucks to be told you're not good enough. Also failed at Oxford but got interviewed.
    Holy crumpets how did you get rejected?! I'm happy for you that you got the one you wanted though! But still, they must be crazy to reject you!!

ReputationRep:
    Got an offer for chemistry Pleasantly surprised

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone received a modern languages offer? Durham is the only uni I haven't heard from!

ReputationRep:
    No I am still waiting, when did you apply?

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone heard from Biomedical science who has applied after the Oxbridge deadline?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smurf2008)
    No I am still waiting, when did you apply?
    in october

ReputationRep:
    Rejected for Ancient, Medieval and Modern History

11A*s 1A and a B at GCSE
    ABBC at AS (not really sure what happened last year tbh)
    Predicted A*A*A

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smurf2008)
    Has anyone heard from Biomedical science who has applied after the Oxbridge deadline?
    Not Biomedical Sciences, but Biosciences and yes, I heard in December☺️

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone here been to the open days? What feel did you get from the university, what did you think of it?

ReputationRep:
    Congratulations! I'm still waiting do you mind me asking what your grades are and when you applied?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mazzaion)
    Has anyone here been to the open days? What feel did you get from the university, what did you think of it?
    when I went I honestly didnt get a feel for the place at all. But that was probably because I was scurrying around different departments. I think if I were to firm Durham I'd have had to look around again first to make sure I get good vibes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Els-12)
    Has anyone received a modern languages offer? Durham is the only uni I haven't heard from!
    Applied early October and heard December 10th for Arabic and Spanish- got an offer what languages are you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mazzaion)
    Yeah I went to one in September and it's a really pretty city, students were lovely and obviously I can't say much about any department other than maths, but I liked my department at least. Durham is full of stunning architecture and has a nice feel to it, like they want you to achieve academic pinnacles but they also want you to be a well rounded human being. I had a look around some of the colleges (can't remember which ones now) and then set my heart of Hatfield, which was having work done on it at the time. The only real downside is how hilly it is, but on the other hand walking up and down hills is a good way to stay fit, especially seeing how you'll be walking everywhere as students aren't allowed cars. Also they try to stage nights out in Newcastle a lot, but as a North Easterner I can tell you they aren't right next door to each other, but you can still get there in about half an hour with reasonable traffic. Obviously I like it and that's why it's my firm hahaha Have you not been on an open day?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mazzaion;[url="tel:62453617")
    62453617[/url]]Has anyone here been to the open days? What feel did you get from the university, what did you think of it?
    Hi I haven't been to an open day but went up to look around and it's absolutely gorgeous! Really cute town with cobbled streets and independent cafes (really cheap homemade food and cake too!). I got good vibes, everyone was super friendly and all the colleges I saw were nice

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.