Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lolsl1)
    Did you receive an email from them saying you should get a letter in the post about disclosure checks? Because I received an email from them about this but not sure if all apprentices received this regardless of whether they had been assigned DWP or not.
    I didn't receive this email but I have received the disclosure checks to fill in

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by clairey_lou)
    I didn't receive this email but I have received the disclosure checks to fill in
    Was it from the DWP?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lolsl1)
    Was it from the DWP?
    Yes I received it on Friday last week

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone else in Scotland been assigned to a role in HMRC?
    Location wasn't specified and I'm wondering whether this will be Edinburgh or Glasgow based?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by minty17)
    Has anyone else in Scotland been assigned to a role in HMRC?
    Location wasn't specified and I'm wondering whether this will be Edinburgh or Glasgow based?
    I'm business admin in scotland and still haven't heard anything regarding location or department. When did you find out?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NH99)
    I'm business admin in scotland and still haven't heard anything regarding location or department. When did you find out?
    I found out yesterday, although I did send quite a few emails out enquiring about my dep/loc

ReputationRep:
    I found out yesterday, although I did send quite a few emails out enquiring about my dep/loc

Ok thanks. I have emailed Jo 3 or 4 times recently and have still not had a reply.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NH99)
    Ok thanks. I have emailed Jo 3 or 4 times recently and have still not had a reply.
    It could be the case that she hasnt replied because you havent been matched with a role as of yet (I know its not exactly what you want to hear)
    p.s took a week or so to be responded to by email

ReputationRep:
    It could be the case that she hasnt replied because you havent been matched with a role as of yet (I know its not exactly what you want to hear)
    p.s took a week or so to be responded to by email
    Ok, thanks for the info.

ReputationRep:
    I eventually received a phone call the other day from someone who said I had to go to Newcastle for security checks next Wednesday, she said she would send details in an email. I'm still waiting for the email!

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone just to let you all know i had a phone call today to tell me to check my junk box for any emails, I had received one with all the details attached however it had gone into my junk box and I hadn't seen it. So I'm posting this as its happened to a few others and it might be worth you checking.

ReputationRep:
    Hey!
    Anyone doing business admin in London? I'm in the department of BIS and was told 3 weeks ago so no idea why some people haven't found out yet!

ReputationRep:
    Hey! Anyone doing business admin in London? I've already been contacted by my department over 3 weeks ago! Weird so many haven't found out yet!

ReputationRep:
    I have received a Disclosure Scotland check to fill out from the Department of Work & Pensions and I have phoned up and spoken to them following this, where they confirmed that this means I have been placed in this Department. However, my location still hasn't been confirmed and I have been advised that the Line Managers are still being finalised and once this has been done the Line Managers will be contacting us. Hopefully not too much longer

ReputationRep:
    I had my assessment day in Manchester 21st May, offer email on 2nd June, I accepted straight away. I still sit waiting patiently on more info, I'm really frustrated as I'm moving over from Northern Ireland and I need to know where I'll be based to arrange living arrangements. I selected Business Admin in North West.

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, Ministry of Justice here! Business Admin!

ReputationRep:
    Cool! Bet that will be really good

ReputationRep:
    I had my assessment centre in the middle of may and received my offer beginning of june. I've got business admin but no idea of location or department! I'm currently an ODP apprentice in HMRC but it's getting frustrating not hearing anything!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tanyaevans01)
    Hey!
    Anyone doing business admin in London? I'm in the department of BIS and was told 3 weeks ago so no idea why some people haven't found out yet!
    Hi! I've also been placed in BIS! Exciting!!!

I sent off the paperwork & disclosure forms a few weeks ago - I didn't hear back from them so I wrote to them and they said that checks are still being completed.

ReputationRep:
    I'm BIS too!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Apprenticeship zone:

GIGF logo

Apprenticeship Zone

All you need to know about higher and degree apprenticeships.

GIGF logo

Meet the apprentices

Read these case studies from real apprentices to hear the truth about what it's like!

GIGF logo

Apprenticeship Vacancies

Find the latest higher and degree apprenticeship opportunities.

Featured recruiter profiles:

CGI logo

CGI is open for applications

"Offering a range of apprentice and sponsored degree positions."

ICAEW logo

ICAEW

"Choose a career journey with limitless possibilities."

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Quick links:

Unanswered apprenticeships and alternatives to university threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.