Aph
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by The Financier)
Oh we'll see...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Well looking at the polls you'd need yellow & green/brown or just red but I can't see you happy under labour.
Airmed
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Rakas21)
There will. It will be blue and (spin the wheel)..
I wait in anticipation for that wheel to stop!
Baron of Sealand
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Rakas21)
We don't have a black party.

You can choose Orange, Red, Green or whatever the commies are.
I asked Google and it says 'amber'.

Hmm...
TeeEff
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Aph)
Well looking at the polls you'd need yellow & green/brown or just red but I can't see you happy under labour.
The general TSR poll isn't really that good an indication of a potential election result. It would be rather silly to rule anything out at the moment.

I'd like to think we're pragmatists. Still its a little too early to be discussing who we'd be looking to work with.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Aph
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
The general TSR poll isn't really that good an indication of a potential election result. It would be rather silly to rule anything out at the moment.

I'd like to think we're pragmatists.

Posted from TSR Mobile
You mean you'll jump into bed with the first thing that shows an interest in you?
Baron of Sealand
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Aph)
You mean you'll jump into bed with the first thing that shows an interest in you?
Anyone needs condoms?

Kittiara
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Nigel Farage MEP)
This term has been dull and boring for everyone in UKIP, we have been counting down the days until it is over. As I am sure you can imagine, having the most active party spectate a government who cannot even be bothered to produce a budget or a piece of legislation on the economy does not capture our interest. We do not want to spend next term spectating as the justification for this term was to try and capture the one seat from the Libertarians to be equal in number to the Conservatives raising the prospect of a coalition to bring radical change to Britain. Since that is no longer a possibility and our hard work has been flushed down the toilet our next step is not business as usual until the election after in November.
I think it's fair to say that it's not been the best term all-round. Both the Greens and, therefore, the Government were affected by our leadership issues. That may not be the most diplomatically savvy thing to say, but I am just being honest here, and I can only apologise to our Coalition partners and the House for that.

I can understand your disappointment. However, I have yet to see UKIP stand up and take responsibility for what happened, or an apology towards the member affected. If I overlooked this, then I apologise, but what I have seen are comments about how it's unfair for UKIP, how UKIP has been affected, what the next term will be like for UKIP, and before that, UKIP's own leader was trying to cover up what had happened. I mean, you could request a reconsideration of Birch, who is ultimately in charge of these things, but I suggest a change in tactics here (this is not towards you, personally, by the way, but to the whole party, and especially Adam.)
Airmed
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by mobbsy91)
Well, someone (can't remember who, whoops) paid off most of it earlier this evening, it's just I've had to charge a few more of Birchington's drinks, and a few others to it... I mean, we don't want him to have nothing to pay when he gets back!
Make sure of it!
Airmed
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Kittiara)
I think it's fair to say that it's not been the best term all-round. Both the Greens and, therefore, the Government were affected by our leadership issues. That may not be the most diplomatically savvy thing to say, but I am just being honest here, and I can only apologise to our Coalition partners and the House far that.

I can understand your disappointment. However, I have yet to see UKIP stand up and take responsibility for what happened, nor an apology towards the member affected. If I overlooked this, then I apologise, but what I have seen are comments about how it's unfair for UKIP, how UKIP has been affected, what the next term will be like for UKIP, and before that, UKIP's own leader was trying to cover up what had happened. I mean, you could request a reconsideration of Birch, who is ultimately in charge of these things, but I suggest a change in tactics here (this is not towards you, personally, by the way, but to the whole party, and especially Adam.)
PRSOM!
TeeEff
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Aph)
Erm no. Unlike the Greens, we aren't extreme and have a healthy ability to work with most parties in the house in a government.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Aph
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Erm no. Unlike the Greens, we aren't extreme and have a healthy ability to work with most parties in the house in a government.

Posted from TSR Mobile
We'll see.
JoeL1994
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by mobbsy91)
Well, someone (can't remember who, whoops) paid off most of it earlier this evening, it's just I've had to charge a few more of Birchington's drinks, and a few others to it... I mean, we don't want him to have nothing to pay when he gets back!
Twas me, I felt like reaching out to those who have been banned from participating in the MHoC.
Green_Pink
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago

Posted from TSR Mobile
Considering right now the Greens look to have three viable partners whereas you've got one...
Tanqueray91
  • Study Helper
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by JoeL1994)
Twas me, I felt like reaching out to those who have been banned from participating in the MHoC.
Haha yeh - the clean tab didn't last long though as drinks were soon added to it!
Midnightmemories
  • Study Helper
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Good evening.
username1524603
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I can understand your disappointment. However, I have yet to see UKIP stand up and take responsibility for what happened, nor an apology towards the member affected. If I overlooked this, then I apologise, but what I have seen are comments about how it's unfair for UKIP, how UKIP has been affected, what the next term will be like for UKIP, and before that, UKIP's own leader was trying to cover up what had happened. I mean, you could request a reconsideration of Birch, who is ultimately in charge of these things, but I suggest a change in tactics here (this is not towards you, personally, by the way, but to the whole party, and especially Adam.)
The thing with apologies is that they must be genuine to have an impact. As a party we discussed the motion for a week before submitting it and have been discussing it tonight, we have decided that we stand by the motion. We are not going to disrespect you by giving out an insincere apology for an impersonal motion with no real insult behind it apart from criticising the cases where someone has used maths.

I understand the house would like to see UKIP issue an apology, grovel to Aph, and carry on as normal ready for the term after next but we are simply not going to do that. To be honest, we do not care how the motion may have impacted a very sensitive person, though we understand how people can be affected by harsh words or phrases, these were not contained within the motion. We are a MODEL House of Commons, overusing statistics and making mistakes in sums would bring ridicule in a real House of Commons and the newspapers. We stand by the feelings of admiration towards Aph for bringing a challenge and defence to bills.
Airmed
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Does this bar sell popcorn, Lord Mobbsy?
Kittiara
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
The thing with apologies is that they must be genuine to have an impact. As a party we discussed the motion for a week before submitting it and have been discussing it tonight, we have decided that we stand by the motion. We are not going to disrespect you by giving out an insincere apology for an impersonal motion with no real insult behind it apart from criticising the cases where someone has used maths.

I understand the house would like to see UKIP issue an apology, grovel to Aph, and carry on as normal ready for the term after next but we are simply not going to do that. To be honest, we do not care how the motion may have impacted a very sensitive person, though we understand how people can be affected by harsh words or phrases, these were not contained within the motion. We are a MODEL House of Commons, overusing statistics and making mistakes in sums would bring ridicule in a real House of Commons and the newspapers. We stand by the feelings of admiration towards Aph for bringing a challenge and defence to bills.
It's not about grovelling, Nigel. Nobody is asking you to grovel. It's about taking responsibility for your actions. You (as in UKIP) singled someone out. You poked fun at him. This broke the rules of the House as well as the rules of TSR. It is not fair to put it down to him being "sensitive". The rules are the rules.

Edited to say - UKIP story change, there. Earlier it was only three members, now it's the party who discussed it for a week.
username1524603
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
It's not about grovelling, Nigel. Nobody is asking you to grovel. It's about taking responsibility for your actions. You (as in UKIP) singled someone out. You poked fun at him. This broke the rules of the House as well as the rules of TSR. It is not fair to put it down to him being "sensitive". The rules are the rules.
Taking responsibility for an action is not a good idea if it means apologising for believing in something which would be the case here. If the moderators feel strongly against this rule breech I would suggest a full investigation is conducted to issue a card to anyone found in breech of TSR rules. I do not like the idea of special treatment so it is only fair for moderators to act.
Kittiara
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Taking responsibility for an action is not a good idea if it means apologising for believing in something which would be the case here. If the moderators feel strongly against this rule breech I would suggest a full investigation is conducted to issue a card to anyone found in breech of TSR rules. I do not like the idea of special treatment so it is only fair for moderators to act.
Treat other users with respect

Respect the opinions of others and their privacy. Don’t post personal details of others without their explicit consent and don’t post personal email addresses (including your own) on the public forums.
Be friendly to other members.
Don’t insult people, don’t patronise or belittle them, don’t make personal attacks.

As I explained, if it had been an individual member bill it would have been more straightforward. As it is a party bill, it is impossible for us to know who was responsible, especially as discussions had been carried out off-site. As such, the matter was left in the Speaker's hands and as a party bill the party is held to account.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (11)
6.15%
They might tell the bully (18)
10.06%
I don't think they'd understand (30)
16.76%
It might lead to more bullying (69)
38.55%
There's nothing they could do (51)
28.49%

Watched Threads