Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bethcchs)
    I got 12 years because the original mass was 80g and it reduced to 10g in 36 years, 1 half life would be 40g, 2 half lives would be 20g and 3 half lives would be 10g. So 36/3 = 12
    Yh i got 12years too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by twilightniamh)
    what did people put for the comparison of xrays and ultrasound? i wrote about their advantages and disadvantages but felt like it wasnt enough?? 👎
    I put that ultrasounds can be used for pre-natal scans and breaking down of kidney/gall stones and they are safe so no precautions are necessary when administering them.
    The x-rays are used for CT scans, checking for broken bones and to treat cancer but because they are ionising precautions need to be taken and these are by focusing and aiming the beam precisely so that they damage as few healthy cells as possible and the person administering the treatment leaves the room so that they're not affected by the x-rays.

ReputationRep:
    I dont get how people can be so confident! I come out of all my exams and persuade myself I have gotten D's haha! I did that for my mocks but got As and A*s; but I have hated most of this years examss

ReputationRep:
    HAS ANYONE GOT THE 2015 PAPER?

Because I might be getting it on Friday!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joshkennedy)
    everyone is so desperate on here
    Including yourself!

ReputationRep:
    This exam was so easy! I got atleast 35 if not 40

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tsr1807)
    Was I wrong to mention momentum?

The roots of education are bitter, however the fruit is sweet.
    No it was about momentum. U had to mention that seat belts slow down the rate of change of momentum . Therefore less of an impact

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smile Generator)

Work hard like everyone else

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blueyy__)
    p3 i think 6 marker will be X-ray(and/or CT scan)/Ultrasound comparison or +/- OR center of mass
    nice prediction!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gobygaga)
    Work hard like everyone else
    What do you mean?

ReputationRep:
    Looking through the aqa website these are the grade boundaries from previous years
    P2:
    2014: a* - 44 a - 36
    2013: a* - 41 a - 35
    2012: a* - 41 a - 33

P3
    2014: a* - 45 a - 40
    2013: a* - 41 a - 38

So even though both papers seemed to be relatively simple I don't think the grade boundaries will actually go too high because they've been relatively consistent and P2 and P3 are considered the more complicated papers (at least compared to P1)
    Hopefully grade boundaries aren't too high but I'm feeling reasonably confident - i counted through my marks at the end and if I'm lucky I should get around 52 for P2 and 46 for P3

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by adapttochangelad)
    Including yourself!
    takes 1 to no 1

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smile Generator)

please can you post it when you get it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 11Jason11)
    There was a question where it was like "What effect does this experiment show?"
    Am I the only person who put, The Motor Effect?
    Nope, I put that as well. Pretty sure it's right though because you had to use Flemings left hand rule in the question before which is about the motor effect not EM induction.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rumana101)
    please can you post it when you get it?
    I'll try

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 11Jason11)
    The roots of education are bitter, however the fruit is sweet.

Someone please explain this quote to me before it becomes the new gangnam style. Does I think it means what I think it means
    Lol haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abdalla__67)
    whoever has been affected by me, you are either inexperienced or at a very young age if not your parents brought you up wrong, very poorly. I suggest you are not fooled and enchanted into my simple 7 year old tricks or someone else will exploit and harass you. Yes, i am serious, i admit i'm the troll. I am definitely not trolling now:d.

Also good luck in the future, joke i hope you fail ahahaha.
    shut up jesus omg people like you are so irritating

ReputationRep:
    where abouts was the question about where nuclear fusion occurs in everyday life!!!!!????? i don't remember answering it at all: which section/ how far through the paper was it?

ReputationRep:
    Which arrow did everyone put for the Flemming's left hand rule question?

Was it up or down? :s

ReputationRep:
    P2 near where it was taking about the positives of fusion

It was "In a star"

Posted from TSR Mobile

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.