Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emilyyou)
    After being rejected by my first interview last week (15 minutes after leaving the building), I've just been offered a place from my second interview yesterday! I am absolutely made up!😊😊
    Brilliant -- So happy for you!

ReputationRep:
    Anyone applying to Manchester Met for secondary History, check your emails.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gentlegiant)
    Thank that definetly has put my mind at ease, my interview took around 24hrs to go onto the system. I was told that they sent the email and it should either show up shortly afterwards or within a day.

At the end of the day if you have received an email from sussex for an interview you know its happening, and to be honest I put more weight on the emails than I do the UCAS Track, its down again from tomorrow to monday again and the system only gives you information like the course, provider and site code. Nothing really important, where as the email is usually full of info.

You put my mind at ease I hope this helps you.

I'm giving up on the UCAS system, received an interview invitation 2 days ago and it hasn't been put on UCAS yet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emilyyou)
    Thank you! Don't worry, no news is good news. Some unis just take longer than others 🙂
    Thanks I know. It's mainly because I'm doing a rather unusual subject so the uni needs time to confirm a placement for me in the local school. But still, the waiting game is not that fun.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by daisyhuang1230)
    Thanks I know. It's mainly because I'm doing a rather unusual subject so the uni needs time to confirm a placement for me in the local school. But still, the waiting game is not that fun.
    How interesting... What's the subject?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lambert87)
    How interesting... What's the subject?
    MFL : Mandarin with Spanish.

ReputationRep:
    Bit confused about something,

When I was interviewed at Sussex, they made me sign a declaration in which one of the statements was that, should I receive an offer, I had to reply to it within 10 working days.

I'm assuming this is the 10 working days after you get ALL your offers (which UCAS states on its website), and you don't have to reply separately?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by goldfishgirl)

When I was interviewed at Sussex, they made me sign a declaration in which one of the statements was that, should I receive an offer, I had to reply to it within 10 working days.

I'm assuming this is the 10 working days after you get ALL your offers (which UCAS states on its website), and you don't have to reply separately?
    I'm not sure, probably best to contact Sussex.

I really hope it's not separately...

ReputationRep:
    I don't think that's fair if not as its putting pressure on you to make a decision when you may not have replies or decisions back from your other choices, so you could feel rushed into making a decision that isn't actually the best one to make

ReputationRep:

Did they make everyone sign or just you ... (I'm thinking they might really want you).

ReputationRep:

Uel made us do this too. When I recieved an offer I called and asked them if I could have 15 days, as that would allow me to interview and hear back from UCL also, as I had already agreed to attend an interview there, and they said it was fine.

ReputationRep:
    Hi. Just wondering if anyone here has applied to Reading uni for primary PGCE? if so have you heard anything from them yet - even an acknowledgement email?

ReputationRep:
    My interview prep for next Wednesday is going so terrible and now I'm starting to really stress!

ReputationRep:
    I've been offered an interview at my first choice for next Wednesday!
    They have asked that we prepare for a group interview by researching about a growth mindset approach and how this will affect children's learning.
    Does anyone know of any good books, websites or resources that deal with this?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adam020020)
    Did they make everyone sign or just you ... (I'm thinking they might really want you).
    They made everyone sign it.

(Original post by BelleCL)
    I don't think that's fair if not as its putting pressure on you to make a decision when you may not have replies or decisions back from your other choices, so you could feel rushed into making a decision that isn't actually the best one to make
    Yeah that's my main worry. I've got an interview with KCL (my first choice) on Tuesday so I'd rather see how that goes before making any big decision!

(Original post by ChancedTravels)
    Uel made us do this too. When I recieved an offer I called and asked them if I could have 15 days, as that would allow me to interview and hear back from UCL also, as I had already agreed to attend an interview there, and they said it was fine.
    Ah so I'm not alone then. I might do the same and ring them up when their office is open.

ReputationRep:
    Just working on my written assignment notes for the interview next week.

Just taking a break and I was wondering, does anyone know of any current issues in primary education that I could talk about? They expect us to understand and know some!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jimbles)
    My interview prep for next Wednesday is going so terrible and now I'm starting to really stress!
    Why? Want to practice on me? I'm off work for a week?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jimbles)
    Just working on my written assignment notes for the interview next week.

Just taking a break and I was wondering, does anyone know of any current issues in primary education that I could talk about? They expect us to understand and know some!
    They are starting to introduce exams for primary school children... How about talk about that

Or... In the news today they are starting to introduce first aid to primary school kids as a compulsory topic

ReputationRep:
    They are starting to introduce exams for primary school children... How about talk about that

Or... In the news today they are starting to introduce first aid to primary school kids as a compulsory topic
    Oh nice! I'll look up those exam things! I also heard transition from primary to secondary is sometimes an issue so i may look and see if that is an issue!

Why? Want to practice on me? I'm off work for a week?
    Well for one second I think I understand what I need to prep, then the next I reread it and feel I might be doing my prep notes wrong!

ReputationRep:
    Went for an interview at Greenwich Uni on Wed and recieved an offer the next night, over the moon!. Anyone else?

Poll
Who do you think it's more helpful to talk about mental health with?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.