Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Apart from news from accommodation and term dates, has anyone received their
    DBS form back yet? Does anyone know if there is a facebook page for all of the
    new first years starting the a100 course this September?

Thank you x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pinkcalculator23)
    Apart from news from accommodation and term dates, has anyone received their
    DBS form back yet? Does anyone know if there is a facebook page for all of the
    new first years starting the a100 course this September?

Thank you x
    Haven't got my DBS back, but there is a Facebook group, and a group chat

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know if I have any luck applying to keels with these ukcat results:

VR 530
    QR 630
    AR 610
    SJ band 1
    Total 1760

Any advice appreciated !!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bailey432)
    Okay thanks!! First year was hard for me, but I think it was just a settling in phase, as after Christmas things really picked up for me The course is reeeeeally intense, but if it's what you want to do then you'll enjoy it

The roles and responsibilities form is something that I have been asked about several times now, and was not something that was required when I applied. However, I can help you as best I can

I think they are just looking to see that you are a team member and also have some experience in group work and potentially leadership, too. For this aspect in my personal statement I used the cadets as my example, as we had to work together as a team, but as I went up the rankings I had to take on a more leading role. I'd say use any examples you have and be able to relate them to medicine, making sure you state how the skills you gained (e.g. teamwork and communication) will benefit you as a doctor
    I successfully applied to Keele Med school last year as deferred entry for September 2017. I completed my roles and responsibilities form as part of my application and it is a massive part of the selection process. As you have worked in a health care environment for an extended period of time, you have put yourself in a great position! I worked and continue to do so as a HCA also and this meant I could put 400+ hours of experience which makes a good impression. Make sure to reflect on what you learnt from your experiences in your forms. Also look at the gmc 'qualities of a doctor' and try and think where you have shown these qualities in your experience and mention them. It may also be useful to start some volunteer work to show a range of experience. If you want any more advice about anything to do with the application process do not hesitate to ask! And good luck!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Climars)

VR 530
    QR 630
    AR 610
    SJ band 1
    Total 1760

Hiya! I applied to Keele last year for deferred entry commencing September 2017 - my ukcat was 633 which is relatively similar to you and I got a place. Generally they cut off the lowest 20% each year so it does vary but if you check out the cut off from past years, that should give you an idea. In my opinion you have a fair chance! Keele tend to focus more on their roles and responsibilities form VERY IMPORTANT! This is the main aspect of your application that will determine if you get an interview. Grades are also pretty important - do you mind me asking what a levels/As you achieved? Don't be discouraged and go for it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lilly24)
    Hiya! I applied to Keele last year for deferred entry commencing September 2017 - my ukcat was 633 which is relatively similar to you and I got a place. Generally they cut off the lowest 20% each year so it does vary but if you check out the cut off from past years, that should give you an idea. In my opinion you have a fair chance! Keele tend to focus more on their roles and responsibilities form VERY IMPORTANT! This is the main aspect of your application that will determine if you get an interview. Grades are also pretty important - do you mind me asking what a levels/As you achieved? Don't be discouraged and go for it!
    Thankyou!!
    I've just graduated with a 2.1 in physiology. I'm going to be applying as a graduate for the undergraduate course !

ReputationRep:
    Thankyou!!
    I've just graduated with a 2.1 in physiology. I'm going to be applying as a graduate for the undergraduate course !
    Congratulations! Best of luck to you and if you have any other questions about applications please don't hesitate to ask! Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    I'm applying for the medicine with health foundation course. Do you have a rough estimate on when the interviews will be taking place? Also, will the R&R form be sent to students applying for the medicine with foundation course as well?

ReputationRep:

VR 530
    QR 630
    AR 610
    SJ band 1
    Total 1760

Keele will automatically reject that score,according to their criteria.
    Amendment: Appologies, was looking at wrong ones,

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Theplace)
    Keele will automatically reject that score,according to their criteria.
    I'm not so sure they would I didn't do much better than that myself and I'm in the med school now.

They automatically reject on scores that are in the lowest 20% which I highly doubt yours are, However, Keele also do not give out interviews based on UKCAT, it's more weighted on your experiences and roles and responsibility form so depending how strong that is will decide for you your chances at Keele

ReputationRep:
    Please will someone tell me how to submit the form?! If I save it like it says it saves as 3 separate pages it doesn't save as one document

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, picking up this string very late but I have some questions about the interviews. I am happy to say that I have been invited in Jan, they say it will consist of 11 - 5min MMI stations. Can anyone shed some light on what these might involve?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, just received invitation for interview. Can anyone shed light upon the data handling test? and also what kind of grades were the offers requiring?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aspirated)
    Hi guys, just received invitation for interview. Can anyone shed light upon the data handling test? and also what kind of grades were the offers requiring?
    I have been to the interview earlier this month, however I do not think it would be fair to disclose exactly what it involved for the data test. I can confirm however that it was all based on clinical examples and was probably easier in general than the example questions. Just have a think about the sorts of day-to-day calculations Dr's might need to do in order to treat patients (In my experience the nurses actually do most of these sorts of things but there you go).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aspirated)
    Also look at this years thread http://email.mg2.thestudentroom.co.u...trj0fPYHtfmUmA

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 15, 2017

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.