Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dfradkin)
    Applied on nov4, still waiting for kings and nottingham. Anyone with an offer from them?
    I applied on nov 9 and received an offer from Nottingham on December 15. Waiting on kings as well. Where else did you apply to and have you heard back from them yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sop10)
    I applied on nov 9 and received an offer from Nottingham on December 15. Waiting on kings as well. Where else did you apply to and have you heard back from them yet?
    I have applied to Nottingham too, but I am not confident with my LNAT. How was yours?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JohnGreek)
    Nope, visited the offer holders' day and asked the admissions staff themselves during the meet-and-greet.
    Aaahh so you came in the end! I went too! How did you find it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by asgunsur)
    I have applied to Nottingham too, but I am not confident with my LNAT. How was yours?
    The MCQ went really well. However, I only wrote slightly over 300 words for my essay.. Would you happen to know nottingham's threshold for lnat? KCL, UCL, and Durham haven't replied and I'm worried it's due to my lnat.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sop10)
    Applied to Newcastle, UCL, King's, Bristol, Nottingham

Offers from Newcastle and Bristol, rejection from UCL due to LNAT - worried about King's and Nottingham now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sop10)
    The MCQ went really well. However, I only wrote slightly over 300 words for my essay.. Would you happen to know nottingham's threshold for lnat? KCL, UCL, and Durham haven't replied and I'm worried it's due to my lnat.
    No I don't actually but some claim that MCQ is the more important part.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dfradkin)
    Applied on nov4, still waiting for kings and nottingham. Anyone with an offer from them?
    (Original post by Solrac777)
    Anyone heard from Durham/Bristol?Posted from TSR Mobile
    (Original post by Student98x)
    Anyone heard from Nottingham or Warwick?
    I am still waiting for Durham and Nottingham. Starting to panic (even though I know I shouldn't) because they're my first and second choices so I desperately want an offer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kirblaw3)
    Less UKIP fangirling more Law talk please 😴
    Looool exactly what I was thinking ahahaha

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Offer from LSE for LLB in Laws! (A*AA) :banana:

I'll be helpful and post some details in the spoilers below. I hope that this will help both the prospective applicants and people who haven't heard back yet

Muh grades
    Spoiler:
    Show
    8A*s 1A in IGCSE (CIE exam board - school only did 9)
    4As 1B at AS level (B was in Further Maths, As in Single Maths, English Lit, Economics and History)
    4A*s predictions for A2 (Single Maths/English Lit./Economics/History)
    Timeline of emails with LSE
    Spoiler:
    Show
    22/09/2015 - UCAS Acknowledgement email
    08/10/2015 - LSE confirms application
    12/10/2015 - Confirmation that I meet requirements/2-week email
    26/10/2015 - 8-week email/ competition with other applicants in my cohort
    21/12/2015 - 4 week extension email + 2 week Christmas break email
    Today (22/01/2015) - Offer email + Offer Holders' Day invitation

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smithy-Smiths)
    Aaahh so you came in the end! I went too! How did you find it?
    My school didn't want to let me go, saying that I had too many absences this year, but I managed to persuade them to let me attend after all I think it was absolutely great, I loved UCL and how focused everyone was on building their CV and getting a good internship/job - it was certainly refreshing after certain pretensions I overheard at Oxford Law Faculty Open Day where everyone was super-academic and intellectual... Even the academic staff regarded their uni as a feeder for lawyers into top firms

ReputationRep:
    Just received an offer from Durham for law!!! Can't believe that my LNAT must have gone well. European applicant

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by connieiscrazy)
    I am still waiting for Durham and Nottingham. Starting to panic (even though I know I shouldn't) because they're my first and second choices so I desperately want an offer
    I haven't and they are my first choices too!! I'm really panicking !!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JohnGreek)
    My school didn't want to let me go, saying that I had too many absences this year, but I managed to persuade them to let me attend after all I think it was absolutely great, I loved UCL and how focused everyone was on building their CV and getting a good internship/job - it was certainly refreshing after certain pretensions I overheard at Oxford Law Faculty Open Day where everyone was super-academic and intellectual... Even the academic staff regarded their uni as a feeder for lawyers into top firms
    Are you firming UCL?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bobkata)
    Just received an offer from Durham for law!!! Can't believe that my LNAT must have gone well. European applicant

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Congrats! When did you apply? Still waiting on Durham

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mitchriding)
    Congrats! When did you apply? Still waiting on Durham
    Applied on November 18th and did my LNAT om 25th same month. Wish you good luck

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jedwards)
    Are you firming UCL?
    I've got a massive dilemma now... UCL vs LSE for Law - it shall be resolved when I visit LSE (for the first time lol)

ReputationRep:
    Which one is better for law - Durham or UCL? What do you think

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bobkata)
    Which one is better for law - Durham or UCL? What do you think

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Absolutely equal in terms of quality, reputation and job prospects. I would say it's down to where you want to end up afterwards. Highly likely you will be looking at London magic circle companies afterwards, if that's the case I would take the one-off Durham collegiate experience as you will anyway do the London life later. Also the Durham new law building has an amazing feel to it, if you haven't pyhsically been there the open day will swing it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crocface)
    Absolutely equal in terms of quality, reputation and job prospects. I would say it's down to where you want to end up afterwards. Highly likely you will be looking at London magic circle companies afterwards, if that's the case I would take the one-off Durham collegiate experience as you will anyway do the London life later. Also the Durham new law building has an amazing feel to it, if you haven't pyhsically been there the open day will swing it.
    In case ther is any doubt Durham voted best law school building in the world

http://www.cundall.com/News/Durham-L...the-World.aspx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Solrac777)
    Nice one, what As' and GCSES did you get?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm an international applicant, I took IGCSEs 2A1s and 7A2s. Haven't got my A level results yet. I took LNAT on 5 Jan.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: November 12, 2016

University open days

• University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Days - Exeter Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • University of Bradford
    Faculty of Health Studies Postgraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • Northumbria University
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.