Turn on thread page Beta

The Arsenal Thread XXIV watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SA-1)
    If we are to win the league we need a solid second half of the season.

Our penultimate game is vs City at the Ethiad, feel like we'll bottle under pressure

Posted from TSR Mobile
    2-0 last season?

Mentally we've been fine this season, or so far at least

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    2-0 last season?

Mentally we've been fine this season, or so far at least
    Olympiacos?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jimmy Seville)
    Olympiacos?
    Losing games because you haven't put a good enough performance is not the same as going 3-0 up to Anderlekt and finishing the game 3-3. I mean we haven't been consistent at all like I've said but our mental strength, especially in the big games has definitely improved.

Bar for Gabriel vs Chelsea **** sake

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    Losing games because you haven't put a good enough performance is not the same as going 3-0 up to Anderlekt and finishing the game 3-3. I mean we haven't been consistent at all like I've said but our mental strength, especially in the big games has definitely improved.

Bar for Gabriel vs Chelsea **** sake
    You should have known that you needed to win that/at least draw after the Zagreb result. Manner in which you lost was pretty dire conceding just after equalising.

That said it hasn't come to prime Arsenal bottling time of the season yet. Still 6 months left.

ReputationRep:
    So basically if our strongest 11 can limit Barcelona to 1-0 on aggregate, will it be progress made?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shawn_o1)
    So basically if our strongest 11 can limit Barcelona to 1-0 on aggregate, will it be progress made?
    I think everybody here would be impressed.

Can't see it happening in a million years, but I suppose the same could've been said before you outplayed Bayern bloody Munich...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shawn_o1)
    They won't with that stupid formation/line-up you suggested.

Back 3 with Mertesacker in the middle ffs

ReputationRep:
    You guys should just **** City on the counter like you did against United and Munich rather than try dominate them. Liverpool had fun doing that against them at the Etihad, think you guys did the same last season?

I fancy you guys to win this one; although no Sanchez may make make it a tad more difficult.

ReputationRep:
    Please show up today.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=3787305
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Lyrical Prodigy)
    Absolutely buzzing for tonight

Twitter will bang.
    Arsenal twitter is the best thing ever when Arsenal lose. It's not quite as entertaining when you win. At least I'll have something on the TL besides "why isn't LVG sacked yet"

Didn't expect you to be on Twitter!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    Arsenal twitter is the best thing ever when Arsenal lose. It's not quite as entertaining when you win. At least I'll have something on the TL besides "why isn't LVG sacked yet"

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Arsenal twitter and AFTV have eased the pain of many a defeat the last year or so. The light at the end of the tunnel after some pretty dismal away defeats to the likes of Swansea, Stoke etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah exactly, it helps sort of take your mind away from the pain of the defeat. I'd sacrifice a dry TL for a win tonight though!

And yup :yep:
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by ClockEnderAFC)
    Arsenal twitter and AFTV have eased the pain of many a defeat the last year or so. The light at the end of the tunnel after some pretty dismal away defeats to the likes of Swansea, Stoke etc.
    Yeh I follow all the big Arsenal Twitter accounts, hours of amusement.

Yeah exactly, it helps sort of take your mind away from the pain of the defeat. I'd sacrifice a dry TL for a win tonight though!

And yup :yep:
    City won't keep a clean sheet without Kompany. I reckon it'll be a score draw

Whats your @?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    City won't keep a clean sheet without Kompany. I reckon it'll be a score draw

Whats your @?
    Imagine I've been excited for this match for ages, would be so typical for us to **** it up :rolleyes: Fast start, miss chances, sucker punch by City.

I'll PM. Don't have many followers though relatively new

ReputationRep:
    Imagine I've been excited for this match for ages, would be so typical for us to **** it up :rolleyes: Fast start, miss chances, sucker punch by City.

Stop being pessimistic, LP

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SA-1)
    Stop being pessimistic, LP

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm sorry SA :sad:
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team

City don't usually play well at your ground afaik.

Sent you mine... anyone else from TSR on FT?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    City don't usually play well at your ground afaik.

Sent you mine... anyone else from TSR on FT?
    What's FT?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SA-1)
    What's FT?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Locking thread, ask him in the match thread if he doesn't reply yet

THREAD:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=3787305

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: October 7, 2016
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.