Turn on thread page Beta

HMRC Tax Professional and Operational Delivery Higher Officer Caseworker watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by daj19)
    Hey, over the phone she said it won't be an interview and would just be a giving in the forms and I'm not entirely sure on the start date but the people who began the O grad role last year had their start date as 02/11/15 so I'm guessing it might be around November but it might be better to ask them in person when you go in on the 6th.
    Thanks daj! I'm hoping the start date isn't that early, as I have to give *minimum* 1 month's notice (ideally 6 weeks) to my current employers, and I'm not handing my notice in until I have the formal offer and a start date. I'm also tied into a rental contract here in Southampton until the 5th of December, which is a real pain. But then to be honest, I applied so long ago (back in January) that they really shouldn't be surprised that people's circumstances might have changed and that they can't just drop everything.

My ideal start date would be sometime in the beginning of 2017, but I accept that probably isn't going to happen. I suppose it's pointless speculating - will just have to find out what the situation is in a couple of weeks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trj1989)
    I haven't heard anything since then. I am guessing they are conducting the checks in the background if they want a 20 day turn around it will be 5 days from COB tomorrow for me which would be 1/4 of the predicted time.
    Lol I can be almost 100% certain they're not conducting checks in the background.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by daj19)
    Was yours for the HO role? I was told that the HO role starts early October and O role starts in early November but I guess thats just me being optimistic!
    Yea it's for HO. I can virtually guarantee you won't be starting in October. I've spoken to my manager and they already know all 17 starting on 3rd October alongside myself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smaack)
    Yea it's for HO. I can virtually guarantee you won't be starting in October. I've spoken to my manager and they already know all 17 starting on 3rd October alongside myself.
    What location is that for? I would love to be one of those that starts on the 3rd. Is this for the 1321/16 application?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Escapalda lamen)
    What location is that for? I would love to be one of those that starts on the 3rd. Is this for the 1321/16 application?
    I'm in Manchester, and was on the csr/159/16 campaign. based on my experiences, I would expect a start in January.

ReputationRep:
    The 1320/16 campaign is being dealt with very differently in comparison to previous campaigns as they have engaged Manpower to conduct the preemployment checks rather than HMRC doing them themselves, which in the past has proven time consuming (hence the period of time Smaack incurred between receiving a provisional offer and a start date).

Since Manpower are doing the check and have stated that these will be completed within 20 working days (4 weeks), therefore taking us to w/c 17th October 2016, I would say that we are looking at a start date sometime at the end of November (based on 1 month notice period).

We just have to sit back and wait now!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rachie93)
    The 1320/16 campaign is being dealt with very differently in comparison to previous campaigns as they have engaged Manpower to conduct the preemployment checks rather than HMRC doing them themselves, which in the past has proven time consuming (hence the period of time Smaack incurred between receiving a provisional offer and a start date).

Since Manpower are doing the check and have stated that these will be completed within 20 working days (4 weeks), therefore taking us to w/c 17th October 2016, I would say that we are looking at a start date sometime at the end of November (based on 1 month notice period).

Have manpower been in touch with you? They wont have started the checks without requesting our information. They havent contacted me yet! So frustrating all the waiting around

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by slc2710)
    Have manpower been in touch with you? They wont have started the checks without requesting our information. They havent contacted me yet! So frustrating all the waiting around
    No I haven't been contacted by them yet other than to confirm my acceptance of the provisional offer.

ReputationRep:

I would still say that's too positive for this. The communication between HR and the managers you go to is really, really bad. My managers only knew my name from my email address, and didn't have access to any information. I can only say this is going to get even worse with the flow of information going from Manpower to HMRC HR to training managers. By the way we spoke during our chat, it is not a good system currently in use.

I want to be careful what I say, but there are also issues regarding the training course changes that are happening right now. I start in just over a week, and my course isn't completely set in stone yet!

ReputationRep:
    Hi all,

I have been offered a HO position in WMBC (Wealthy and mid-sized compliance) at Croydon and I am due to start on Monday 3rd October. However, I would like to swop with someone who has been offered a HO position (doesn't matter which department) at Stratford ideally or Euston Tower.

It doesn't matter if your start date is later, I am willing to wait as long as you are willing to start earlier.

Thank you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maqueel)
    Hi all,

I have been offered a HO position in WMBC (Wealthy and mid-sized compliance) at Croydon and I am due to start on Monday 3rd October. However, I would like to swop with someone who has been offered a HO position (doesn't matter which department) at Stratford ideally or Euston Tower.

It doesn't matter if your start date is later, I am willing to wait as long as you are willing to start earlier.

Thank you
    Which campaign are you from? Most of the recent people in this thread are from the 1320/16 campaign and we are waiting for our checks to be conducted before we even find out start dates & locations.

My guess is that if you wish to change location you would be best speaking to someone at HMRC rather than asking on this thread as it is outside our control!

ReputationRep:
    Which campaign are you from? Most of the recent people in this thread are from the 1320/16 campaign and we are waiting for our checks to be conducted before we even find out start dates & locations.

My guess is that if you wish to change location you would be best speaking to someone at HMRC rather than asking on this thread as it is outside our control!
    I am from the February campaign for the same role but was given a very delayed start date.

ReputationRep:
    How the hell do I proceed here? It won't let me go through to the next bit unless I've put in a DATE TO date, but I'm still living in this address and it won't let me leave it blank?
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by itsmyname)
    How the hell do I proceed here? It won't let me go through to the next bit unless I've put in a DATE TO date, but I'm still living in this address and it won't let me leave it blank?
    Just put in today's date... that's what I will do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maqueel)
    Just put in today's date... that's what I will do.
    You sure? I emailed them on Friday and still waiting to hear back from them about this

ReputationRep:
    You sure? I emailed them on Friday and still waiting to hear back from them about this
    I cant remember which question, but I remember doing something similar for a question. Good luck on hearing back from them. I would say, give it upto 10 working days, if they dont get back, just deal with it.

ReputationRep:
    I'd put into today's date if there is no till present tick box

ReputationRep:
    Have you been contacted by Manpower for your checks? Is that what this is that you're filling in?

ReputationRep:
    Have you been contacted by Manpower for your checks? Is that what this is that you're filling in?
    Nope this is the initial application

ReputationRep:
    None of us from 1320/16 have been contacted yet..

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

Featured recruiter profiles:

HM Treasury logo

Policy adviser grad scheme

"Shape the UK’s future and your skills."

Quick link:

Unanswered public sector threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.