Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Struggling with revision? Join the TSR session every hour!! From 7am-2am. watch

ReputationRep:
    I managed to complete the Menstrual/Oestrus cycle earlier than the allocated time, so made a small start on DNA technology and have written some notes on how reverse transcriptase works. Will continue with it and hopefully finish in the next block at 6:00pm.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gracemarielewis)
    Do many people work while doing A-Levels? I'm working 32 hours this week coming
    32 hours. O_O That's so much.. will you get/ask for study leave/similar once we're close to the exams?
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Welcome Squad
    I'm back! I managed to remember about 1/10 of my whole French writing for my CA within 30 minutes - which I am happy about since I am not the memory type. I am going to join the next session expecting to have remember 3/10 - 4/10 of my writing.

ReputationRep:
    :work: 6:00pm. :work:
    ~Logging out time!~

Okay- I'm going to try and finish off the rest of what I started in the last block and also complete the In vivo gene cloning stuff. I should have some time left over so then I'll move onto either chemistry or maths bc I think I've done enough of Biology for today.

ReputationRep:
    I'm gonna aim to finish notes on photosynthesis by the end of this study block!

ReputationRep:
    I'll be finishing at least one chapter in my Chemistry notes, and finishing my English essay if I can.

ReputationRep:
    Done with EPQ work for today, I'll catch up with it tomorrow. Right now, I'm gonna make bio flashcards on muscle contraction.

ReputationRep:
    I started at 7:15 rather than 6:00 bc I had to have dinner but I managed to complete DNA technology which means I have finisheddddddd making all my Bio unit 5 notes. :woo: I'm going to take a long break now bc I feel like I deserve it and restart in the 10:00pm block.- Maybe I'll do a Maths past paper.. haven't decided.

ReputationRep:
    I have done absolutely nothing today and I feel extremely guilty.
    But I shall make a start on my Brit Romanticism essay because I need to spend the majority of next week doing my Victorian Lit essay.
    I also have reading/notes to do for classes for both seminars (which are on Monday and Tuesday).
    Gotta love having a fever.

Kill me pls.
    Pls.
    Do it.
    Do it now.

ReputationRep:
    I will start at 10 too, am going to do differentiation and Economics revision.

Am gonna fail the test anyway tbh, am lucky I've got 40% in all of these already and in the first year so it doesn't matter too much but still :emo:

In Plag we trust :yep:

ReputationRep:
    I have a MAJOR issue right now!!!!
    So i begged my dad to buy me a new ICT textbook, my school doesn't have enough copies of the Second edition yet for everybody. Anyways, i had it and I read it this week, but now I CANT FIND IT. I just reorganized my room and now i can't find it!!!!
    I only have the old textbook but i feel like it wont be as effective for my exam on Tuesday...
    Dose anyone have any idea what I can do right now?? Any links to help me revise and all?? I REALLY WANT TO GET AN A*!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Today I thought it was working and knew I was going out so didn't anticipate doing a lot if anything.

Turned out my work messed the rota up and I wasn't working so I went home after an hour and took the dog for a walk.

I marked my C4 paper. Got 25/48 on the questions I did, need to learn differential equations and revise vectors. Some of the trigonometry questions were different to what I'd done so that put me off.

Then I answered exam questions on DNA analysis (PCR, gel electrophoresis etc). I will mark tomorrow.

So total work about an hour. I will revise C4 mainly tomorrow and mark/make notes on bio.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mochassassin)
    I have done absolutely nothing today and I feel extremely guilty.
    But I shall make a start on my Brit Romanticism essay because I need to spend the majority of next week doing my Victorian Lit essay.
    I also have reading/notes to do for classes for both seminars (which are on Monday and Tuesday).
    Gotta love having a fever.

Kill me pls.
    Pls.
    Do it.
    Do it now.
    Aw, well dw you've still got lots of time to change that Sass, bc today isn't over yet.

I hope you get better soon though. :hugs: Sending lots of virtual love + hugs for a speedy recovery. <3

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kingfrizzy)
    I have a MAJOR issue right now!!!!
    So i begged my dad to buy me a new ICT textbook, my school doesn't have enough copies of the Second edition yet for everybody. Anyways, i had it and I read it this week, but now I CANT FIND IT. I just reorganized my room and now i can't find it!!!!
    I only have the old textbook but i feel like it wont be as effective for my exam on Tuesday...
    Dose anyone have any idea what I can do right now?? Any links to help me revise and all?? I REALLY WANT TO GET AN A*!!!!!
    :console: I'm sorry to hear that! Is it the real thing? O_O Would it be possible to re-purchase it before then?

ReputationRep:
    :work: 10:00pm. :work:
    ~Logging out time!~

I'm going to get myself some food then I'm going to spend 15 mins going over C1 class notes and then complete a past paper. Really don't want to lose silly marks this time especially bc it's supposed to be the easiest exam. :sad:

ReputationRep:
    :yes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anon_98)
    Aw, well dw you've still got lots of time to change that Sass, bc today isn't over yet.

I hope you get better soon though. :hugs: Sending lots of virtual love + hugs for a speedy recovery. <3
    I still haven't started it. Damn Couchtuner and damn HTGAWM. DAMN NEW EPISODES OF GOOD TV SHOWS and DAMN DAIRY MILK OREO and PROCRASTINATION!
    Thank you so much, you're sweet as always! <3

Best of luck with the past paper. You got this! :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mochassassin)
    I still haven't started it. Damn Couchtuner and damn HTGAWM. DAMN NEW EPISODES OF GOOD TV SHOWS and DAMN DAIRY MILK OREO and PROCRASTINATION!
    Thank you so much, you're sweet as always! <3

Best of luck with the past paper. You got this! :woo:
    Oh well that's still okay - you will start it in this block though, right? :nutcase: You absolute addict. :rofl: TV SHOWS CAN WAITTTTT. :fuhrer: Maybe feed yourself a square of oreo chocolate stuff every time you write a sentence.(i secretly mean paragraph) - That way it'll be a win- win and motivation has beeen regainedddd. :bubbles:

Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    ok..... Im alive

I did approx. 6 hours of maths today, gonna now do a core 1 paper and hopefully followed by some stats

sick.

ReputationRep:
    Okay, no. I have a really bad headache. I went over the stuff but I did, like, one past paper question then just sat in silence eating biscuits for half an hour to try and cure it bc I didn't really want to take any medicine. It didn't work.

Why does my body have to be so sensitive. >.>

Oh well- I'll just try and complete it tomorrow morning instead.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful revision links

Articles

Writing revision notes

Our top revision articles

Tips and advice on making the most of your study time.

Boomarked book

Superpowered study

Take the hard work out of revising with our masterplan.

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Can you help? Study Help unanswered threadsStudy Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.