Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The TSR Musicians & Artists Thread Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Andy98)
    It time stamps automatically - it's part of the metadata in every file you create.

That sounds interesting I shall try to get to an open day

Posted from TSR Mobile
    The song writing room is 103 but check your own paper they give you incase it has changed. The head of songwriting is called Becky Jones
    It was really good because i learnt so many things from her and your not just learning songwriting its performing , making your own music using the computer software and Many other things too and they help people to find jobs within the industry with all their contacts.
    Ring tfl for your nearest buses to get there to Fulham and ring Bimm for directions.
    If you sit on the top seats on the bus you will see the wholefoods shop and thats where you get off
    Bimm music college is round the corner from Wholefoods shop
    Im not sure where your coming from but i got 149 bus to Dalston station, then outside the station you get 38 bus to Green Park then get number 14 bus to Fulham station and wholefoods shop is past Fulham station
    Or you can get number 14 bus outside Islington, Angel station

I would reccommend anyone to go to the open day and go to the songwriting room
    And its a great day out. I chose my appointment for 10 30am so i could go to the west end afterwards. If you sit on the top of the bus you can see all the shops so you will see the Rainforest cafe which has life size animated gorilla & other animals
    They sell hamburgers and chips in there. The Trocadero which are unusual shops and bowling ,etc and The Royal London college of music. You can watch free music recitals or concerts in there but you have to find out what days they are on and i thinks its classical music. But you will see all that on the bus so i'm glad i took the bus all the way and not the train or i would not have seen all that on the bus. So on your way back go into all those places and make a nice day out from it. If you go with friends, family its even better. Some people came with their parents so if someone has no friends to go with they can bring family but you have to book your appointment for the open day online first then a few days before the open day they ring to remind you to come because it is so popular. If they had not rung me to remind me i would not have rememered.
    Make sure you leave 30 minutes or 1 hour early because i was late so i missed quite a lot because i only saw the last 10 minutes before it ended so i was really pissed off i did not leave home at least 30 minutes earlier so i was lucky there was not a lot of traffic or i would have missed the whole thing.
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Judge Judy)
    The song writing room is 103 but check your own paper they give you incase it has changed. The head of songwriting is called Becky Jones
    It was really good because i learnt so many things from her and your not just learning songwriting its performing , making your own music using the computer software and Many other things too and they help people to find jobs within the industry with all their contacts.
    Ring tfl for your nearest buses to get there to Fulham and ring Bimm for directions.
    If you sit on the top seats on the bus you will see the wholefoods shop and thats where you get off
    Bimm music college is round the corner from Wholefoods shop
    Im not sure where your coming from but i got 149 bus to Dalston station, then outside the station you get 38 bus to Green Park then get number 14 bus to Fulham station and wholefoods shop is past Fulham station
    Or you can get number 14 bus outside Islington, Angel station

I would reccommend anyone to go to the open day and go to the songwriting room
    And its a great day out. I chose my appointment for 10 30am so i could go to the west end afterwards. If you sit on the top of the bus you can see all the shops so you will see the Rainforest cafe which has life size animated gorilla & other animals
    They sell hamburgers and chips in there. The Trocadero which are unusual shops and bowling ,etc and The Royal London college of music. You can watch free music recitals or concerts in there but you have to find out what days they are on and i thinks its classical music. But you will see all that on the bus so i'm glad i took the bus all the way and not the train or i would not have seen all that on the bus. So on your way back go into all those places and make a nice day out from it. If you go with friends, family its even better. Some people came with their parents so if someone has no friends to go with they can bring family but you have to book your appointment for the open day online first then a few days before the open day they ring to remind you to come because it is so popular. If they had not rung me to remind me i would not have rememered.
    Make sure you leave 30 minutes or 1 hour early because i was late so i missed quite a lot because i only saw the last 10 minutes before it ended so i was really pissed off i did not leave home at least 30 minutes earlier so i was lucky there was not a lot of traffic or i would have missed the whole thing.
    Be easier for me to drive considering I've got about 200 miles to go.

Otherwise it does sound quite interesting

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    https://soundcloud.com/user-840336399/final-trajectory
    Just had a play around in Ableton .
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XOR_)
    https://soundcloud.com/user-840336399/final-trajectory
    Just had a play around in Ableton .
    How talented can you be I suck, every considered a career in music?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rhythmical)
    How talented can you be I suck, every considered a career in music?
    Thanks, I'm sure your good..
    Nope, I'd prefer to keep it as something for fun.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XOR_)
    Thanks, I'm sure your good..
    Nope, I'd prefer to keep it as something for fun.
    I hear you, if I did it as a career I think it wouldn't be as fun and it would become tiresome and you'd be doing something you enjoyed for the sake of it. And plus it's so hard to crack.

ReputationRep:
    I hear you, if I did it as a career I think it wouldn't be as fun and it would become tiresome and you'd be doing something you enjoyed for the sake of it. And plus it's so hard to crack.
    Not to mention having to either stick to one style for an album or, doing plenty of styles for say game/movie osts but not getting a pick at which.

ReputationRep:
    x
    Any more music quizzes coming up?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XOR_)
    Not to mention having to either stick to one style for an album or, doing plenty of styles for say game/movie osts but not getting a pick at which.
    I know, that's why it's almost just best doing it alone solo without a record label but the thing is, music is very hard to break and only a fantasy/dream for some. If you have more and contacts then it's easier but it takes a lot to make it.

(Original post by Matrix123)
    Any more music quizzes coming up?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That depends, I don't have that much free time sadly due to coursework but last time the quiz didn't go down too well, I think I may try something else.

ReputationRep:
    I know, that's why it's almost just best doing it alone solo without a record label but the thing is, music is very hard to break and only a fantasy/dream for some. If you have more and contacts then it's easier but it takes a lot to make it.

That depends, I don't have that much free time sadly due to coursework but last time the quiz didn't go down too well, I think I may try something else.
    Oh OK. Of course, coursework comes first! Good luck with that OK, I look for to finding out what this new idea will be

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    https://soundcloud.com/user-840336399/dynamic
    , some weekend fun .

ReputationRep:
    Loving the slightly jazzy feel.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Always good as ever, my favourite of yours has to be Final Trajectory

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheHaunted.)
    Loving the slightly jazzy feel.
    Always good as ever, my favourite of yours has to be Final Trajectory
    Thanks guys .
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    We are back

ReputationRep:
    We are back

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Fancy lending me a hand by providing backup vocals? :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    Woahhh I was not expecting you to ask me that! :shock: I don't want to ruin whatever you're working on :noway:
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Matrix123)
    Woahhh I was not expecting you to ask me that! :shock: I don't want to ruin whatever you're working on :noway:
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    What did you expect? At the moment I'm ruining my track by singing on it, I heard your voice is one of a kind. :daydreaming:
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    What kind of song?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 31, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    How are your GCSEs going so far?
    Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.