Summer 2017 Applications

Announcements Posted on
TSR looking different to you this week? Find out why here. 02-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    Anybody knows what kind of questions are going to be asked in the Barclays video interview?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by juventus100)
    have you looked at the positions available online? I can only see 2 roles available - 'banking off cycle internship' and 'quant analytics off cycle'.

Do you know whether they are doing separate IBD vs S&T positions or is everything bundled into the 'banking off cycle internship' and we just apply for that lol
    I think Banking refers to IBD, and S&T is normally listed separately under Trading I believe. If it is not listed, then it normally means they are not hiring, but perhaps someone else can confirm.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Commercial Paper)
    I think Banking refers to IBD, and S&T is normally listed separately under Trading I believe. If it is not listed, then it normally means they are not hiring, but perhaps someone else can confirm.
    Think they split S&T into Sales, Trading, Structuring etc.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by katuok)
    Even if you haven't applied since last year? Which banks state that? I have only seen it for Credit Suisse
    And even CS won't reject you without comparing the two profiles and seeing if they're actually duplicates.

ReputationRep:
    hmm...i guess they aren't doing s+t off cycle then....they have the option to apply in their descriptions link for each division but only 'banking off cycle' comes up in available positions

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Turing)
    Definitely get them sent off in September. It's not worth delaying them just in the hope some person will fast track your application to first round interview. If you're a good candidate (plenty of experience/things to talk about and good course/university etc) you'll make it through to the first round interview usually. You can always network throughout October and then name drop in interviews/assessment centres.
    so you are saying its necessary to network to advance through later rounds? if so, how tf I network, because apart from sending off a bunch of cold messages who pretty much everybody ignores I have no idea

ReputationRep:
    Rejection from Lazard post-tests. Here it goes...

ReputationRep:
    Morgan Stanley auto rejection if failed tests?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Commercial Paper)
    What did people in final year decide to do about Barclays? Summer or off-cycle?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Also can't decide. I can go for one commencing in March only which means I'll have to compete with summer interns who will finish slightly before me. Also one guy at Barclays said to me that off-cycle should be done only if you can't do summer cause summer is the major source of ft analysts, but competition for off-cycle would be much lower...

ReputationRep:
    Anyone done the Barclays online interview? What is it like?

ReputationRep:
    Just got a test invite from DB.

I assume it is 18 questions from the posts above. Anyone know the cut off point? I am pretty convinced I got 8/12 in the PWC test but still didnt pass..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Proflash)

I assume it is 18 questions from the posts above. Anyone know the cut off point? I am pretty convinced I got 8/12 in the PWC test but still didnt pass..
    13/18 I would say.

ReputationRep:
    How long does Credit Suisse take to send tests? Been 24 hours and still have not got mine

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amelia_123)
    How long does Credit Suisse take to send tests? Been 24 hours and still have not got mine
    I got mine immediately

ReputationRep:

How long did it take after you submitted your application? People have said 3 days but others have said 1

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dante991)
    How long did it take after you submitted your application? People have said 3 days but others have said 1
    1 day. I am pretty skeptical on whether they reviewed it or if its an auto reply to the tests. I applied for the grad programme in case that be the reason.

ReputationRep:
    1 day. I am pretty skeptical on whether they reviewed it or if its an auto reply to the tests. I applied for the grad programme in case that be the reason.
    DB always does a quick review before sending tests..

ReputationRep:
    Is BAML IBD not open?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by S_12345)
    Is BAML IBD not open?
    Apparently it's not... S&T is closed as well.

ReputationRep:
    Does anybody put GCSEs down?

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 8, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
How are you feeling about doing A-levels?
Useful resources
Study resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.