The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I've never heard of them ... :ninja:

Thanks for the rep Rudrax.. now that you've repped me, I'm safe saying that Queens really isn't good at all for 28 days ... :ninja:
Reply 1561
K.T.
Well I love the new stuff, so I'd say good - it was mostly new stuff tbh, but there were a couple of classics thrown in for good measure :biggrin: This was at a festival rather than a single band gig, so the mix might be different for you. Go for it though.

I like their new stuff too, but always with artists I like it's 'damn why didn't I like them earlier because I'd really love to hear x y z live'. Sometimes they encore old stuff though, so not all hope is lost...

Which festival(s) were you at?
Reply 1562
Oh, a bunch - I banged on about them all Summer. I saw Goldfrapp at Hydro Connect, which was up in Inveraray.
Reply 1563
Vesicle
Good, bad? How much old stuff did they play?

oh, and I wanted to say- stalked th fez site, and it looks really cool generally for club nights. Hot Chip, and Twisted Tokyo

I know - Hot Chip! :teeth:

There's a gig spot called KOKO in Camden that looks *super* exciting though - I'm really into American indie/alternative (don't ask why, it just happened) & they've got two of my fav bands playing in Oct/Nov. I've already got tickets for the Of Montreal gig on the 16th, & I'm just hoping I can round up some peeps to come to the Uh Huh Her gig in Nov *crosses fingers*. Aaah, music :love:
Reply 1564
thegluups

Thanks for the rep Rudrax.. now that you've repped me, I'm safe saying that Queens really isn't good at all for 28 days ... :ninja:

And I have 28 days to build up my neg :colone:

I was showing my grandad, who's very elderly and very Indian, pictures of Cambridge and the only college that earned a response was Trinity, which he described as 'jubri' which roughly translates to audacious. Lol.
Right, bed.
Reply 1566
K.T.

There's a gig spot called KOKO in Camden that looks *super* exciting though - I'm really into American indie/alternative (don't ask why, it just happened) & they've got two of my fav bands playing in Oct/Nov. I've already got tickets for the Of Montreal gig on the 16th, & I'm just hoping I can round up some peeps to come to the Uh Huh Her gig in Nov *crosses fingers*. Aaah, music :love:

ah cool. But I shall be so poor at uni. But I do have a firend who has a flat in London...so we shall see... I'm very eclectic in my music taste, but can't say I know that much American Indie...except Belle and Sebastian, Neutral Milk Hotel (I think).

anyway, I'm out--> bed
Reply 1567
Vesicle
ah cool. But I shall be so poor at uni. But I do have a firend who has a flat in London...so we shall see... I'm very eclectic in my music taste, but can't say I know that much American Indie...except Belle and Sebastian, Neutral Milk Hotel (I think).

anyway, I'm out--> bed

THEY'RE FROM GLASGOW! :eek:

Sorry, minor patriotic freak out there.
K.T.

There's a gig spot called KOKO in Camden that looks *super* exciting though

Oh. My school was about 5 mins walk from KOKO and I walk past it almost every day. I've never actually been though.
Rudrax
And I have 28 days to build up my neg :colone:

I was showing my grandad, who's very elderly and very Indian, pictures of Cambridge and the only college that earned a response was Trinity, which he described as 'jubri' which roughly translates to audacious. Lol.

Haha

No thats not spamming ... :ninja:
Reply 1570
LJoll
Oh. My school was about 5 mins walk from KOKO and I walk past it almost every day. I've never actually been though.

You've just destroyed me. I'm sooooo jealous :frown:
Reply 1571
thegluups

Just for you...

If you don't love them after this, you have no ears :no:
I have no idea what you guys are talking about... are those british indie music groups?

*turns Nickelback CD volume up ... :ninja: *

I'm off to bed, so see you tomorrow...
K.T.
Just for you...

If you don't love them after this, you have no ears :no:

Thanks, will listen to it tomorrow morning (my dad's asleep next door, so waking me up might not be a good idea... especially as he's driving me to Cam tomorrow... :angel:
Reply 1574
Belle & Sebastian are, Neutral Milk Hotel are from the US. Nickelback's alright though - I just tend to prefer to listen to music I can't hear on the radio.

Night all.
Guys... I go to watch Pan's Labyrinth and return to find you've spammed up 8 pages?! Good film, anyway.

Belle and Sebastian are amazing. I loves them with all my heart :love:
Reply 1576
*thumbs up*
& yeah, I had a lot to do with that...
I have Belle and Sebastian on my iPod, but I don't think I've ever listened to them.

Currently, I have an addiction to O.A.R.
Reply 1578
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I can't believe I forgot about Pan's Labyrinth! I've tried to watch that film about 8 times and everytime I've never managed to start it. Argh. I'm so gutted.
Rudrax
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I can't believe I forgot about Pan's Labyrinth! I've tried to watch that film about 8 times and everytime I've never managed to start it. Argh. I'm so gutted.

I've got it on my computer if you want...

Latest

Trending

Trending