Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I've never heard of them ... :ninja:

Thanks for the rep Rudrax.. now that you've repped me, I'm safe saying that Queens really isn't good at all for 28 days ... :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by K.T.)
    Well I love the new stuff, so I'd say good - it was mostly new stuff tbh, but there were a couple of classics thrown in for good measure This was at a festival rather than a single band gig, so the mix might be different for you. Go for it though.
    I like their new stuff too, but always with artists I like it's 'damn why didn't I like them earlier because I'd really love to hear x y z live'. Sometimes they encore old stuff though, so not all hope is lost...

Which festival(s) were you at?

ReputationRep:
    Oh, a bunch - I banged on about them all Summer. I saw Goldfrapp at Hydro Connect, which was up in Inveraray.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vesicle)
    Good, bad? How much old stuff did they play?

oh, and I wanted to say- stalked th fez site, and it looks really cool generally for club nights. Hot Chip, and Twisted Tokyo
    I know - Hot Chip! :teeth:

There's a gig spot called KOKO in Camden that looks *super* exciting though - I'm really into American indie/alternative (don't ask why, it just happened) & they've got two of my fav bands playing in Oct/Nov. I've already got tickets for the Of Montreal gig on the 16th, & I'm just hoping I can round up some peeps to come to the Uh Huh Her gig in Nov *crosses fingers*. Aaah, music :love:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thegluups)

Thanks for the rep Rudrax.. now that you've repped me, I'm safe saying that Queens really isn't good at all for 28 days ... :ninja:
    And I have 28 days to build up my neg

I was showing my grandad, who's very elderly and very Indian, pictures of Cambridge and the only college that earned a response was Trinity, which he described as 'jubri' which roughly translates to audacious. Lol.

ReputationRep:
    Right, bed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by K.T.)

There's a gig spot called KOKO in Camden that looks *super* exciting though - I'm really into American indie/alternative (don't ask why, it just happened) & they've got two of my fav bands playing in Oct/Nov. I've already got tickets for the Of Montreal gig on the 16th, & I'm just hoping I can round up some peeps to come to the Uh Huh Her gig in Nov *crosses fingers*. Aaah, music :love:
    ah cool. But I shall be so poor at uni. But I do have a firend who has a flat in London...so we shall see... I'm very eclectic in my music taste, but can't say I know that much American Indie...except Belle and Sebastian, Neutral Milk Hotel (I think).

anyway, I'm out--> bed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vesicle)
    ah cool. But I shall be so poor at uni. But I do have a firend who has a flat in London...so we shall see... I'm very eclectic in my music taste, but can't say I know that much American Indie...except Belle and Sebastian, Neutral Milk Hotel (I think).

anyway, I'm out--> bed
    THEY'RE FROM GLASGOW! :eek:

Sorry, minor patriotic freak out there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by K.T.)

There's a gig spot called KOKO in Camden that looks *super* exciting though
    Oh. My school was about 5 mins walk from KOKO and I walk past it almost every day. I've never actually been though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rudrax)
    And I have 28 days to build up my neg

I was showing my grandad, who's very elderly and very Indian, pictures of Cambridge and the only college that earned a response was Trinity, which he described as 'jubri' which roughly translates to audacious. Lol.
    Haha

No thats not spamming ... :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LJoll)
    Oh. My school was about 5 mins walk from KOKO and I walk past it almost every day. I've never actually been though.
    You've just destroyed me. I'm sooooo jealous

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thegluups)

Just for you...

If you don't love them after this, you have no ears :no:

ReputationRep:
    I have no idea what you guys are talking about... are those british indie music groups?

*turns Nickelback CD volume up ... :ninja: *

I'm off to bed, so see you tomorrow...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by K.T.)
    Just for you...

If you don't love them after this, you have no ears :no:
    Thanks, will listen to it tomorrow morning (my dad's asleep next door, so waking me up might not be a good idea... especially as he's driving me to Cam tomorrow... :angel:

ReputationRep:
    Belle & Sebastian are, Neutral Milk Hotel are from the US. Nickelback's alright though - I just tend to prefer to listen to music I can't hear on the radio.

Night all.

ReputationRep:
    Guys... I go to watch Pan's Labyrinth and return to find you've spammed up 8 pages?! Good film, anyway.

Belle and Sebastian are amazing. I loves them with all my heart :love:

ReputationRep:
    *thumbs up*
    & yeah, I had a lot to do with that...

ReputationRep:
    I have Belle and Sebastian on my iPod, but I don't think I've ever listened to them.

Currently, I have an addiction to O.A.R.

ReputationRep:
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I can't believe I forgot about Pan's Labyrinth! I've tried to watch that film about 8 times and everytime I've never managed to start it. Argh. I'm so gutted.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rudrax)
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I can't believe I forgot about Pan's Labyrinth! I've tried to watch that film about 8 times and everytime I've never managed to start it. Argh. I'm so gutted.
    I've got it on my computer if you want...

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.