Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by minthumbugs)
    Please tell me your name is tungsten or cobalt! or rubidium or krypton...I would love an element as my surname! I mostly get called Toblerone because people can't pronounce my surname :dry:

Nah, I'd wish it was Cobalt or Krypton. Certainly not Rubidium or Tungsten.

It's a more common one, but I pretty much got used to it to the point that I introduce myself with it. But since I got to uni, I got people to call me by my name.

ReputationRep:
    My name is Usama... and I cant pronounce my last name properly because of a speech impedement so it comes out sometimes as Baloni

What I do is when I tell people my name I know with too many people they make the link, I make a joke myself and after that they cant say too much

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by usamakhanlodhi)
    My name is Usama... and I cant pronounce my last name properly because of a speech impedement so it comes out sometimes as Baloni
    That is quite a speech impediment you have there if you can make those two words sound the same

ReputationRep:
    There's a guy on American Idol called Philip Phillips

ReputationRep:
    Someone at my school was called William Williams :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wolfy^)
    Nah, I'd wish it was Cobalt or Krypton. Certainly not Rubidium or Tungsten.

It's a more common one, but I pretty much got used to it to the point that I introduce myself with it. But since I got to uni, I got people to call me by my name.
    Copper? Gold? Silver? Iron? Lead?

I really want to know!

My own name is traditional, nothing wacky. I don't like my middle name at all, I'd like to add another one in, but I think I'd hurt my parents if I did that. I'll just live with it. At least it's only a middle name

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SilverArch)
    Copper? Gold? Silver? Iron? Lead?

I really want to know!

My own name is traditional, nothing wacky. I don't like my middle name at all, I'd like to add another one in, but I think I'd hurt my parents if I did that. I'll just live with it. At least it's only a middle name
    Screw what your parents think, it's not like you're changing your surname to deny you're their daughter or something

ReputationRep:
    Someone in my school called Orion O'Brien xD

ReputationRep:
    think of it as unique. :sexface:

edit: a guy at my school is called Gyulhan Ibromov

ReputationRep:
    I am called Roman, and it was pretty odd going to classics lessons.

My economics teacher told be about guy who worked in job centre and was called Mustaffa Job.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cardine92)
    Mine is Appleby, cue apple juice, apple tree, apple pie, lettuce-by(?!). I am definitely calling my first son Adam though.
    Adam's apple.

ReputationRep:
    My name is India, people are forever asking me if I'm Indian :facepalm:
    I also got 'Is your best friend Africa?' when I was younger, amongst other things

ReputationRep:
    Well Ben Dover is pretty bad imo. Not easy talking to girls without them thinking I'm some sort of pervert

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheSownRose)
    It makes me look as though I'm playing a joke every time I say my name...

Would be better if you were ginger.

ReputationRep:
    My first name is Ella-Bella. It's a painful moment when people see my passport, or college ID.

ReputationRep:
    My name is Ned, apparently it's Glaswegian for Chav. Since I live in Gloucestershire this doesn't present many issues.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheSownRose)
    Combined with Bush as a surname?
    OMG!! That is hilarious!

ReputationRep:
    I knew an Indian guy called Harddik once.. everyone got used to it after awhile though n stopped taking the mickey.

ReputationRep:
    Be unique dude, I'm 17 and don't even have a nice signiture..but I love my name, even though people take the mick out of it. WHO CARES.

ReputationRep:
    Rose, I know you must get quite a bit of stick for your name, but you can at least get some comfort from the fact that you've made me crack a genuine smile for the first time today Thank you.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.