How would you handle a mugger? Watch

Lizia
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Anyone who says they'd fight back against a guy with a knife is either a moron or...nope, just a moron. It's one thing to actually try and fight back in a panic in the heat of the moment, but to actually brag on the internet that you'd do so just makes you look pretty sad.
Forget_Me-not
Badges: 0
Report 9 years ago
kick him the balls...knee jerk reaction...:confused:
Forget_Me-not
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by justkillingtime)
Seriously though, what kind of idiot would ever try and mug someone without any weapon whatsoever?
lol..the type that have robbed banks with nothing more then a banana in the pocket ..:yes:
Age_of_Innocence
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I'd say there's more chance of getting mugged by two or more individuals than one, the experiences I've heard from friends suggest that anyway. So if it's you vs two of them, with knives, you don't have a lot of choice, unless you've got some wicked skillz.
AP.
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
If it were one guy I'd like to think I'd try to defend myself, providing he doesn't have a weapon. But most muggers mug in groups and often carry knifes and are more than willing to use them. So realistically, I wouldn't do an awful lot. Perhaps run away.
jafferz
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I'd comply, why not? It takes a bigger man to walk away from a confrontation unharmed..why stoop to their level and fight back? What does it gain? There is nothing to be gained from fighting over an insured phone which can be bricked in little than 10 minutes. Obviously if they were going to attack me after handing over my phone or my wallet...that's a different kettle of fish. I am currently training in martial arts but sometimes a mugging is just not worth the effort or the benefits..

Two reasons for my compliance:
1) It's safer...it means you will probably escape unharmed. All the goods are insured. I don't understand people who are willing to fight over a stupid Iphone!!

2) Unfortunately for a lot of knife wielding muggers...they're not that bright and although they may win in the physical ground getting my stuff... I happen to come from a family of techies...therefore if a guy takes my phone..no big deal..i track him with my technology software...he changes the sim card..no difference, i am alerted to the new number and soon with my modifying change..he factory resets the phone...i can still track it
Arturo Bandini
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by jafferz)
I happen to come from a family of techies...therefore if a guy takes my phone..no big deal..i track him with my technology software...he changes the sim card..no difference, i am alerted to the new number and soon with my modifying change..he factory resets the phone...i can still track it
so what's your excuse for replying to a 2009 thread?
Iron Lady
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Bang bang.
lmsavk
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Karl Pilkington says act mental:
"I just acted a bit mental..."
"I work at a printers an' I 'ave to cycle home for 5 hours..."
"I worked 'ard for these trainers!"
"How dare you come to me asking for my trainers!"
An' they'll look at you like, "OMG, got a right one 'ere" and they'll leave you.
"I just wenta bit mad..."
rock_climber86
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
if he had a weapon, give him anything he wanted! if it was a average build weaponless guy i'd try my luck beating him up

Posted from TSR Mobile
tory88
  • Study Helper
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
It obviously varies with the situation, but with a knife I'd likely go along with what they wanted. I train a martial art that includes realistic knife disarms etc. But the first thing you learn when practicing something like that is something can always go wrong and it isn't worth the risk. I reckon I could probably defend myself effectively if they attacked anyway, but is a phone or wallet really worth taking the chance? Unarmed I'll fight.
Aurora.Rose
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Probably just give him what he wanted, i'm not going to risk my life just for a phone or a small sum of money :cool:
deedee123
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
i'd give them everything i had straight away and start crying probably :lol:
MagicNMedicine
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Put on a Russian accent and then whistle and call out "Dimitri! Some stupid feck want to be taught lesson"
The Batman
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Throw my wallet to the side and then run. Chances are they'd be more interested in picking it up rather than running after me!

Posted from TSR Mobile
xMr_BrightSide
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Run like the wind. The old 'What's that over there?' or 'Oh, **** cops!' trick should give me a little head start :cool:
Lay-Z
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by yoyo462001)
if its 1 person then im not getting robbed, unless im totally cornered and even so i still liek my odds..more than one then im handing my stuff over unless theres a clear path that i can get the fudge outte there...
This, if I have anything worth a lot with me eg phone etc no chance id get robbed at knife point, gun point is a different matter but 9/10 times you know they don't have the balls

Posted from TSR Mobile
Captain Haddock
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Lay-Z)
This, if I have anything worth a lot with me eg phone etc no chance id get robbed at knife point, gun point is a different matter but 9/10 times you know they don't have the balls

Posted from TSR Mobile
What you don't realise is that at close range a knife is a lot harder to defend yourself against than a gun.
Kenan and Kel
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
tomclarky
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Pull my pants down and start touching him up. Hopefully he'll be so horrified he'll leave me alone.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (561)
37.68%
No - but I will (116)
7.79%
No - I don't want to (106)
7.12%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (706)
47.41%

Watched Threads