PwC summer internship 2010 Watch

Icy_Mikki
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Am I being dumb, how come there aren't any summer tax internships on their website? Have they all gone?!
Mustard-man
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Had an AC today. Instead of the group exercise it was individual since there was only two of us. It was very time-constrained and I didn't like it The rest was fine. Second interview is later since the AC was split in to two days, however, I'm not confident I passed the former part, might as well still go to experience the interview I guess.
Inflation
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Mustard-man)
Had an AC today. Instead of the group exercise it was individual since there was only two of us. It was very time-constrained and I didn't like it The rest was fine. Second interview is later since the AC was split in to two days, however, I'm not confident I passed the former part, might as well still go to experience the interview I guess.
Good on you getting the AC.

When did you apply? and what office?

Turdburger
Badges: 14
Report 9 years ago
Arg cant think of good examples of taking feedback and working to a deadline
Mustard-man
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Inflation)
Good on you getting the AC.

When did you apply? and what office?

I applied about a month ago, but it took ages for them to process my application because 1) they enquired why I applied for internship and I explained I was planning on doing a masters and 2) they asked me to provide university unit marks. So these took a while to rectify...

It was for Southampton.
teriaki
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I got my final round interview/AC coming up very soon and I just want to hear about the experiences of those who have already done this stage (as in what happened and what tips you have to give).

Also, those with offers- how long did it take for them to get back to you after the AC informing you of your success?
miseducated
Badges: 0
Report 9 years ago
How long did it take them to inform you whether you are successful in the phone interview? I had one today at 10 am and still haven't heard back from them.. Getting anxious now and I feel like I didn't answer the ACA question really well. I only said there are professional (knowledge and application modules) and advanced stages, 12 exams at the first stage, expect to clear in two years but I was asked what are the modules and I couldn't answer lol. Silly me for not typing those info as I was practically reading off my notes
teriaki
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by miseducated)
How long did it take them to inform you whether you are successful in the phone interview? I had one today at 10 am and still haven't heard back from them.. Getting anxious now and I feel like I didn't answer the ACA question really well. I only said there are professional (knowledge and application modules) and advanced stages, 12 exams at the first stage, expect to clear in two years but I was asked what are the modules and I couldn't answer lol. Silly me for not typing those info as I was practically reading off my notes
I got my reply on the day after. And what you said about the ACA was a lot more detailed than what I said and I passed that stage.

I got to the final AC and I think I did relatively decently but I didn't pass it and I don't agree that much with their reasons for failing me.
miseducated
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by teriaki)
I got my reply on the day after. And what you said about the ACA was a lot more detailed than what I said and I passed that stage.

I got to the final AC and I think I did relatively decently but I didn't pass it and I don't agree that much with their reasons for failing me.
That reminds me of my HSBC first year internship AC. I thought I did really well but when the feedback came I was shocked because I didn't agree with most of it. Sometimes I feel like it boils down to personality/chemistry or something. Oh wells, I have a KPMG interview next week so if this doesn't work out I'll focus 200% on that.
Dionis_antic
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
hey, i got email that i passed to the next stage for grad role after tests. However, i don't see any tasks in my account. I need to sort this out as soon as possible, because of the other offers. Shall I contact them?
In addition, those who secured already the place (assurance/tax) how was all recruitment process, are you satisfied? Im concerned because have to do so much work for uni and missed a lot due to those interviews/ac's..
Didn't it will be so stressful though I think it's my fault left everything too late.
Btw, for graduate role it is 1) one-to-one interview > 2) AC?
Dionis_antic
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I forgot to say that application was progressed to the next stage about a week ago. That's why I'm curious.
Pyscho
Report 9 years ago
Hey,
I have the initial interview in a couple of days (Graduate Audit), I was wondering if anyone had any advice other than what has already been said in this thread? Such as do they ask you to talk more about the company you spoke about in your application (the 500 word essay)? Is it frowned upon if you base the majority of your competencies on one or two experiences...

Also I saw someone earlier in the thread mentioned PIC, what is that?

Thanks!
Inflation
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Pyscho)
Hey,
I have the initial interview in a couple of days (Graduate Audit), I was wondering if anyone had any advice other than what has already been said in this thread? Such as do they ask you to talk more about the company you spoke about in your application (the 500 word essay)? Is it frowned upon if you base the majority of your competencies on one or two experiences...

Also I saw someone earlier in the thread mentioned PIC, what is that?

Thanks!
Know about the qualifications, more the better.
Pyscho
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Inflation)
Know about the qualifications, more the better.
Thanks,

I had my interview yesterday, and she actually asked me a few questions about the ACA, luckily I was able to answer them.
But I messed up in a few other areas particularly when asked to explain other service lines, so not confident at all...now for the five day wait!
adorified
Report 9 years ago
Thanks,

I had my interview yesterday, and she actually asked me a few questions about the ACA, luckily I was able to answer them.
But I messed up in a few other areas particularly when asked to explain other service lines, so not confident at all...now for the five day wait!
I had mine on a friday and they got back to me on a monday right after.. I actually thought I messed up because I wasn't confident (esp @ lines of service)..but I'm through, so dont worry, Im sure you've done well.

--
Any tips on Assessment day (Assurance, Summer Internship)? Does the partner interview involve a lot of commercial awareness? Any help/tips appreciated!
Inflation
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by adorified)
Any tips on Assessment day (Assurance, Summer Internship)? Does the partner interview involve a lot of commercial awareness? Any help/tips appreciated!
Mainly competency based.

Some people got asked about the UK Economy, how they would solve the problems.

And have 1/2 news articles you can talk about and relate to PwC.
Pyscho
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by adorified)
I had mine on a friday and they got back to me on a monday right after.. I actually thought I messed up because I wasn't confident (esp @ lines of service)..but I'm through, so dont worry, Im sure you've done well.

--
Oh ok thanks-I should be hearing from them soon either way then
Fingers crossed I have scraped through, but if I don't at least I will know where to improve on for next time...

Good luck for your assessment day - I've never been to one myself but from what I've read they do ask you some commercial awareness questions like business articles etc. For my 1st interview they asked me for 2 articles, so maybe prepare at least 2 in detail...
Maybe also be prepared to answer questions on credit crunch and how the government is tackling it etc.
itzme
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Hello,
I have been to a PWC insght day and ever since, i totally fell in love with the company! But problem is, although I am very interested in what goes on in the business world and enjoy reading business stories more than political ones - (I am doing an International relations degree and need ot keep up to date with political developments) - I have no relevant experience whatsoever. I only did temp jobs and I am currently a christmas casual at royal mail. I used to work for thorpe park and a patisserie - all 1 month contract. I wanted to be a treasurer, but the elections already took place in the uni soc i am part of. I really dunno how to show leadership skills and teamwork!!! Any advice? Dd u lot (who got offered an internship or grad positition) have a lot of responsible tasks to do ? I am currently a second year, so dunno if its too late for me.
adorified
Report 9 years ago
Oh ok thanks-I should be hearing from them soon either way then
Fingers crossed I have scraped through, but if I don't at least I will know where to improve on for next time...

Good luck for your assessment day - I've never been to one myself but from what I've read they do ask you some commercial awareness questions like business articles etc. For my 1st interview they asked me for 2 articles, so maybe prepare at least 2 in detail...
Maybe also be prepared to answer questions on credit crunch and how the government is tackling it etc.
I've never been to one either..I havent recieved any feedback yet though from my telephone interview. For mine, I got asked on 1 article but lots on pwc itself..ACA, the contract etc.

I'll prepare on the commercial awarness, thanks, and good luck to you too ^^
adorified
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by itzme)
Hello,
I have been to a PWC insght day and ever since, i totally fell in love with the company! But problem is, although I am very interested in what goes on in the business world and enjoy reading business stories more than political ones - (I am doing an International relations degree and need ot keep up to date with political developments) - I have no relevant experience whatsoever. I only did temp jobs and I am currently a christmas casual at royal mail. I used to work for thorpe park and a patisserie - all 1 month contract. I wanted to be a treasurer, but the elections already took place in the uni soc i am part of. I really dunno how to show leadership skills and teamwork!!! Any advice? Dd u lot (who got offered an internship or grad positition) have a lot of responsible tasks to do ? I am currently a second year, so dunno if its too late for me.
hey there! Well if you are interested, you could apply for the summer internships (to find out how its really like to work at pwc etc), and regarding the teamwork examples, you could mention some examples from group work or a project..or get involved with something for near future when you apply.

But I dont think you're late in applying
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (551)
37.82%
No - but I will (114)
7.82%
No - I don't want to (102)
7%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (690)
47.36%

Watched Threads