Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Just to clarify, there is no need to send a transcript unless they specifically request it, correct?

Also, does Edinburgh require three references total? :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brazilianrocker)
    No, I only needed the signed UCAS reference and informal verification of my SAT and AP scores, which was a scanned image of my AP grade report and the pdf of my SAT score from College Board.

And no you dont need to wait, just attach your UCAS ID that you get when you register in Apply to any documents you send and they will hold them on file until your application arrives.

I am disappointed by the lack of consistency in Edinburgh's information services =[
    Thanks! That's a relief. So you didn't even need to send transcripts? And yeah, they don't seem to be organized enough when it comes to international students which is surprising as it seems like they have quite a number of them. : (

(Original post by CluelessAmerican)
    Just to clarify, there is no need to send a transcript unless they specifically request it, correct?

Also, does Edinburgh require three references total? :/
    I think you should probably email your schools to see if they need it, as they all seem to differ. And no I guess Edinburgh doesn't...but they say they do. *shrug*

ReputationRep:
    Maybe this will help a bit...My email regarding US qualifications/requirements was redirected by the US admissions officer at Edinburgh to the College of Humanities and Social Sciences. I asked them if there was anything special I needed to send in, and this is what they said: "It would certainly be helpful if you could send me copies of your ACT/AP transcripts." Also, I emailed Durham to see if they would take my ACT score, as they only mention SAT score requirements on their website. They said it was no problem, and my ACT scores would be given equal consideration.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tzareenah)
    I think you should probably email your schools to see if they need it, as they all seem to differ. And no I guess Edinburgh doesn't...but they say they do. *shrug*
    Are you sure you haven't stumbled upon postgrad admission faq? Most universities in the UK wants 3 references when applying for graduate courses. I've been looking through the Edinburgh website and I can't find that information anywhere so I wonder if you have been dreaming? Can you please link it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by synvilla)
    Are you sure you haven't stumbled upon postgrad admission faq? Most universities in the UK wants 3 references when applying for graduate courses. I've been looking through the Edinburgh website and I can't find that information anywhere so I wonder if you have been dreaming? Can you please link it?
    I couldn't find it on the website either, so I emailed the US admissions officer and she sent me a document called FAQ for US UG apps which said I needed three references, but it's totally possible that it could have been titled wrong or something. As it's not on the website though I"m not going to send in the addtional two.

ReputationRep:
    Wow! Everyone is getting offers already. I still haven't sent in my application yet...
    I was wondering how people send in their AP and SAT scores?
    I went to the college board website and tried to request for official school report, but some universities are not listed. Should I just send in a photocopy of SAT and AP scores that were mailed to my house?

Help~!

ReputationRep:
    Only Edinburgh hinted at needing my SAT/AP/ACT scores, all the others didn't ask. Just enter it on UCAS, and the uni should ask you if they need official copies, though I don't think most do. Hope this helps!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by carolina92)
    Only Edinburgh hinted at needing my SAT/AP/ACT scores, all the others didn't ask. Just enter it on UCAS, and the uni should ask you if they need official copies, though I don't think most do. Hope this helps!
    Ah~ I see! Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    I just got a conditional offer for Edinburgh!!!!! I have to get two APs at 4 or higher, and send in a signed copy of my academic reference! I'm so excited, it was my first choice! Has anyone else heard anything yet?

ReputationRep:
    I've always been a good test taker (33 on the ACTs with no preparation. I know that's not UNGODLY good, but I was pretty happy with that) but it mildly worries me that the entire basis of me going to college is banked off me achieving certain marks on these tests.

I'm sure all of you who have taken many AP exams aren't nearly as nervous, but the idea of needing 5s and 4s, etc.. It's worrying. Anyone else stressed out by that?

ReputationRep:
    PS:

Neither of my schools who have offered me conditional offers seemed to care at all about my ACTs/SATIIs. Granted, I've no idea what goes on in the mind of the applicant-officers, but both offers were strictly "This GPA and These AP Scores". It didn't seem like the scores they were looking for were any lower/higher as a result of my previous exams, but rather about exactly what they mentioned on their sites for a typical offer. Perhaps they just saw my scores and knew they met their criteria, and moved on. Who knows. : P

ReputationRep:
    I'm concerned too Zouth but only need two fours, so I'm going to sign up for three tests and study my *** off! I'm a good test taker too, I improved my ACT 6 points by studying religously lol, but I agree it is worrying. I think we'll be okay though. There was nothing about my GPA in my offer though. I would be more worried if I need fives though lol.

ReputationRep:
    I just got a conditional offer for Edinburgh!!!!! I have to get two APs at 4 or higher, and send in a signed copy of my academic reference! I'm so excited, it was my first choice! Has anyone else heard anything yet?
    Congratulations!! I still haven't even applied yet...won't get my ACT scores until Tuesday, grrr. Just out of curiosity how important do you think the personal statement is as opposed to test scores? Because that's probably what I'm most worried about... =/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tzareenah)
    Congratulations!! I still haven't even applied yet...won't get my ACT scores until Tuesday, grrr. Just out of curiosity how important do you think the personal statement is as opposed to test scores? Because that's probably what I'm most worried about... =/
    Thanks I think they probably value test scores more, as they're more concrete. However, having a good personal statement is important too, and I bet a great PS could at least partially compensate for less than stellar test scores. I don't know though, I'm just assuming. My ACT scores were slightly embarassing as I didn't even meet the college readiness levil for the science section (by the end of the test I felt like my brain was fried, and the science part is soooo boring!) but I ended up with a composite score of 28 because I got a 36 on the English section. I never took the SAT :yes: Best of luck to you!

ReputationRep:
    Update: I emailed Edinburgh since their offer was for two APs, even though I already have one and they said they made a mistake. So, I now only need one AP @ 4 or higher. What a relief! :woo:

ReputationRep:
    I just got a conditional offer for Edinburgh!!!!!
    Congradulations. And dont worry about getting the 4 on your AP. For most tests if you have a pulse you get a 3. Just study a little harder and you'll be fine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brazilianrocker)
    Congradulations. And dont worry about getting the 4 on your AP. For most tests if you have a pulse you get a 3. Just study a little harder and you'll be fine.
    Thanks! I'm not too worried about it, though I'm not taking any AP classes at the moment :mmm: I still need to decide which ones I'm gonna take, and then I'll just get a guide book. I know plenty of people who've gotten fives that way, plus I'm graduating in Jan so I'll have plenty of time to study. Have you decided you're going to Edinburgh for sure, or are you still hoping to hear from another uni?

ReputationRep:
    It bothers me that Nottingham asked for two 5s for a BEng.

However, Portsmouth offered a lovely 533 or 443 offer, which I think is very obtainable.

Still waiting for Bath though. It's my first choice. In fact, it's where I daydream about when I think of Uni. I really hope they give me a chance to study there. I'd be like living in a dream..

Gah..

*swoons*

ReputationRep:
    i got a conditional offer from Newcastle today...85% in all my grade 12 courses

i've already completed chemistry (88%) and AP biology (93%).. so now i just have to get that in AP french (should hopefully be no problem), spanish (again should be no problem), english (should be able to scrape by), AP Calculus (ahhh!!!!), advanced functions (ehhh)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Selenaa)
    i got a conditional offer from Newcastle today...85% in all my grade 12 courses

i've already completed chemistry (88%) and AP biology (93%).. so now i just have to get that in AP french (should hopefully be no problem), spanish (again should be no problem), english (should be able to scrape by), AP Calculus (ahhh!!!!), advanced functions (ehhh)
    I'm so glad Edinburgh didn't make their offer based on my grades. I'm graduating in January, and now that I've gotten into my top school, I'm probably going to slack off even more. Normally my grades wouldn't be a problem, but I hate my chem and math classes. Congrats though!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 22, 2010
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources
US study forum

Accommodation profiles:

iQ Student Accommodation

iQ Student Accommodation

Great value student rooms in city centre locations all across the UK

X1 Lettings

X1 Lettings

Luxury student accommodation in Liverpool & Manchester.

Collegiate Accommodation

Collegiate Accommodation

"This is student living. Just better."

Scape Student Living

Study Inn

Providing stunning high quality, boutique student accommodation throughout the UK

The Student Housing Company

The Student Housing Company

Award-winning student accommodation - voted by 22,000 students.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.