Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lozz2601)
    Anybody else get the "there will be a delay" letter from Bristol today?

Sounds like it could be quite a while; and that it was fairly unexpected.
    Yeah I got one this morning, I wondered what it was going to be when it was postmarked Bristol!

The wait goes on

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alex0723)
    I got one of those last year from bristol, they said it would be 8 weeks but it actually took 4 months. Lesson to be learnt- never trust Bristol!
    Yehh they said 8 weeks originally this time round as well - looks like we're gonna be waiting a longgg time then!

ReputationRep:
    I got one of those last year from bristol, they said it would be 8 weeks but it actually took 4 months. Lesson to be learnt- never trust Bristol!
    Yeah i got a letter from Bristol saying the same - its gonna be a loooong wait!

ReputationRep:
    Ugh, eight weeks is doable.
    Longer = not cool.

ReputationRep:
    Wooo - Just got an email from UCAS.

Conditional Offer of AAA from Durham, Grey College! :woo:

ReputationRep:
    woww, nice one!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by boggybop)

Well Done! which Geography did you apply for and if you dont mind saying - what were your predicted grades?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by adamreed)
    Well Done! which Geography did you apply for and if you dont mind saying - what were your predicted grades?
    Thanks

I applied for BSc, course code F800, and my predicted grades were A*A*A, but in all honesty I don't think they're too fussed about predictions.

Good luck to everyone, I'm sure the offers will come flooding in!

ReputationRep:
    Congratulations! Thanks, I really hope so because Durham looks amazing!

ReputationRep:
    Geography... I haven't received an e-mail from Durham saying that my AES status has changed if that is what you mean, but I think it has only just changed. What did you apply for?
    I mean the moment I received the email about AES has already stated that my application has already passed on to the College. I applied for Combined Honours in Social Sciences, and I applied for Geography together with Social Anthropology in 2 other unis, but yea, mainly Geo.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jess_888)
    Lol I don't know what I'm talking about then. I might have been thinking about a different department Ah well. Sorry :o:

Congrats! How long did it take for them to give you the offer?

Ahhhhhh I started laughing when I got an acknowledgement from UCL at 6am this morning. I'm already getting impatient..
    exeter was soo quick.. they offered the day after they received my application

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by julia0915)
    exeter was soo quick.. they offered the day after they received my application
    LOL yup that is insane.

I got acknowledged by Exeter yesterday. Just so happens when I casually checked my email about 5pm (was just a coincidence I promise!!!) that I noticed I had an email. Said to myself, it's probably junk or an acknowledgement - my heart actually stopped when I realised it was a track update email. And..

I GOT AN OFFER FROM EXETER!!!!!!!!! eeeeeeeeeeeeeee :woo: so SO happy

ReputationRep:
    LOL yup that is insane.

I got acknowledged by Exeter yesterday. Just so happens when I casually checked my email about 5pm (was just a coincidence I promise!!!) that I noticed I had an email. Said to myself, it's probably junk or an acknowledgement - my heart actually stopped when I realised it was a track update email. And..

I GOT AN OFFER FROM EXETER!!!!!!!!! eeeeeeeeeeeeeee :woo: so SO happy
    Congratulations! :woo:

Would it be your first choice?

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone, I'm new to this, but like you, love Geography! I sent off my UCAS on the 3rd of November and I've got offers from:

Manchester: AAB
    Sheffield: ABB
    Exeter: AAB

Waiting for Sussex and Gloucestershire.

I was just wondering if anyone's going to the Manchester Geography Taster Day on the 25th of November. Kind of don't want to be lonely and would love to bump into someone on the train there! Let me know thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Congratulations! :woo:

Would it be your first choice?
    Thanks

I'm actually trying to unconvince myself that I haven't got that offer. I can't stop logging onto track to check that I'm not seeing things!!

Yeah it is actually my first choice, despite the fact that I haven't visited the place.. Oh well.

ReputationRep:

Well done! Do you remember how long did it take for you to receive your offer after your application had been passed on to a college?

ReputationRep:
    Well done! Do you remember how long did it take for you to receive your offer after your application had been passed on to a college?
    Thanks

The AES and Track updated around the same time, about a week after being passed onto the college. But I've heard that the college can take ages so I wouldn't be worried....

Hope that helps

ReputationRep:
    An offer from Cambridge for the BA? Haven't the foggiest - I don't think they'll be giving out offers all too soon anyway..

Ahhhh I got acknowledgements from UCL and Exeter so far. That's nice to know. Although that sports scholarship business from Exeter was a little odd..

Anyone else get that? (I can't be bothered to read through the thread..)
    My friend got that weird thing off Exeter too! But it was for English. Haha. Yay, at least they've acknowledged you! Noo sorry I meant an offer from Durham for the BA, oops!

ReputationRep:
    Thanks

The AES and Track updated around the same time, about a week after being passed onto the college. But I've heard that the college can take ages so I wouldn't be worried....

Hope that helps

Yea it does, I need to stop checking my AES application status all the time then! Hopefully they won't take too long to reply as they didn't take too long for other people

ReputationRep:
    Oooh my Durham application got sent to college yesterday (Grey hopefully) I hope we don't have to wait too long, it's teasing you telling you you almost have an offer but not quite! but i reckon at this time when they haven't even received all their applications yet it's unlikely any college would refuse an applicant without a specific reason? well that's what I'd think anyway, but who knows what goes on in the mysterious world of uni admissions! :iiam:

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 23 Nov '18
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 23 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    All Faculties Undergraduate
    Sat, 24 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.