ICC World Cup T20 Champions 2010 Watch

Poll: Who is most likely to win this years tournament?
Australia (13)
34.21%
Pakistan (10)
26.32%
New Zealand (0)
0%
Sri Lanka (3)
7.89%
India (4)
10.53%
South Africa (1)
2.63%
West Indies (0)
0%
England (7)
18.42%
Bangladesh (0)
0%
Zimbabwe (0)
0%
Afghanistan (0)
0%
Ireland (0)
0%
?!master?!mini?!
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Nasir....:-))
give me a good reason for such bad play today?....match fixing?
Match Fixing? WTF!

I think you read my original post in a way that I did not intend it to be read.

Like I meant to say, the reason for such bad play was POOR fielding. What else do you want me to say?

Ajmal, Fawad and Razzak all had catches, but didn't take them.

Ajmal's catches were early on, two or three of them? I can't remember.

Fawad on the boundary, good attempt by getting a hand to it, but never held on.

Razzak, straight back to him - couldn't catch it.

I'm not saying that I could do better, but by being a professional side, most, if not all of these catches should have been taken.

The only person that actually impressed me from Pakistan's side was Umar Akmal with his batting and catches and M. Aameer for the superb bowling

Mohammed Asif's bowling today was absolutely atrocious. He's definitely not at his best.

Pakistan gained a bit of momentum at the end, taking two quick wickets and the match going into the last overs, but it wasn't enough.

Pakistan also could have done with a few more runs on the board; the main constituent of them losing the match was poorfielding.

Nasir....:-)
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
(Original post by ?!master?!mini?!)
Match Fixing? WTF!

I think you read my original post in a way that I did not intend it to be read.

Like I meant to say, the reason for such bad play was POOR fielding. What else do you want me to say?

Ajmal, Fawad and Razzak all had catches, but didn't take them.

Ajmal's catches were early on, two or three of them? I can't remember.

Fawad on the boundary, good attempt by getting a hand to it, but never held on.

Razzak, straight back to him - couldn't catch it.

I'm not saying that I could do better, but by being a professional side, most, if not all of these catches should have been taken.

The only person that actually impressed me from Pakistan's side was Umar Akmal with his batting and catches and M. Aameer for the superb bowling

Mohammed Asif's bowling today was absolutely atrocious. He's definitely not at his best.

Pakistan gained a bit of momentum at the end, taking two quick wickets and the match going into the last overs, but it wasn't enough.

Pakistan also could have done with a few more runs on the board; the main constituent of them losing the match was poor fielding.

bad play due to poor fielding due to what? that is what I meant by match-fixing....it's happened before....like you said all those catches they missed....what stops it from happening again?
still upset tho
Rep:
?
I don't think NZ will make it.....worried about Saturday now....
?!master?!mini?!
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
bad play due to poor fielding due to what? that is what I meant by match-fixing....it's happened before....like you said all those catches they missed....what stops it from happening again?
still upset tho
I don't think match fixing.

Pakistan have to work on their fielding.

If it was match fixing, why did Umar Akmal take a superb catch that was above his head and Saeed Ajmal didn't take the catch when it came straight to him? Surely it would be the other way round, in match fixing?

What stops it happening again? Work on the fielding, maybe.

Example:

Mohammed Hafeez against Australia. He bowled more offside with the ball turning in, on a short length which is why he was put away often.

This time against England, he bowled more to straighter and fuller. The result. He wasn't put away as often; as he was in the match against Australia.

Someone obviously had to work with him on this aspect of his bowling in the T20 format.

In the same way, the fielding coach has to work with the Pakistani players. They may need more sessions? They may need to boost their confidence levels? It's up to the Pakistan players to decide how to approach these mishaps.

As the tournament progresses (two games left for pakistan, then we'll see if they make it) if the fielding isn't up to scratch then how are they going to win matches - Bowlers need the full support of the fielders.

Remember catches win matches
Rep:
?
India is having a proper hard time.....lucky you Doughboy....:mad: ....lol....
Rep:
?
I don't think match fixing.

Pakistan have to work on their fielding.

If it was match fixing, why did Umar Akmal take a superb catch that was above his head and Saeed Ajmal didn't take the catch when it came straight to him? Surely it would be the other way round, in match fixing?

What stops it happening again? Work on the fielding, maybe.

Example:

Mohammed Hafeez against Australia. He bowled more offside with the ball turning in, on a short length which is why he was put away often.

This time against England, he bowled more to straighter and fuller. The result. He wasn't put away as often; as he was in the match against Australia.

Someone obviously had to work with him on this aspect of his bowling in the T20 format.

In the same way, the fielding coach has to work with the Pakistani players. They may need more sessions? They may need to boost their confidence levels? It's up to the Pakistan players to decide how to approach these mishaps.

As the tournament progresses (two games left for pakistan, then we'll see if they make it) if the fielding isn't up to scratch then how are they going to win matches - Bowlers need the full support of the fielders.

Remember catches win matches
Pakistan had time to train...sort themselves out...what else could they have been doing in those training camps other than getting a few players injured because it was so tough?
Rep:
?
Sri Lanka 195/3 how will West Indies chase that?
?!master?!mini?!
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Pakistan had time to train...sort themselves out...what else could they have been doing in those training camps other than getting a few players injured because it was so tough?
Perhaps it was tough. How do i know? Was I in the mind of these players when they dropped these catches?

Pakistan had a poor fielding display against England. /End Of.
Doughboy
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Oh, Australia :sogood:
sbfc93
Report 8 years ago
I voted for Sri Lanka, hard to call though.
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Australia have blown everyone out the park and in doing so have made it very boring once again. Many thanks!!
Rep:
?
Perhaps it was tough. How do i know? Was I in the mind of these players when they dropped these catches?

Pakistan had a poor fielding display against England. /End Of.
sorry....no hard feelings....just upset at Pakistan's performance and a tad bit angry....hopefully they play well today to get a good enough net run rate....
Rep:
?
(Original post by 46664)
Australia have blown everyone out the park and in doing so have made it very boring once again. Many thanks!!
agreed....
?!master?!mini?!
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
sorry....no hard feelings....just upset at Pakistan's performance and a tad bit angry....hopefully they play well today to get a good enough net run rate....
I hope they do
?!master?!mini?!
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Pakistan
Doughboy
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Muauhaahha!

Was that match awesome or what, Nasir?

Pakistan pretty much just got eliminated.
Aky786UK
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Pakistan didn't deserve to go through tbh, again a pitiful batting performance. It reinforces my view that they are lacking batting stars. Out of the T20 team: Akmal brothers (Kamran is bordering on being dropped because due to the odd mistake), Afridi, Razzaq, Asif, Ajmal, Butt are the only players I'd keep. Misbah, Hafeez, Rehman (even though he had a good game) are the players I'd get rid. They are deadwood IMO.

We've got bundles of bowling stars but batting wise, in all forms of the game, are lacking new stars coming through. Bowled and fielded well today, but batting let us down. Butt played exceptionally well and has had a decent tourny.
?!master?!mini?!
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Aky786UK)
Pakistan didn't deserve to go through tbh, again a pitiful batting performance. It reinforces my view that they are lacking batting stars. Out of the T20 team: Akmal brothers (Kamran is bordering on being dropped because due to the odd mistake), Afridi, Razzaq, Asif, Ajmal, Butt are the only players I'd keep. Misbah, Hafeez, Rehman (even though he had a good game) are the players I'd get rid. They are deadwood IMO.

We've got bundles of bowling stars but batting wise, in all forms of the game, are lacking new stars coming through. Bowled and fielded well today, but batting let us down. Butt played exceptionally well and has had a decent tourny.
What's wrong with Umar Akmal? I agree with your views, but only Kamran should be dropped. Even then, who will replace him? If you thinking of Safraz Ahmed, he is atrocious when it comes down to batting.

Also you're forgetting Fawad. :facepalm2:
Rep:
?
(Original post by Doughboy)
Muauhaahha!

Was that match awesome or what, Nasir?

Pakistan pretty much just got eliminated.
Pakistan have a tiny chance if England win all their matches in this round and Pakistan win amazingly well against SA....there is still a chance.....
Rep:
?
What's wrong with Umar Akmal? I agree with your views, but only Kamran should be dropped. Even then, who will replace him? If you thinking of Safraz Ahmed, he is atrocious when it comes down to batting.

Also you're forgetting Fawad. :facepalm2:
What about Imran Nazir...he is really good....but I think we need Younus Khan's captaincy....Afridi seems to have lost nearly everything....
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (314)
37.83%
No - but I will (64)
7.71%
No - I don't want to (62)
7.47%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (390)
46.99%

Watched Threads