Today: Everybody Draw Mohammed Day! Watch

mikeylfc1989
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by maximusbarr)
Religion is not democracy, people don't have a say they just follow. That is if they want to follow. They are either a muslim or they're not. No one is forcing them. Hence, criticism should not be subject to religion and I am not a fascist.
I don't think anything you have just said is true. They have a choice, religion should be criticised.
User414413
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Finally, you have just proven how stupid you are. Let me explain step by step, since your level of IQ is way below the average of the whole nation.

1. A 'child' at the age of 12-14 is not a child, they are teenagers, able to look after themselves. So where is the question of them having parent's going with them on travels? [Stupid example used by yourself]
This proves my point about me thinking your going to be a **** lawyer. Legally, they are still a 'child'. The two concepts aren't mutually exclusive.

2. A lawyer if retired can say he knows about the law, but you're off track since you're mixing a profession with a religion. Religion is a sacred thing, profession isn't. No one cares if you **** off a profession, but you hurt people's feelings when you say their religion is a 'fairy tale'. [Another stupid example used by yourself...you're starting to look like a clown]
Yes, you hurt lawyers. You hurt people in that profession. Shows how much you know.

3. The use of 'mythology' says it all, it is not religion but a body of cultures mixed together. [Third bad argument and example...oh my you're level of intellect is below that of Nick Griffin now]
Yes and Islam a mythology as well. The definition of religion is: a strong belief in a supernatural power or powers that control human destiny; "he lost his faith but not his morality". Egyptians, Persians and Greeks all believed in a supernatural power. Therefore, are a religion. Learn the definitions of the words.

4. The question is are you retarded? (I think people know who the idiot is by now) - How can you mix religious belief with that of Nazism? - One is a belief for the improvement of life and the other, holding extreme views and violating people's human rights? You can criticise Nazism because it is not religion but a violent ideology. Do not use 'debating' as a way of spewing rubbish, you're level of knowledge dictates that you are a liar and you were not a muslim. [Fourth bad example...that renders you a spaz]
Because they are both beliefs. Ok, change Nazism into two other racist religions; Nation of Islam (I know it has got nothing to do with Islam, it is a separate religion) and Mormonism. Check my first few post, and you will see I was. Anyway, you’re a fascist.
Wolfos
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
The comments from several Muslims saying "Islam is a religion of peace" followed by a comment along the lines of telling the user to go die in a fire are quite funny.
Toffee_Kid
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Genocidal)
These people are pathetic. Why upset millions of innocent people in the first place? I bet the creators would be furious if I invented a group that orders people to piss on their dead moms grave day.
Lol! Piss on their dead mum's grave day. The imagery makes me laugh!

Also (and the main reason I quoted you): Your sig makes me feel a lot sadder than it should - why is this?! :emo:

[/irrelevance]
OceanInTheSky
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I would, but I can't draw.
Paul92
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I am a anti-racist, and militant anti-fascist, I will NOT be dictated to by a delusion. Hence, I will be drawing the beardy one tomorrow.

People have the right to be offended, not the right not to be.
cactussed
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I think it's just pathetic really, if it's about freedom of speech should I go into a nursery and promote the virtues of kiddy-fiddling and describe just what I find so amazingly sexy about a 5 year old girl (or boy)? Of course I can, but I wouldn't as it's inappropriate.
Nashy19
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I'm interested to know why Muslims are obsessed with symbolism, burning flags etc, stuff that only they themselves would be offended by.

Also, imagine if Irish people were offended by drawings of leprechauns, or if the bible was enforced.
Kreuzuerk
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I do not think much on it, that said, people are well within their rights to draw whatever they desire and as such have little to no contention with it. Purposely offensive images probably are best avoided due to their divisive nature, however I still believe that there is no question are to whether they can be produced or not.

There is also a vast disconnect between some of the asinine examples in this thread which have been presented as analogous and the drawings.
StudentLingerie
Report 8 years ago
I don't think its right that we should be so scared of offending a religion that we will not show a single image of mohammed on south park even when he's with all the other religions leaders including god.
mikeylfc1989
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by cactussed)
I think it's just pathetic really, if it's about freedom of speech should I go into a nursery and promote the virtues of kiddy-fiddling and describe just what I find so amazingly sexy about a 5 year old girl (or boy)? Of course I can, but I wouldn't as it's inappropriate.
Again, another stupid comparison.

Religion is not not special, it shouldn't be treated differently to any other ideologies.
cactussed
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by mikeylfc1989)
Again, another stupid comparison.
Why?
Texan88
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I drew mine early

Spoiler:
Show
StudentLingerie
Report 8 years ago
I don't think its right that we should be so scared of offending a religion that we will not show a single image of mohammed on south park even when he's with all the other religions leaders including god.
Texan88
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Why?
One is a place of business the other is a social networking site. A better comparison would have been to say going into a mall and telling children santa isn't real but still place of business
mikeylfc1989
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Why?
Taking the piss out of a stupid ideology is radically different to promoting pedophilia lol?

All that's hurt from the former is their ego.
4G_dollars
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I was wondering what exactly drawing Muhammed will achieve? All I see, is that it further escalates the segregation between Muslims and Non-Muslims and stirs up trouble. I think it is pathetic.
People claim that such drawings are not against Islam and muslims but only against Extremist Muslims.
Drawing Muhammed is offensive to Muslims. It would further push muslims into extremism. That isn't really a good thing.
People talk of freedom of expression. That is a qualified right and does not include hatred.
What concerns me is that, we have people on TSR who are really dumbfounded. Extremist muslims represent themselves (you can't put figure on this as it is 0.000000000000000000000000000000 00000000001%). They do not represent Islam or the rest of the majority of muslims.

To put it in context:
You stated in your previous posts that regards "pissing over the creators..." you claimed it was a ridiculous analogy.
I think that is disgusting that not right, and totally agree. However, playing this point, what is wrong with "pissing over the creators..." at the end of the day, it is exercising one's right of free expression.
Kreuzuerk
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Why?
The drawings are, at best, a critique of a concept and simply not a deliberate attack of an individual/small uniform group (or even an attempt to promote a converse ideology). BMW adverts may offend me however they are not an attack against me as a person and as such, I have no grounds to call for their removal.
JAKstriked
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
If it's really such a big deal, Allah will judge me and sentence me to eternal hellfire, which I will accept. A group of irrational morons with a singular imaginary friend saying that others can't draw a picture of a man who lived thousands of years ago is just insane.
~The Mixed Race Girl~
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by InvoluntarySlacker)
You know, I created that sig four days before the Con-Lib deal. You should be more amused at my foresight.

Thanks anyway. I want to visit the place in your sig.
lol the uae's alright i suppose but thats coz im used it..and yes your foresight is indeed very good :yep: can u teach me or is something ur born with? lol
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (181)
80.44%
Leave (44)
19.56%

Watched Threads