Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MaceyThe)
    Religious terrorism?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Quit the double-speak. This is a total inversion of reality. The only religious terrorism I can see is people from Islam blowing themselves up.

I hope even our "dhimmi's-in-waiting" aren't thick enough to fall for this!
    people from islam?
    and r u speaking "from xtianity"?
    and btw
    its agaist the religon to blow urself up coz suicide is haram

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by electriic_ink)
    Do you realise how stupid it sounds to suggest that something could be a Jesus lookalike after saying that it's stupid drawing Muhammed as no one knows what he looks like?
    *what people think jesus looks like
    Sorry for any confusion, it was just easier than typing "what people think jesus looked like lookalikes", but there, I typed it now:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elicia)
    You dont no a lot do you ?
    You don't spell terribly well.
    Has Mr Mohammed (poo.. bah. ) issued a fatwa against spelling ?

ReputationRep:
    The prophet was shown in an epsiode of South Park in 2001. Nothing happened.

The same thing happens in 2010. Except this time he's in a bear suit.

???????????????????????????????? ???????????????????????????????? ????

This whole thing makes no sense.

ReputationRep:
    It called freedom of speech, just a shame that the so called "religion of peace" go in hissy fits and want to bomb everyone.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aspiration)
    its agaist the religon to blow urself up coz suicide is haram
    Martyrdom isn't.

ReputationRep:
    TBH I think as a Muslim its best just to ignore it, I'm not going to control what you do or whatever. I don't shun people for drinking :p:.

This is different as its obv that they're doing it in bad taste and to offend, but why not just be the greater person and just ignore it. Basically let God deal with the offensive narrow-minded people, thats what we're taught right?, not to retaliate to petty things:yep:

ReputationRep:
    because muslims cant make rules to non-muslims

ReputationRep:
    Why do I get the impression some people here want Muslims to not get offended when their religion is ridiculed? Fair enough, violence and the threat of violence is inexcusable, but if you ever think Muslims will "get over" the dear respect they have for their religion and its figures...you're just kidding yourselves.

Its just as proper to have a right to get offended at whatever the hell offends you, as it to be able to say whatever it is thats on your minds.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MarkAdam)
    It called freedom of speech, just a shame that the so called "religion of peace" go in hissy fits and want to bomb everyone.
    The religion of peace is Buddhism.
    Islam is the religion of ultra-violence.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HumanNature1992)
    TBH I think as a Muslim its best just to ...let God deal with the offensive narrow-minded people, thats what we're taught right?, not to retaliate
    So unlike your coreligionists, you are not about to strap on a suicide bomb ?
    Doesn't that make you a heretic ? :confused: :confused:

ReputationRep:
    My 2 cents,

Firstly in regards to the extremists who advocated the killing of those who participated in this day; they can be considered to be equally to blame.

There is no credible united Islamic authority that has the power to set such judgements at this current moment in time; therefore all those who have advocated and carried out violent acts and reprisals do not have the Islamic authority to do so and thus are guilty of sin under the Islamic view, never mind in western regard.

Secondly, it's disrespectful and irresponsible to participate in something which will cause anger and distress for many which will cloud the judgements of many people. In particular those who live in countries where they do not have the luxuries of freedoms of speech and democracy, this can have the effect of blinkering their view of this action to just that of the extreme attack on Islam and it's Prophet (PBUH), despite any other intentions those who participated in this day had.

That being said, a lot of Muslims are being hotheaded over this issue, and the problem is the actions of few lead to the castigation of many.

Muslims should truly strive to be the better people, and dismiss it without violence, but also (where possible) should use their democratic right to protest against it intelligently...

Basically both sides are in the wrong, now let's all kiss and make up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by flugestuge)
    So unlike your coreligionists, you are not about to strap on a suicide bomb ?
    Doesn't that make you a heretic ? :confused: :confused:
    Umm no. Theres what 2billion muslims on the planet?! If its a core feature of Islam to blow yourself up then think about the state of destruction in the world?! If you think that makes me as well as the MAJORITY of the 2billion muslims in the world heretics then that doesnt really give meaning to the word heretic in this sense, and so maybe you should educate yourself?:confused: :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HumanNature1992)
    a core feature of Islam to blow yourself up
    To the non-Muslim, it certainly appears that mindless violence is the defining feature of Islam.

ReputationRep:
    To the non-Muslim, it certainly appears that mindless violence is the defining feature of Islam.
    I think you should speak for yourself, and not the majority of non muslims. Most of my friends/acquaintances are "NON-Muslims" yet don't believe that mindless violence is a feature of Islam at all. To the select few ignorant, uneducated about Islam non-muslims then it might. But they're not worth the time:top:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aliluvschoc)
    I support Do what ever the hell you want, but try not to be a sheep - day. I'll have it scheduled for the near future.
    devon is full of sheep
    haha sorry aliluvschoc... i thought people here are personally attacking each other rather than arguing about htis so i thought i'd join in the fun...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elipsis)
    Who is 'you'. I didn't say Christians are above going to war with each other, but the day to day conduct of Islamic countries makes me sick. The whole point of drawing mohammed isn't to offend you, it's to show you that you don't make the rules in this country. The rules have already been made, and we've been living by them for a long time.
    Who is " we've "?Its just because this country is Chrisitian dominated which is why the rules have 'survived' for such long,but think about British Muslims~By the way what rules are you talkin about?If the rule is;
    No Muslim is allowed to blame or hurt any Non-muslim even if they(non-mulims) hurt Muslims physically,mentally or draw caricatures of Prophets,just because they (non-muslims) have Freedom of Religion,speech...etc.
    then sorry my Dear,you Live by the rule as I guess by ' we've ' you mean (non-muslims) but we(muslims) have never lived by such rules~

ReputationRep:
    You chrisitans have killed more people in World war 1 and 2 than would muslims do in 1000 years:yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MaceyThe)
    Religious terrorism?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Quit the double-speak. This is a total inversion of reality. The only religious terrorism I can see is people from Islam blowing themselves up.

I hope even our "dhimmi's-in-waiting" aren't thick enough to fall for this!
    Have you forgotten the past 60 years history when you christians killed millions in World war 1 and 2~Fighting like nothing:yep:

ReputationRep:
    You guys are the most trollable group in the world.

SRSLY, RELIGION DOESNT MATTER.

Poll
The new Gillette ad. Is it:
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.