Turn on thread page Beta

What is the worst pain you have experienced? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Probably when I had the fibula and tibia bones in my left leg sawn in half, metal pins drilled in, and attached to a mechanism that had to be manually turned each day to stretch them apart another millimetre.

Painkillers don't last a month .

ReputationRep:
    when i was 13 and was cuttin taking an avocado seed out but the fruit slipped and i cut a bit of a chunk out of my finger. damn that hurt! theres a big scar there to remind me of that incident till im an old granny with a walking stick

(Original post by SunderX)
    Probably when I had the fibula and tibia bones in my left leg sawn in half, metal pins drilled in, and attached to a mechanism that had to be manually turned each day to stretch them apart another millimetre.

Painkillers don't last a month .
    **** that sounds horrible.

ReputationRep:
    Probably being kicked in the balls. It's the worst pain EVER!

Although I have to say the worst 'common' pain I can get is cramp. Seriously, the time when I was randomly playing some MW2 at 1AM and I got cramp in BOTH my quads was the stuff of nightmares...
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    gallstones but i've had period pains that came pretty close

ReputationRep:
    Emotional - when my cat died a few years ago.
    Physical - when I had shingles, and it didnt get treated properly. Verryy painful.

ReputationRep:
    When this guy started punching and kicking me... kick me in a dodgy place in my knee... broke a bone in the knee and hurt for weeks... can't kneel on it, and can't bring my foot to touch my bum.

When in a dance class we were doing box jumps straight into box splits... went down with such force that I nearly pulled my hip out of its joint and tore all the tendons and ligaments around it.

Various other things.

ReputationRep:
    I think mine was actually an earache, which makes me sound like an intense wimp but it was seriously agonising. I also ripped a whole chunk of skin off my leg when I was about eight, which hurt like a ***** but also looked horrible. I had to get the school nurse to change the dressing for me every day because my mum wouldn't because it was too gory :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    i have about 3...
    when i was at work and i was pulling a big cage of yogurt out of the chiller and cost my wrsit caught between the cage, the chiller door and my watch. (have also been hit by a metal bar in the goods lift to the head)
    when pulled a muscle in my back and could not move properly.
    and then when i was about 5 or 6 when i was sliding down the back of the couch and something sharp slcied my back open. (or when i cut my toe open on a glass tank that also hurt, i fainted that time)

Emotionally, was when my dad died.

ReputationRep:
    When I was on holiday, I smashed my leg on a pointy rock and chipped a bone. It swelled up like crazy, the pain was so bad, my leg was a weird purple colour for a while and I was limping around for the rest of my holiday. Not to mention, I got really bad sunburn the same day which ******* stung like mad when I went in the shower and when I tried to go sleep. That really ruined the whole holiday :mad:
    Also, the stomach cramps I got when I had food poisoning were unbearable, I could barely even stand up straight. I just felt like I wanted to die. My period pains don't even come close to those pains I had. I never complain about them now :p:

ReputationRep:
    It was in the Feb just gone and I went skiing, wasn't paying attention and fell awkwardly and my skis didn't come off so my knee was all twisted I snapped my cruciate ligament, tore another ligament and bruised my bone When I actually fell the pain wasn't too bad, buuuut we had to drive home from Switzerland with my leg in a brace from thigh to ankle lol and the pain was so bad, worst I've ever felt.
    Oh and last week I was having a bit of physio and he bent my knee a bit too much, never jumped so much in my life and my natural reaction was to hit his arm away :P That was very painful too.
    Oh and I have more ranting to do about my knee injury, being on crutches kills your hands and arms, that was painful but in a more achey way.

But apart from that little fall and all the consequences its all been good

ReputationRep:
    When i was in Ghana in the summer holidays a few years ago, and for about over a week my insides hurt SO much, it hurt to swallow and eat, so i had to avoid eating and drinking except water =/ and i got so weak i couldn't even open taps or door handles =/

Turned out that i had really bad heartburn? But i dunno if i believe that, it lasted too long and it was too painful to have been just heartburn

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smeh)
    Ooo I did that once and the car smelt like burnt meat for like a whole day :puke:
    Smells way worse than burnt hair.

ReputationRep:
    birth to bbe

ReputationRep:
    When I had to get a cyst removed from my wrist using a needle. I could see the whole thing filled with black-ish blood and my left arm hurt quite badly the whole night. Migraines are **** as well, I always seem to have them at important times like exams.

ReputationRep:
    Colonoscopy or abdominal MRI... The colonoscopy was just straight up agony but the MRI was more psychological about being strapped down in a small tube when I felt really sore and nauseous.

ReputationRep:
    Thumb trapped in car door. Ooof.

Though I think I've been pretty fortunate thus far.

ReputationRep:
    Hmm one of the most painful moments was when I managed to trap my finger in a door hinge. Was leaning with my hand against the wall, and hadn't realised my finger had gone between the hinge. My friend walked out of the kitchen, turn around and tried to shut the door. Obviously as my finger was lodged in the door hinge, it wouldn't shut. He didn't know this however, and must have slammed the door at least 4 times before I was actually able to make a noise. Still have a massive scar from that now.

Also I'm prone to pretty severe foot cramps

ReputationRep:
    When i got my foot tattooed - ouch!

ReputationRep:
    of what i can remember these last few days actually. I have some nasty lump called an abscess on my inner thigh right near my ****. Pus keeps leaking and stuff and doctors put me on an antibiotic course now.

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.