Turn on thread page Beta

Are young women boring? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alijimi)
    This became a standard answer. As you are girl, maybe you could be generous and tell us how to identify the right from the wrong girls, when they all wear, look and talk in the same way?! :rolleyes:
    That's the problem - we don't! Even the girls who follow the trends and all wear jeggings and gladiators sandals etc, they're not all the same!
    If you don't want "one of the crowd" look for someone who's different, it's not that hard.
    and obviously the ones that are "wrong" are the ones you find boring, it's all trial and error, keep talking to people until you find someone you interesting.

ReputationRep:
    Many more females than males seem boring to me, at my age to be honest. Most girls I meet have nothing interesting to say, no passion, no enthusiasm, no interests beyond shopping and gossiping. Sorry if that offends anyone, but that's just the way it is.

A lot of people in general are boring and apathetic but out of all the people I meet who actually have something about them, the vast majority are male.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .phantom)
    Many more females than males seem boring to me, at my age to be honest. Most girls I meet have nothing interesting to say, no passion, no enthusiasm, no interests beyond shopping and gossiping. Sorry if that offends anyone, but that's just the way it is.

A lot of people in general are boring and apathetic but out of all the people I meet who actually have something about them, the vast majority are male.
    And you consider yourself to be different from these females, yes?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tinywings)
    And you consider yourself to be different from these females, yes?
    Different, yes! I'm sure they'd consider me 'weird' or boring and prefer hanging out with girls that are more like them, but that's not the point. I'm answering the original question of whether young women are boring with a 'yeah, compared to guys they usually are in my experience'. I rarely meet girls with interests, hobbies, who REALLY care about music above 'whatever's on the radio' or strong opinions on anything. Which is probably why I get on better with guys.

ReputationRep:
    Different, yes! I'm sure they'd consider me 'weird' or boring and prefer hanging out with girls that are more like them, but that's not the point. I'm answering the original question of whether young women are boring with a 'yeah, compared to guys they usually are in my experience'. I rarely meet girls with interests, hobbies, who REALLY care about music above 'whatever's on the radio' or strong opinions on anything. Which is probably why I get on better with guys.
    I doubt someone genuinely intelligent and thoughtful would say something so naïve and ignorant. Do you know how many girls play the "other girls are so boring/*****y/stupid, not me, I'm different," card, it's completely tedious and spiteful, why would you insult your own gender like that? It just doesn't make sense to me.

Have you thought that maybe the reason you haven't met any girls with interests/passions/hobbies, is because you automatically dismiss them, as you clearly consider yourself to be above them. I have met plenty of interesting girls, I've also met some vapid ones, the same goes for guys as well. To make sweeping statements like 'girls are boring' or even 'most girls are boring' as a woman yourself just makes you come across as petty and foolish.

Chances are, you're not nearly as unique and special as you think you are.

Its because males can pursue interesting hobbies or obsess about something like physics even if it means he doesn't have a large social group of friends. Females are more dependant on large groups of friends and as a result shape themselves around them appealing to what they want but at the same time conforming to a sheeplike trends and reduce any chances of individuality.

Im afraid i have to post this as anonymous as I might get neg repped.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not being naive or ignorant, I'm expressing my personal experience. Notice how I pointed out that I'm sure the girls I find boring find me weird or boring too. It's not an insult to anybody, it's an observation that I'm not afraid to express despite people like you getting all upset over it.

And again, I never claimed I was unique or special, just that I find I've met more boring and shallow girls than guys.

So what about this bothers you so much? If you're comfortable in your own skin and happy with who YOU are, you wouldn't be so desparate to argue your point and infer that I'm neither unique nor special (or that I think I am).

ReputationRep:
    I'm not being naive or ignorant, I'm expressing my personal experience. Notice how I pointed out that I'm sure the girls I find boring find me weird or boring too. It's not an insult to anybody, it's an observation that I'm not afraid to express despite people like you getting all upset over it.

And again, I never claimed I was unique or special, just that I find I've met more boring and shallow girls than guys.

So what about this bothers you so much? If you're comfortable in your own skin and happy with who YOU are, you wouldn't be so desparate to argue your point and infer that I'm neither unique nor special (or that I think I am).
    Of course it's an insult! Or are vapid, boring and inferior to men not insults where you come from? I could say 'it is my observation that people from wales are all stupid', it would still be ignorant and insulting on my part! It may be an 'observation', but dare I say your judgement is probably clouded, if you look for negative traits, no doubt you will find them. You quite clearly do consider yourself superior from the condescending way you talk about other girls in your previous posts. Regardless, it bothers me because because by saying things like that you're just fueling the misogynistic ******** thats being posted here and enabling those that say such things. It's one thing when men post sexist garbage, it's another when it's from the mouth of a woman. It exasperates me to no end because I just can't understand why someone would hate on their own gender.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LaurenNic)
    I'm sorry but I wouldnt say MOST

You complain that girls give up their education and their hobbies for sex and 'spewing out kids', but you cant BLAME this on the women. Quite often its the men that turn women into this and it's the sexism of our country that encourages women to think this is all they can do.

I'm personally going to uni this year and have no plans of squeezing one out til I'm in my late 20's.. as with most of the 18 year olds I know in this area. It's not THAT rare to see a woman in university, is it?? You make it sound like it would be the most shocking thing in the world to see a girl with an education.

However, you have to admit that if MEN were to get sex regularly, theyre treated with respect. But if a woman does, suddenly they're a "**** hotel".

It probably comes as no surprise that I live near Portsmouth, which has the highest teenage pregnancy rate in Europe. I genuinely know many girls who have gotten pregnant at a young age and given up hope on life, just going on benefits. I hope that it is not like this in other parts of the country, but it is the scene down here.

I do think a lot of the blame has to go on society and what it was throughout the past, but that is not the way now. People are much more free in their life choices, so I believe that in 2010 it would be a lame excuse for a woman to blame it on society why she has sacrificed an education or career to raise what will ultimately be idiot children.

I feel I have to keep reiterating myself, but I know tons of bright and interesting women, I really do. I feel privalaged to know them. That doesn't stop me from seeing what is all around me, and that is young girls opening their legs to anyone and everyone, then trying to remember who the inevitable father is. It's a waste of a life, and a waste of the life of the children.

As far as the sex goes, I doubt that a lot of them are enjoying it. I'm not referring to women who genuinely enjoy sex, and pursue many adventures to fullfill those desires. I'm talking about the girls with father issues, the one's who have to get their tits out for attention, and the ones who are so devoid of personality that they have nothing else to offer. Giving head in a Corsa in a car park to some dirty chav, or getting fingered by a benefit dodger in a skate ramp at the park are not experiences I imagine to be enjoyed by the female. Instead they are a means of seeking gratification, because a lot of the girls doing it will not have been pushed or inspired to do well in life, and due to their upbringing will most likely think that the only way to get anywhere in life is to let some guy feel your tits so that you won't be called frigid and made fun of.

And before I am accused of being a high-fiving butt-slapper who encourages telling lies and intoxicating girls to hump 'em and dump 'em, I am repulsed by that behaviour. I have friends who do it, and it is one of the many reasons why I hate clubbing, because it is all over the place. I love, cherish, and respect Mrs. Vader. Unfortunately not all women are treated in such a manner.

I also got neg repped for a bra burning comment earlier. I'm going to tell on you!

:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheRealDarthVader)
    I feel I have to keep reiterating myself, but I know tons of bright and interesting women, I really do. I feel privalaged to know them. That doesn't stop me from seeing what is all around me, and that is young girls opening their legs to anyone and everyone, then trying to remember who the inevitable father is. It's a waste of a life, and a waste of the life of the children.

As far as the sex goes, I doubt that a lot of them are enjoying it. I'm not referring to women who genuinely enjoy sex, and pursue many adventures to fullfill those desires. I'm talking about the girls with father issues, the one's who have to get their tits out for attention, and the ones who are so devoid of personality that they have nothing else to offer. Giving head in a Corsa in a car park to some dirty chav, or getting fingered by a benefit dodger in a skate ramp at the park are not experiences I imagine to be enjoyed by the female. Instead they are a means of seeking gratification, because a lot of the girls doing it will not have been pushed or inspired to do well in life, and due to their upbringing will most likely think that the only way to get anywhere in life is to let some guy feel your tits so that you won't be called frigid and made fun of.
    Surely these are problems with young people of both genders though, and not just females? Aren't the guys who are sticking it in any girl who'll let them, without protection, just as much at fault? Why is the onus put on the women?

ReputationRep:
    Surely these are problems with young people of both genders though, and not just females? Aren't the guys who are sticking it in any girl who'll let them, without protection, just as much at fault? Why is the onus put on the women?

In a lot of cases they can say no. They may feel threatened, but very few guys would be capable of rape. I agree that the guys are at fault too. It is their attitude and lack of respect that leads them to pursue in the first place.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheRealDarthVader)
    In a lot of cases they can say no. They may feel threatened, but very few guys would be capable of rape. I agree that the guys are at fault too. It is their attitude and lack of respect that leads them to pursue in the first place.
    They shouldn't be put in any position where they feel threatened in the first place though. Rape happens a lot more often than you think, but thats a whole different can of worms so I won't go into it. I agree that a lot of girls do need to respect themselves and their bodies more, this would be greatly helped if guys could show them the same courtesy. It's difficult because in todays society it's basically the norm to disrespect women.

ReputationRep:
    They shouldn't be put in any position where they feel threatened in the first place though. Rape happens a lot more often than you think, but thats a whole different can of worms so I won't go into it. I agree that a lot of girls do need to respect themselves and their bodies more, this would be greatly helped if guys could show them the same courtesy. It's difficult because in todays society it's basically the norm to disrespect women.

Totally, and pop culture plays into that in subtle ways. It all be about da hunneez. *****ez n hos, ridin' low etc. By the same token, I don't hear many female singers (I don't listen to music on the radio often anyway) singing songs about excelling in life, working hard, success etc. It's more about putting out so that your man will buy you diamonds. Of course, many of these songs aren't written by the women themselves, which further backs up the point that they aren't encouraged to think for themselves.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Neil_K)
    Fair enough. Sadly I think 'An undisclosed town in the Three Counties' sounds a bit far for me too. Oh well, you'll just have to fantasize about us exchanging orgasms instead then :-)
    Sounds good to me. :sexface:

ReputationRep:
    Of course it's an insult! Or are vapid, boring and inferior to men not insults where you come from? I could say 'it is my observation that people from wales are all stupid', it would still be ignorant and insulting on my part! It may be an 'observation', but dare I say your judgement is probably clouded, if you look for negative traits, no doubt you will find them. You quite clearly do consider yourself superior from the condescending way you talk about other girls in your previous posts. Regardless, it bothers me because because by saying things like that you're just fueling the misogynistic ******** thats being posted here and enabling those that say such things. It's one thing when men post sexist garbage, it's another when it's from the mouth of a woman. It exasperates me to no end because I just can't understand why someone would hate on their own gender.
    Aww chill out! I don't hate females, and I never said 'all' females are boring. You clearly have a massive chip on your shoulder about people daring to express their opinions and take it as an attack or insult. I'm not gonna lie and say that out of all the humans I've ever met, both genders have the same balance as each other of interesting/boring/shallow/intelligent traits, because that's not what I've found. I'm not a misogynist, I don't HATE women because I find that males are, on the whole, less shallow and boring. I'm just being realistic about what I see when I look around me, and if that makes me seem condescending, I really couldn't care less.

Try not to let things on an internet messageboard get you so exasperated and wound up, if you firmly believe that young women aren't any more boring than young men then that's great, I'm glad you've had good experiences. I get on with people I find interesting whatever their gender and I'm respectful to everybody, so it's a shame it bothers you to this extent :yep:

You really are pathetic.

Who said anything about them being put in a position where they feel threatened? They can talk and say no.

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.