35.75%
I'm not a Muslim (116)
56.04%
Rexel
Badges: 0
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by LivingMemory)
You're a good person.
Only because that's what you wanted to hear.

I'd put the Muslims first, obviously. :cool:
nihility
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
this thread is a veritable public relations coup for islam isnt it.
najeezy
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Broderss)
No I haven't. I really haven't. There's been no discussion or anything, nothing to prove my intelligence. An issue this small, as in who Muslims put 'first', holds no substance to debate other than "We hate you and you hate us because we hate you". Now that's hardly a basis for discussion, or at least any discussion requiring the minutest amount of intelligence.
your views and expressions show clear biased and stereotypical attributes based on no evidence at all, when you make these types of judgements on an forum, it shows intellectual inepth.
ahnaf.c
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I feel a sense of responsibility towards my countrymen aand i also feel the same way towards fellow Muslims. coincidentally the majority in my country are Muslims. Therefore I see the responsibility doubled.

Apart from that, say, even if my country wasn't a Muslim majority country, I'd still feel I owe something to it.
LivingMemory
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by sanz133)
You are determined to find fault in islam, these punishments are regarding adultery, which is horrible, if everyone was let off easily, then they would do it again and others would follow.

I am a muslim, and I am looking at this verse through an islamic perspective. Its trying to show how draconium this sin is, and how hated by Allah it is. Can you think of the mental anguish that would befall the person who has been cheated upon. It is a warning, to tell you not to commit such acts.

But if you want to begin quoting aq Transalation of the quran then I will find you another verse to look at. this is an hadith.

Allah the Almighty has said: “O son of Adam, so long as you call upon Me and ask of Me, I shall forgive you for what you have done, and I shall not mind. O son of Adam, were your sins to reach the clouds of the sky and were you then to ask forgiveness of Me, I would forgive you. O son of Adam, were you to come to Me with sins nearly as great as the earth and were you then to face Me, ascribing no partner to Me, I would bring you forgiveness nearly as great as its.”

And this is another story, which shows its not just the deeds but the intentions too.

2) Prophet (SW) has said:

A certain person had committed 99 murders. He went to a scholar and asked, is there any chance of my being forgiven? The scholar said no, you have committed too many crimes. The man killed the scholar too, but his heart was restless, so he went to another scholar and asked the same question. He was told yes, but you must leave this town of bad people and go live in the next town in the company of good people.

So the man set out to the town he was told to go to. On the way he died. A man passing by saw two angels arguing over his dead body. The Angel from Hell said, 'His body belongs to me as he had not done any good in his life.' The Angel from Heaven said, 'His body belongs to me as he had repented and was set out to be with good people.' The man who was the passer-by said, 'Let us measure the distance of his body from the town he left and the town he was going to.'

This was done. He was found to be nearer to the town he was going to. In another version, the earth was ordered by Allah to shrink and make the distance smaller, so that he was admitted to Heaven.

I hope this helps
There are faults in Islam, there are intolerant passages in the Quran which you haven't mentioned. However I have just been slandered elsewhere for criticizing the more draconian passages of the Quran as they are supposedly not relevant ... well, if the passages that the entire religion was founded upon aren't relevant, then what is?

There's a habit on this site of quoting as many tolerant Quran passages as you can find, but quote one intolerant one and that's supposedly 'idiotic', I fail to see how - if the good of the Quran is relevant then so is the bad, it's wrong to cherry pick. Why is the good of the Quran so much more relevant than the bad? The good is to be taken literally, but the bad is always meant to be interpreted to represent emotional suffering?

What about Sura 9:29 which advises fighting and converting non-Muslims? It uses 'qatala' in its imperative form indicating fighting, slaughtering, etc. It was meant to be taken literally and for many years has been (and still is in the east). If you project your own idea of just harmlessly converting then that is your own interpretation as that is in no way indicated.
ibysaiyan
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by ahnaf.c)
I feel a sense of responsibility towards my countrymen aand i also feel the same way towards fellow Muslims. coincidentally the majority in my country are Muslims. Therefore I see the responsibility doubled.

Apart from that, say, even if my country wasn't a Muslim majority country, I'd still feel I owe something to it.
Indeed.
User414413
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Diaz89)
:rofl:
You got owned by your own illwilled source.

Subhannalllah
Is this supposed to be aimed at me? If so, can you explain why? I have not stated anything different to them, they have gone FURTHER in their analysis. So, in what way have I got 'owned'?
Broderss
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by najeezy)
hahahah, i like your arrogance, but the arabs are the keyholders, they can pull the plug and your power/electricity/source of fuel would be cut off, your ancestors arent clever enough to of have found an alternative, putting your ancestors in the dark age, the arabs have sat on their asses meanwhile they adapt all your inventions and apply them to everyday life, making your ancestors stupider than mine. But just ushering that statement in rules out any form of intelligence in your brain.
You're basically saying your ancestors are intelligent because they sat back, lest the westerners progress technologically, then reap the benefits of what they have invented.

This means you looked at them doing nothing but waiting to take advantage of technological innovations created by others, then drew the conclusion they must be smarter by letting others do the work for them.

However, have you considered any other possible conclusions? Consider them now and tell me the most plausible.
Broderss
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by bill-e)
lol your stupidity / troll'ness makes me laugh
Well, I'm here to do what I do best.
Prince Rhyus
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Atheists, which do you put first?
A) Your fellow countrymen
B) Your fellow atheists
C) You're not an atheist

Children, who do you like better?
A) Daddy, or
B) Chips?

Please can we put an end to badly thought-out questions that were dreamt up on a playground and whose answers only seek to sow division?

"OMG! Muslims put Muslims first before their fellow countrymen! Evil traitors who must be executed/deported/sent to hell!!!111one111!!!"

Oh Pulease....:rolleyes:
Sakujo
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by nihility)
this thread is a veritable public relations coup for islam isnt it.

What?:eyeball:
najeezy
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
You're basically saying your ancestors are intelligent because they sat back, lest the westerners progress technologically, then reap the benefits of what they have invented.

This means you looked at them doing nothing but waiting to take advantage of technological innovations created by others, then drew the conclusion they must be smarter by letting others do the work for them.

However, have you considered any other possible conclusions? Consider them now and tell me the most plausible.
no, i wont engage your idiotic comments again, simply because most of them are hatecomments and i cba to argue with you all day.
najeezy
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Prince Rhyus)
B) Your fellow atheists
C) You're not an atheist

A) Daddy, or
B) Chips?

Please can we put an end to badly thought-out questions that were dreamt up on a playground and whose answers only seek to sow division?

"OMG! Muslims put Muslims first before their fellow countrymen! Evil traitors who must be executed/deported/sent to hell!!!111one111!!!"

lol, exactly what i said before, the OP needs to get a life, albeit you did use a better analogy.
Rexel
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Prince Rhyus)
B) Your fellow atheists
C) You're not an atheist

A) Daddy, or
B) Chips?

Forget deportation, I think we should kill them all!! :eek3: :eek3:
Diaz89
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Annoying-Mouse)
Is this supposed to be aimed at me? If so, can you explain why? I have not stated anything different to them, they have gone FURTHER in their analysis. So, in what way have I got 'owned'?
Who else did I quote :rolleyes:

You first post with the paragraph was alluding that Muslims are isolationist when this clearly wasn't the case, when I corrected you about this out of humiliation you went on to say it's "THEIR" opinion.....

For the first time, a TSR user has owned himself with their own material. That's the problem with you're snide and bad intended ways. Subhanallah.
zohaib01
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
There is no nationalism in islam why make someone a priority when they attack your religion no thanks
0201Bean
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
DON'T JOKE!1 IS ARE SRS BIZNEZ!!
*Freaked out*

:p:
0201Bean
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Annoying-Mouse)
x
Oh, here you are again.
Broderss
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by najeezy)
your views and expressions show clear biased and stereotypical attributes based on no evidence at all, when you make these types of judgements on an forum, it shows intellectual inepth.
Before you call me unintelligent or infer intellectual ineptitude on my part, please note your constant grammatical errors and inability to construct correct English sentences or create coherent statements.

Although I suspect English is not your first language.
Rexel
Report 8 years ago
Before you call me unintelligent or infer intellectual ineptitude on my part, please note your constant grammatical errors and inability to construct correct English sentences or create coherent statements.
I love how you're always on here trying to diss Islam. Don't you have any exams to revise for? :cool:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (532)
80.24%
Leave (131)
19.76%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed