George Osborne: Trident is not exempt from budget cuts Watch

Hippysnake
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by MagicNMedicine)
If Iran don't care about then how does Trident deter them? It's a bit like saying we need to bring in the death penalty for suicide bombers as the ultimate deterrent.
They don't care about bombing us to hell. The only thing that's stopping them is fear of us bombing them back to hell.

I've stopped arguing, cba anymore. Scrapping Trident is a batshit, stupid move endorsed by hippies and those blind to the hatred of all things British. That's the reason it hasn't been scrapped and the reason it won't be scrapped.
MagicNMedicine
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Hippysnake)
They don't care about bombing us to hell. The only thing that's stopping them is fear of us bombing them back to hell.
Israel have nukes.

Will the Israelis sleep safe in their beds when Iran has a nuclear arsenal, safe in the knowledge that their 'deterrent' would make any Islamic martyr fear the repercussions of Israel being able to send them to paradise?
Hippysnake
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by MagicNMedicine)
Israel have nukes.

Will the Israelis sleep safe in their beds when Iran has a nuclear arsenal, safe in the knowledge that their 'deterrent' would make any Islamic martyr fear the repercussions of Israel being able to send them to paradise?
This isn't about Israel. I couldn't give less of a **** about them if I tried. I'm talking about our own backyard.
MagicNMedicine
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Hippysnake)
This isn't about Israel. I couldn't give less of a **** about them if I tried. I'm talking about our own backyard.
But its the same threat that Israel face.

Israel are scared stiff by Iran having nukes because they think the Iranians would nuke them and not give too hoots about getting nuked back as it would be a grand scale suicide mission.

Trident isn't a nuclear shield, all it is is a retaliatory weapon, so it's only useful against other rational actors. The Soviet Union and China come into that category, but fundamentalist Islamic governments don't
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (386)
79.75%
Leave (98)
20.25%

Watched Threads