Turn on thread page Beta

Girls: do you think you are fat? watch

• View Poll Results: girls: do you think you are fat?
    I think I am very fat
    13.00%
    I think I am a bit fat
    47.83%
    I think I am just right
    16.59%
    I think I am a bit thin
    3.89%
    I think I am too thin
    2.69%
    I am a guy
    15.99%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by badwithgirls)
    most girls these days because of media and society think they are fat. this is the impression I get in real life. I wanted to know if this was the case with girls on TSR. I have included a poll with this.
    The majority are fat. Or skinny fat. Or medium with lots of fat.

There is no hope.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bunnyxo92)
    i'm the opposite, as in, i used to be too thin, now i'm normal weight, now i feel SO fat, but i would love to go back to my old weight or thinner. now i feel like i've had a go at being fat, and i hate it, so i'm compromising and losing weight until i reach the minimal "healthy" weight
    Oh don't get me wrong -- i'd love to loose maybe 10-15 pounds at most. I just don't want to be annorexic again. :no: Minimal healthy weight sounds like an okay goal if that's what you want. I'd just never want my weight to control my life again.

ReputationRep:
    I'm a size 8/10, and about a stone overweight, about 2st over what I'd like to be.

So yes, I am a little bit fat, but it's not a disaster.

ReputationRep:
    i'm a size 10 but i have wobbly bits that i'd love to get rid of.

ReputationRep:
    Nope.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SpamBa)
    I'm a size 8/10, and about a stone overweight, about 2st over what I'd like to be.

How tall are you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SpamBa)

How tall are you/ how much do you weigh?

ReputationRep:
    I'm about right, probably. Doesn't mean I don't feel fat sometimes though!

ReputationRep:
    Hmm I wouldn't say I was the biggest fatty ever but I would most definitely consider myself overweight and I do need to lose a few pounds.
    I use to weigh 13st at my heaviest and wearing size 14-16 but dropped to 10st and was a size 10-12.
    Now i'm back up to 11st and considering i'm 5'3 and a size 12-14 thats not too good but i'm working on it.
    Ideally i'd like to be an 8-10 or i'd settle with 10-12 again.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by showmeapicture)
    nuuu, i'm too thin, by about 6kg. I dunno what that is in pounds or how significant that would be to my frame if i gained it but it's what the doc says. I do look really waif-like but i eat well and i've tried in vain, put so much blood, sweat and tears into trying to gain some lbs but it's not worth it anymore, my body won't budge.
    I am exactly the same, you hear about people who think they're too fat all the time but what about the ones who think they're too thin. And it is basiclly impossible to gain weight.

I think im a bit too think tbh 5,10 and just under 8 stone??

ReputationRep:
    Think I'm a bit fat :/

Size 12 on the bottom and 10/12 on top and even have a few 8s (though this is down to vanity sizing in shops I think - a few years back I would consistently buy size 12 clothes and even though I've gained weight since then clothes sizes have got smaller :confused: ).

Anyway, would maybe like to lose a stone (atm 5'6" 10.5 stone). I don't know what I'll look like at that size or if losing more would look even better but it's a start

Although I always think I would like to lose weight and have never actually got around to it yet, so I guess my weight doesn't actually affect me too much

(Original post by sunny_veggies)
    I am exactly the same, you hear about people who think they're too fat all the time but what about the ones who think they're too thin. And it is basiclly impossible to gain weight.

I think im a bit too think tbh 5,10 and just under 8 stone??
    :eek: that gives you a bmi of 16.1 (not the best indicator, I know, but kinda useful). Apparently below 18.5 is underweight according to this... http://www.nhlbisupport.com/bmi/

You say it's impossible - what do you eat?? Maybe you eat less than you think

(Original post by vonniegee)
    I think I'm just right. I'm a size 10 and I wouldn't really want to be any bigger or smaller.
    Lies. Siobhan is a fat girl name.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GazingAtStars)
    Yes, I am a bit fat. I am size 10. But I have FAT.
    this

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lefty Leo)
    Lies. Siobhan is a fat girl name.
    Yeah, I'm practically obese. Sucks to be me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ily_em)
    Think I'm a bit fat :/

Size 12 on the bottom and 10/12 on top and even have a few 8s (though this is down to vanity sizing in shops I think - a few years back I would consistently buy size 12 clothes and even though I've gained weight since then clothes sizes have got smaller :confused: ).

Anyway, would maybe like to lose a stone (atm 5'6" 10.5 stone). I don't know what I'll look like at that size or if losing more would look even better but it's a start

Although I always think I would like to lose weight and have never actually got around to it yet, so I guess my weight doesn't actually affect me too much

:eek: that gives you a bmi of 16.1 (not the best indicator, I know, but kinda useful). Apparently below 18.5 is underweight according to this... http://www.nhlbisupport.com/bmi/

You say it's impossible - what do you eat?? Maybe you eat less than you think

Hmm well today i ate....
    Toast, cereal....Cheese and onion rolls (like sausage rolls)X2, Yogurt, Smarties , Grapes (Just for breakfast and lunch)
    Do you think that is not a lot of food??

And btw i dont think your fat, size 12 is a good size

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by failingatm)
    OP is ADONIS. I can feel it
    People probably tell you this all the time but that pic in your sig is so bizarre :shock:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sunny_veggies)
    Hmm well today i ate....
    Toast, cereal....Cheese and onion rolls (like sausage rolls)X2, Yogurt, Smarties , Grapes (Just for breakfast and lunch)
    Do you think that is not a lot of food??

And btw i dont think your fat, size 12 is a good size
    Wow, sounds pretty normal to me... that's the kind of stuff I eat! Unless you do a lot of exercise too

I think I'm a bit fat, you should see my thighs :eek3: got love handles too, and my arms are chuuby I would just like to be more toned generally

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ily_em)
    Wow, sounds pretty normal to me... that's the kind of stuff I eat! Unless you do a lot of exercise too

I think I'm a bit fat, you should see my thighs :eek3: got love handles too, and my arms are chuuby I would just like to be more toned generally
    Nope i dont really do much exercise at all.
    Im sure your fine You gotta love your curves, better than being stick thin ill :yep:
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Bit overweight, yes :yes:

ReputationRep:
    I am a size 12/14 and say I am a bit fat. I mean to say I am a size 14 I do hold my weight well. I'm not flat, but then I don't roll either. Ideally I'd like to lose a bit on my thighs, but saying that, my jeans are feeling a bit slacker than when I wore them just a week ago I do think my main problem is not fat, but that I am untoned, and so my belly just jiggles around. I think if I tried to tone up my stomach, I would be a lot flatter and fit easily into a 12 rather than be 12/14.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 6, 2010
Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.