Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

women, what would be the age you would expect to have first and last kids, ideally ? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FkatF)

My mum had me at 37 and (although my parents are awesome and rasied me v well) I think that's a bit too old - all my grandparents died by the time I was 14
    How old were you grandparents when they died?

My mum was 26 when she had me, but one grandpa died before I was born and the other died when I was only 12. On the other hand my nana had my dad when she was 40, yet she lived into her 90's and died when I was 20.

ReputationRep:
    If i or the guy was really rich ... i would happily have one now (i'm 18)
    but in reality i'd get uni and a job sorted .. so like 24 first .. then like up to 30 for the last? ..
    well actuall as long as it takes to have 3 but no older then like 40

ReputationRep:
    I'd like to be about 33-34. I figure it'll give me the time to full infiltrate my chosen field so I'm not left with a child and stuck for a job. I'd like to be younger than my mum (she was 38) as well, I think she left it too late to have me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fragile_Illusions)

I'd like to be younger than my mum (she was 38) as well, I think she left it too late to have me.
    Well be grateful she did, because YOU wouldn't be here otherwise.

ReputationRep:
    25-32 for me. My Mum was 36 when she had me and I had both sets of grandparents until Jan this year when I lost one of my grandpas. I think I might have gotten on a bit better with my Mum had she had me a bit younger but oh well, it suited them.

ReputationRep:
    Ideally, around 25-30. Or even around the age I am now, 22.

The way my life is going, I won't be ready to raise a child until I'm 35-40. Which is a bit of a pain in the arse.

I don't want to be an old parent.

ReputationRep:
    My plan was 23. But that's only 2 years away :erm: ... Maybe if I win the lottery!

1st at 25. Second at 30. Third at 35. Only accidents after that..

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StressReliever)
    Well be grateful she did, because YOU wouldn't be here otherwise.
    Oh, thanks. I didn't realise. Idiot.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tabris)
    Ideally, around 25-30. Or even around the age I am now, 22.

The way my life is going, I won't be ready to raise a child until I'm 35-40. Which is a bit of a pain in the arse.

I don't want to be an old parent.
    I think I won't be ready until about 35, 29 now. That's ok for me though as I plan to have 1 child, so I can stay young and also give it good attention/resources.

ReputationRep:
    Mid to late twenties, I'd like 3 kids ideally and not too much of an age gap inbetween them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by favouriteworstnightmare)
    First - about 28
    Last - about 34.
    Roughly the same

ReputationRep:
    First - 23/24, last - 35/36.

Although, realistically, I doubt that'll happen.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cool Cat)
    I've already got 4 kids. Had em all between the ages of 10 and 16.

I like to keep busy, if you know what I mean :sexface:
    Lesbians can't have kids.

ReputationRep:
    24-ish. It depends when I get married and how I feel at the time though!

ReputationRep:
    Between 26 and 40. But I have no real plans to have children.

ReputationRep:
    First about 23-24, last, well, we'll see.

ReputationRep:
    Captain Hindsight

http://img834.imageshack.us/img834/4729/ohnobx.jpg

ReputationRep:
    I would like to be 22ish in an ideal world for my first, and anything up to 35 for my last. But realistically I won't graduate until 2013 and would like a year at work before having a family, so 24.

ReputationRep:
    It would depend on how i felt at the time, my mum originally wanted 4 kids but stopped after 2. I would love to have huge family but it would mean starting almost as soon as i get married which i'm not sure i want to do. If i hadn't had a baby by the age of 45 i would give up, probably the same age if i had had kids. If it got close to my give up age with nothing i would probably adopt or foster but keep trying until the age of 45. Most of my family ahve beeen young mums, my grandma was 19 when she had my dads older sister, 26 when she had my dad, my mum was 22 when she had my brother and 24 when she had me, i'm not sure how old my nana was when she my mum but it was in her early 20's, i'm 24 now and can't imagine being like my mum with 2 kids already.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 28, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.