France Grand Slam
    3.39%
    Italy Title
    1.69%
    Italy Grand Slam
    4.24%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drogue)
    All this anyone-but-England style talk will just make winning the 6N that much sweeter :p: It removes any gentlemanly desire not to rub people's noses in it, at least...
    :five:

ReputationRep:
    I've never really been one of those anyone-but-England types (having been brought up over this side of the pond for most of my life). I don't mind England winning if Ireland can't, just so long as they are not BORING when they do it. Judging by the display against Italy, it seems that's not the case.

In fact, I end up heading towards anyone-but-Wales :ninjagirl:

Australia are going to win the world cup, though, so don't get too ahead of yourselves :borat:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pinkpenguin)
    In fact, I end up heading towards anyone-but-Wales :ninjagirl:
    You traitor! We're your brethren!

Nah a lot of people don't like the Welsh team. There are a few ********s in there, but I have to love them cause I'm Welsh. But an Irishwoman favouring England over Wales?! Thought I'd never see the day.

England 27 France 32 for Saturday. :cool: I've got a feeling it's going to be very high scoring.

ReputationRep:
    "Anyone but England" fans annoy me. What did we ever do to you?!? (Don't answer this)

Personally I support

England
    Wales, Ireland, Scotland

Anyone else

Australia, South Africa, New Zealand

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Curzon)
    You traitor! We're your brethren!

Nah a lot of people don't like the Welsh team. There are a few ********s in there, but I have to love them cause I'm Welsh. But an Irishwoman favouring England over Wales?! Thought I'd never see the day.

England 27 France 32 for Saturday. :cool: I've got a feeling it's going to be very high scoring.
    I'm sorry :sad: It's not a nation-thing, honestly.

It is purely for the persons you are alluding to. All the same-y looking black haired, fake tanned losers that seem to think they are god's gift to the game, even though they are distinctly average. You know of whom I speak!

I do like a number of Welsh players though, notably Stephen Jones and Tom Shanklin. Rate them highly.

See, I've lived in England for most of my life so I do like to see them win every now and then. I'm relatively ambivalent towards them overall though.

Order of preference:

Ireland
    Italy (Grandfather = Italian)
    England (just)
    Scotland
    Wales
    France

But then I'm really not that fussed outside of Ireland and Italy. Outside the 6N, I'm very much Anyone-But-South-Africa though. I'd rather the All Blacks win the world cup beating Ireland in the final than South Africa win. God, they annoy me.

Ooh I hope the game is that high scoring! Will be fun. I just hope Ire vs Sco is better than Sco vs Wales the other week :facepalm2:

(Original post by py0alb)
    "Anyone but England" fans annoy me. What did we ever do to you?!? (Don't answer this)
    Lol. Good addition.

ReputationRep:
    My order of preference:

Wales
    Italy
    Scotland
    France
    Ireland
    England

Don't like the Irish (despite the awesome language i just don't like the team) or English (bunch of private schooled arrogant pricks :p: Like the Italians as they are underdogs. Scots i like if they play well. France, same if they play well. Basically i support the teams who play well mostly apart from England though of course.

ReputationRep:
    My order is:

Ireland
    Scotland
    Italy
    Wales
    France
    England.

ReputationRep:
    England
    Anyone else
    Wales

ReputationRep:
    Mine would go:

England
    Scotland (my mum's side of my family come from Shetland)
    Wales/Ireland
    Anyone else
    France

I'd rather a home nation wins stuff than anyone else if England can't win, and France strike me as an arrogant team. They're a good team and play in an exciting style, but the players and coach just seem like arrogant pricks.

ReputationRep:
    Mine would go:

England
    Scotland (my mum's side of my family come from Shetland)
    Wales/Ireland
    Anyone else
    France

I'd rather a home nation wins stuff than anyone else if England can't win, and France strike me as an arrogant team. They're a good team and play in an exciting style, but the players and coach just seem like arrogant pricks.
    You honestly wouldn't support France against New Zealand?

ReputationRep:
    You honestly wouldn't support France against New Zealand?
    No. As much as I despise McCaw, they have such class that I think they deserve to win - Carter, Williams, etc. Their arrogance is deserved, whereas I think the French team are a bit uppity.

I should stress, if England aren't playing, I usually don't care at all, so the difference between how I see Wales, France and New Zealand is very small. But I'd slightly prefer a home nations team to win and slightly prefer the French to be totally thrashed. Mainly I just want England to win though.

ReputationRep:
    No. As much as I despise McCaw, they have such class that I think they deserve to win - Carter, Williams, etc. Their arrogance is deserved, whereas I think the French team are a bit uppity.

I should stress, if England aren't playing, I usually don't care at all, so the difference between how I see Wales, France and New Zealand is very small. But I'd slightly prefer a home nations team to win and slightly prefer the French to be totally thrashed. Mainly I just want England to win though.
    Fair enough, every supporter is different. I have a heavy dose of Northern hemisphere solidarity come the autumn international and world cup. I think the other people in the pub during the Ireland - New Zealand match thought I was actually Irish.

ReputationRep:
    Fair enough, every supporter is different. I have a heavy dose of Northern hemisphere solidarity come the autumn international and world cup. I think the other people in the pub during the Ireland - New Zealand match thought I was actually Irish.
    Yeah, I hate seeing NH teams getting stuffed by the SH. Especially South Africa. Unless it's England getting stuffed of course

I'd go:
    Wales (duh)
    Italy (hate seeing them get hammered in the 6N)
    Scotland
    Ireland
    France
    Everyone else (though don't mind the Aussies so much)
    England
    :cool:

Sorry English people, I just can't bring myself to support England! It's in my blood you see.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfUmW_Mf5qc

The french....

ReputationRep:
    Chabal being a bit of a ****. What's that got to do with the rest of the French team?

ReputationRep:
    Chabal being a bit of a ****. What's that got to do with the rest of the French team?
    Basically something to highlight a previous comment in which it was stated that the French are arrogant. That was just a mere example. If he can reply to that in English he could answer English questions.

ReputationRep:
    I imagine he's contending that Chabal's comments are somewhat indicative of the French team. Would it be implausible to imagine Lievremont or many of the other players doing the same thing?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anarone)
    Basically something to highlight a previous comment in which it was stated that the French are arrogant. That was just a mere example. If he can reply to that in English he could answer English questions.
    I imagine he's contending that Chabal's comments are somewhat indicative of the French team. Would it be implausible to imagine Lievremont or many of the other players doing the same thing?
    That was done badly by Chabal yes. I don't see how that suggests the rest of the French players or Lievremont would refuse to speak English in a press interview. Actually if I was French, I'd be pretty offended.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not saying the French players necessarily would, but it highlights an arrogancy in which other French player's may be. Rugby is an international sport... If you want to talk to the rugby world, and can speak English... then why not use it?

ReputationRep:
    Makes me laugh every time :rofl:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.