Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Okay, so I'm joining the crowd of rejectees.

ReputationRep:
    Just got rejected with a 1.1 gpa in the Abitur.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brantonli)
    I just called Catherines admissions office, and she just said 'Letters are sent out today' and that emails may be sent out by the end of the week...? I also asked about ucas, and she said she had no idea when it would be updated :confused: I might have to ask my housemaster at school to read the letter for me O.o

Hey there Brantonli! I'm an international St Catz applicant too. For vet med. What did apply for? I'm pretty nervous and haven't plucked up the courage to email them yet... Let me know how it goes for you! All the best

ReputationRep:
    Got rejected for Engineering by Downing. In the letter they said that they strongly considered me for the winter pool but after further investigations they found much stronger applicants in the pool and most colleges have already filled out the engineering intake for the year.

Disappointed. What's more disappointing is I got rejected by Bristol 10 seconds later, but then my application was picked up by another department and so i'm being interviewed for something completely different to what I applied for :s

ReputationRep:
    Got my rejection for medicine from Caius College today. I have no idea what went wrong . Maybe because they have like 1 or 2 seats for international. Anyways Im crying my eyes out because i wasnt successful with my application last and this year aswell, I still have an interview at peninsula though but its still so disappointing and depressing, I feel so down!! =(((((((

ReputationRep:
    I got rejected for Pembroke PhysNatSci.

**** 'em

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by w34)
    I am very sorry to hear this. Probably going to share the same fate.
    Could you please share your subject/college. What bundesland are you from?

ReputationRep:
    For everyone just been rejected remember you now have opportunity to become the best in your subject and dominate the world and make cambridge regret their mistake (thats my plan anyway)

ReputationRep:
    Rejected from Wolfson for History. A little disappointed, sure, but with it comes a great sense of relief.. I can chill out now.
    I had a little niggling fear that the people there would not quite 'get' my crude, sarcastic sense of humour anyway- but now I needn't worry about that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by w34)
    Also got rejected for NatSci. 1.1 average in the Abitur doesn't mean anything though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Toni42)
    For everyone just been rejected remember you now have opportunity to become the best in your subject and dominate the world and make cambridge regret their mistake (thats my plan anyway)
    hahaa, my thoughts exactly.

ReputationRep:
    rejected from fitzwilliam college. pps.

ReputationRep:
    REJECTED! PPS @ Trinity Hall

Not a good feeling

ReputationRep:
    When: November 17th (They really didn't like me!) lol
    How: Came home from school. My sister said "You've got a letter." I was like "uh-oh" because Emmanuel said they would send out pre-interview rejections by post so knew it was coming
    What for: Geography
    College: Emmanuel
    Emotions: A bit disappointed at first. But then I was like f*** em if I'm not good enough for the posh boys (awful stereotype I know!) Now I'm really glad because I now want to study Physics at uni! And I didn't have to finish that God awful Geography book which I told them I had read and at least I didn't go through 2 gruelling interviews.
    Why: It said on my letter something along the lines of "You have no realistic chance of getting an offer/into Cambridge" Can't remember exactly what it said as I chucked the letter out! Tbh I think it's bull**** as I had perfect grades and come from a pretty poor performing state school so I think I should have at least gotten an interview. My school got feedback (which I actually haven't seen yet) and my headteacher said she wasn't happy with it at all and wrote a letter of complaint to the Education Minister! Anyway, no point crying over spilt milk.
    Reapply?: Nah. Not for undergrad anyway. May apply for postgrad research/PHD. Or I may apply to Oxford for postgrad! lol

(Original post by Ollie901)
    I got rejected for Pembroke PhysNatSci.

**** 'em
    Good attitude! lol

ReputationRep:
    Rejected from Catz for PPS..on the plus side I have an unconditional from York where I can actually have FUN. woop.

ReputationRep:
    Lovelies, all of you are more than welcome to PM me if you need support. I was rejected pre-interview, so I definitely know what all of you are going through right now. I'm not going to tell you that it gets better, because I know I cursed out everyone who told me that after interview (hell, I didn't tell anyone for a week, in the first place), and it still kinda bugs me weeks later.

So *hugs* and love to you guys. And I mean it: if you need to rant or cry or talk things out with somebody who doesn't know all of your business already and can actually understand, my inbox is open.

ReputationRep:
    Rejected for PhyNatSci @ Trinity..

I am an international student with a decent IB predicted grade (39/42 with 7s in HL subjects), self-studied 8 AP exams and managed to earn full scores in all of them, not to mention having a really gud sat score (though it doesnt matter for UK)..i feel somewhat sad, but im trying to move on and focus on US as I applied to lots of Ivy Leagues and other top-notch schools..

I'm gonna make Cambridge regret their decision to reject me in the future! haha
    and don't be too depressed guys, because what defines you is not whether you get in to a prestigious school, but how you choose to make use of the opportunity around you. No matter where you go, you are still a brilliant student, and nothing can change what truly defines you.

ReputationRep:
    just got my rejection letter by email
    though expected, still feel very disappointed and sad....

pray for my u.s. colleges now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by evieyang)
    just got my rejection letter by email
    though expected, still feel very disappointed and sad....

pray for my u.s. colleges now
    aww, i'm sorry sweetie.

where did you apply to in the states?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pink giggle)
    aww, i'm sorry sweetie.

where did you apply to in the states?
    several liberal arts colleges, two are women-only colleges...~~~

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.