Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Apologies if there is already a topic on this. Is anyone going? The line-up is looking pretty good so far; Metallica, Slipknot, Biffy Clyro, Bill Bailey, and Ive heard Richard Cheese is rumored

You can see the full line-up here:

http://team.sonispherefestivals.com/s.php?t=8&m=256

Also, here is a preview video for the festival, looks pretty awesome!

http://team.sonispherefestivals.com/s.php?t=10&m=256

Reminds me of the first year, when Metallica opened with Blackened pretty damn epic.

ReputationRep:
    Soooo want to go but highly doubt I'll afford it. Or find a friend to accompany me for that matter... Very jealous!

ReputationRep:
    The Big 4 and Slipknot.
    My life is complete.

ReputationRep:
    I might save up and see if I can get last minute tickets; Big Four AND Bill Bailey? ****yeahhh.

ReputationRep:
    Trying to scrounge the money together at the moment. Richard Cheese would be brilliant

ReputationRep:
    There is a thread already, but one more can't hurt.

I've bought my ticket and I'm seriously looking forward to some of the bands lower down the bill (namely Protest The Hero, Periphery, Firewind and Rise To Remain) as well as In Flames, Parkway Drive, Anthrax and SlipKnot.

The line up is just orgasmic.

ReputationRep:
    big 4 and diamond head, and (motorhead aside) a load of absolute rubbish on the other days. Cant buy day tickets? **** you then Ill go to bloodstock

ReputationRep:
    I'd love to see Metallica and In Flames but the other bands aren't really much of a draw to me. Already seen Slipknot.

I'm going to Download as there are more bands I want to see

ReputationRep:
    Announcement at 3pm today

ReputationRep:

Will the Big 4 each have a full set, as there appears to be no 2nd stage on the Friday? Or will it just start later than 3rd/have longer gaps between them (or a mix of all)?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hobo06)

Will the Big 4 each have a full set, as there appears to be no 2nd stage on the Friday? Or will it just start later than 3rd/have longer gaps between them (or a mix of all)?
    Full set each I would imagine

Bad religion, the answer and hayseed dixie are all immense bands and this is an amazing line up so far

i can't decide what day i am most looking forward to cause
    Friday- big 4- gonna be amazing
    Saturday- biffy, weezer, bad religion, mars volta, sum 41, hayseed dixie
    Sunday- Slipknot, bill bailey, limp bizkit, motorhead, in flames, volbeat

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by matt10101)
    Full set each I would imagine

Bad religion, the answer and hayseed dixie are all immense bands and this is an amazing line up so far

i can't decide what day i am most looking forward to cause
    Friday- big 4- gonna be amazing
    Saturday- biffy, weezer, bad religion, mars volta, sum 41, hayseed dixie
    Sunday- Slipknot, bill bailey, limp bizkit, motorhead, in flames, volbeat
    I think it would have to be Friday or Sunday for me, I've seen Biffy, Weezer and Sum 41 (though that's not to say I'm not looking forward to any of them again, plus some of the others). Friday and Sunday is mostly new for me. I think Sunday just wins it though with the variety, in particular the evening, Limp Bizkit, followed by Bill Bailey, followed by Slipknot. Just epic.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hobo06)
    These are the setlists that were on Metal Hammer from the first big four show.

Anthrax

Caught in a Mosh
    Got the Time (Joe Jackson cover)
    Indians
    Heaven and Hell (Black Sabbath cover)
    Antisocial (Trust cover)
    Madhouse
    Only
    Efilnikufesin (N.F.L.)
    I Am The Law

Slayer

World Painted Blood
    Jihad
    War Ensemble
    Hate Worldwide
    Angel of Death
    Dead Skin Mask
    Disciple
    South of Heaven
    Raining Blood

Megadeth

Holy Wars… The Punishment Due
    Hangar 18
    Take No Prisoners
    Five Magics
    Poison Was the Cure
    Lucretia
    Tornado of Souls
    Rust in Peace… Polaris
    Headcrusher
    Sweating Bullets
    Symphony Of Destruction
    Peace Sells

Metallica

Creeping Death
    For Whom The Bell Tolls
    Fuel
    The Four Horsemen
    Fade To Black
    That Was Just Your Life
    Cyanide
    Sad But True
    Welcome Home (Sanitarium)
    All Nightmare Long
    One
    Master Of Puppets
    Blackened
    Nothing Else Matters
    Enter Sandman
    Stone Cold Crazy (Queen cover)
    Hit The Lights
    Seek & Destroy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Devel)
    These are the setlists that were on Metal Hammer from the first big four show.
    I hope Metallica open with Battery.

ReputationRep:
    Oooh, I don't know whether to go to this >.< I went last year, and I don't even like that sort of music usually (I literally only went to see Pendulum) but oh my gosh Rammstein were incredible and I had the best time AND I didn't die! Decisions, decisions.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Symph)
    Oooh, I don't know whether to go to this >.< I went last year, and I don't even like that sort of music usually (I literally only went to see Pendulum) but oh my gosh Rammstein were incredible and I had the best time AND I didn't die! Decisions, decisions.
    You should definitely go! It is going to be amazing and I'm pretty sure you won't die this year either, all the people at Sonisphere are just too nice.

I was there in 2009 and Metallica were incredible. Would not pass up a chance like this to see them, especially as they are with the other Big Four bands.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Only things I would have any interest in seeing:

Bill Bailey
    Opeth
    Richard Cheese
    Alestorm (in fact, mostly Alestorm)

Doesn't really seem worth it.
    If I was into thrash though, would be pretty much perfect.
    As it happens I'm not. At all.

ReputationRep:
    I am going for 4 days camping, CANT WAIT!!!

ReputationRep:
    Hi all! Soni is looking to be the only festival I'll go to this year now. Wanted to do this and Download, but there's not many bands I realllly want to see at DL, and seeing as I only really have the money to go to one, it's looking like Soni will be it! I prefer the atmosphere there anyways! Also loving the fact Bill Bailey shall be there

ReputationRep:
    Going with a couple mates and can't wait.

Had an amazing time last year, though I knew less of the line up than this year. Some of the best bands were on the lower stages though, Throats were immense.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.